Replies

• ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    @kimiuzzell super impressive lifts!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I was really pleased. I got all 5 sets on each but will stick with this weight for a while before moving up again.

Again, it's as much down to the support on here as it is to me getting in the gym, so thank you again, you all rock :smiley:
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Tried out lifting at the gym closer to home but late at night instead of during day. Went after work. It was okay but I wasn't interested in being there too long. I wasn't the only one there for a good part of it though, which was different.

Chapter 3: Bench

band pull warm ups 3x10

Bench 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 75, 1x6 @ 85 and 4x4 @ 100 - went okay but tad slow at times. Maybe next weekend I will go before work and see if the staff person can do a hand off so I can practice that instead of getting the bar myself each set as the meet will involve that unless I request to not have anyone help.

pull ups 3x1 barely, struggled with them this time, and chin ups 1x2 both on the smith machine
    db bench press 3x6 @ 35

db fly 3x10 @ 25
    one db row 3x10 @ 40

face pull 3x10 @ 60
    pallof press 3x10 @ 35
  • ninenines
    Options
    Today's Workout
    Alternating Press 1 x 6,4,2 at 6kg.
    Band Assisted Pull-up 1 x 6,4 with three bands and 2 with two bands.
    Stronglifts:
    SQ: Just some warm up sets at 20kg and 30kg. Plated up 40kg, unracked it and then changed my mind. I really want to do it, but I just need to be patient and let the chiro work on my back for a few weeks.
    OHP: 5x5 at 24kg. Surprised I got this actually, first set was really hard. I did take some longer rest breaks of 4-5 minutes before the last couple of sets though.
    DL: 1x5 at 65kg.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    2 mile run done!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squats- 1X5X 95/100/105/110, 5X5X 115
    Sumo squats-5X5X 100
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 50
    DL- 1X5X 135

I had major insomnia last night so I am very late in doing my workout. Later this afternoon I will do my kettle bell swings.
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Flipping heck ... No gym today, but went for a bike ride. Turned into 50 hilly miles, the latter half in a blizzard. And then a couple of miles walk home with a flat tyre! I would have fixed it, but it was sooooooo cold and snowy that it was better to just keep moving. Lucky it happened where it did - if that had happened in the middle of the countryside I would have been a very unhappy bunny...
  • ninenines
    Options
    Kettlebell Test today, I had to do one set of as many reps as possible of each exercise with the weight I'd been using throughout. I've just about finished 5 weeks of KB. Probably closer to 4 weeks actually as I condensed it a little. I didn't do a test at the start of the program, but I intend to keep repeating the program and keep increasing the weights/reps. I'm still waiting for my 20kg kettlebell to arrive.

Goblet Squat: 5x5 at 16kg
    KB Swing: 1x100 at 16kg. That was it mentally for me! Was a bit shaky when I finished.
    Alternating Press: 1x15 at 6kg.
    Band Assisted Pull up (3 bands): 1x10
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    ninenines wrote: »
    Kettlebell Test today, I had to do one set of as many reps as possible of each exercise with the weight I'd been using throughout. I've just about finished 5 weeks of KB. Probably closer to 4 weeks actually as I condensed it a little. I didn't do a test at the start of the program, but I intend to keep repeating the program and keep increasing the weights/reps. I'm still waiting for my 20kg kettlebell to arrive.

Goblet Squat: 5x5 at 16kg
    KB Swing: 1x100 at 16kg. That was it mentally for me! Was a bit shaky when I finished.
    Alternating Press: 1x15 at 6kg.
    Band Assisted Pull up (3 bands): 1x10

Awesome! Very impressive! Was the test to become a strongfirst instructor?
  • ninenines
    Options
    Oh no, it was just a fitness test thingy to see progress over the Muscle & Fitness program you originally linked to. Presumably next round I should be able to do more!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge

Goblet squat-3X7X30
    Russian kettle bell swing- 17X15X30 = 255

Challenge Total- 2265

I decided to increase the number of reps per set to 15. Again I use the 30 pound kettle bell on Stronglifts workout day.
  • ninenines
    Options
    How did you find 15 swings per set @fanncy0626 ? My hamstrings really noticed the increase!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    ninenines wrote: »
    How did you find 15 swings per set @fanncy0626 ? My hamstrings really noticed the increase!

I thought it was more difficult. I wasn't sure that I would be able to finish it. I did increase my rest time to 1 minute. I was breathing harder during that time and my heart rate was higher. Much more intense workout.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    rib kink was back and pretty bad. i spent most of my gym time on the foam roller trying to take it by surprise and push it back into place. i did press at 55 and deadlift up to 130, but no lift goes very well when you're afraid to fully commit yourself to it.
  • fanncy0626
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge

Goblet squat-3X7X 25
    Russian Kettlebell swing-34X 15 X 25 = 510

Day 7 Challenge Total- 2575

To be honest I did not want to do these today! However, I feel so good having done them! Sometimes in order to accomplish our goals we have to push ourselves beyond what we think we can do.

Now it is time for me to get up and take my puppy for a 2 mile walk. I am trying to do this three times a day to get his energy level down. I am also in the 2016 MFP1000 mile Walk Challenge. It is nice to do these things with other people.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Lifted weights last night after work. Went okay though getting tired from work. Cashier is sick so I ended up going in early and working 10 hours yesterday. Already got message today from coworker that we are cashiering until the closing cashier gets to work, so the first two hours of my shift will be up at the register instead of in my department. But my days off are tomorrow and Wednesday.

Chapter 3: Deadlift

low bar squat 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x6 @ 115 and 3x5 @ 145 - feels heavy when doing low bar versus high bar

Deadlift 1x6 @ 135, 1x5 @ 165, 4x4 @ 190

leg press 3x10 @ 225

cable kick back 3x10 @ 40
    hanging ab chair thing 2x10

Considering doing either rack pulls or trying something on smith machine but guy was there so I didn't bother. Plus, I was ready to go home. Spot on hip is better but decided to wait another week before doing WHT again. Looking forward to not having work tomorrow. Just need to get through today's shift. Also, glad pay day is this week. Need to order things asap for the meet since it's 6 weeks away.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi hi! I'm new! I did SL for a couple of months about a year ago and now I'm restarting because... well I have issues with committing apparently. But I am going to start posting in here on my progress :)

Workout 7:
    Squat 5x5@70lb (time to increase!)
    Bench 4x5 and 1x4 at 50lb... with a roll of shame on the 5th rep of the 5th set... where the little 2.5 lber also went rolling across the gym... :D
    Row 5x5@55lb (time to increase!) - Deloaded from 60 because 60 was pulling my elbow weirdly. So had to make sure on my form. But 55 seemed way too easy after two sessions at 60.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Nothing to report - I missed my lifts on Saturday because I didn't feel well...then went out of town until last night. So exercise resumes in the morning, returning to my preferred eating patterns came back today. Good job everyone, keep being inspiring :)
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Ariadnula wrote: »
    Flipping heck ... No gym today, but went for a bike ride. Turned into 50 hilly miles, the latter half in a blizzard. And then a couple of miles walk home with a flat tyre! I would have fixed it, but it was sooooooo cold and snowy that it was better to just keep moving. Lucky it happened where it did - if that had happened in the middle of the countryside I would have been a very unhappy bunny...

wow. i have done bike in a blizzard and i'm completely with you about not stopping to try and fix a flat under those conditions. it takes conscious awareness to make sure you keep your body temp regulated and still avoid exhausting yourself.

eat everything :)
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Didn't go to the gym on sunday, spent the day cutting and ripping out carpet so they could come in a lay my new floors down today. Woohoo! Was a good workout doing the carpet and holy heck! who knew there was so much dirt under the carpet! It was very yuck!

I forgot my brace today at the gym (ugh!!). I only did 2 of the 3, will hit the gym tomorrow at lunch and do the barbell rows to finish it off.

SL's
    Squats - 5x5@160pds
    Bench - 5x5 @80pds - I did an extra set of the bench @85 pds 1x5 cause I was feeling guilty about not doing the barbell row today.

My hips are very sore, right in crease area, I think it's from the adjustment on the weekend trying to get them back in alignment. Hurts :(