TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• Lykkelig_o
    Lykkelig_o Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yesterday at my meeting I have to wear a skirt and I grabbed a 1x black skirt. I am the secretary so I sit behind a desk during the meeting. I went to walk to pick something up and my skirt fell off. Luckily I had a slip on and the one man at the meeting was talking to someone and did not see. The skirt goes into the too big pile. A pile that keeps getting bigger.
    That's amazing and very funny story! Though I think in that moment it might not be funny for you)). Congratulations on doing such a great job! Loose clothes are much better than just numbers in a scale.
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Shoulder's out! Can't do my video workouts in morning. :'(
    Still did my cycling though. Zumba's out until things get back in order. Sorry team. Will try to get back those active minutes somehow. Maybe more cycling sessions?
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Leanne just make sure you don't take on more than you should. Better to heal up all proper so the injury isn't prolonged.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    Still did my cycling though. Zumba's out until things get back in order. Sorry team. Will try to get back those active minutes somehow. Maybe more cycling sessions?

Ouch!!! take it easy and heal. Let the team carry you...thats what teams do. Hope you feel better soon!!

• leannev68
    Options
    Thanks all. I'm blaming the 2 hours of Pickle Ball I tried for the first time Monday night. Delayed effect. No more racket sports for me!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    Irish meal complete. I Googled "Irish Food" and got 50 recipes. The one we made was Cabbage Beef Casserole:

http://www.food.com/recipe/cabbage-beef-casserole-21688

It was soooooo good!! And very low calorie!
  • leannev68
    Options
    I made a beef barley stew in the crockpot yesterday. yum!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    I made a beef barley stew in the crockpot yesterday. yum!

That's one of my hubby's favourites!
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Happy St Patrick's Day! You are all such a fabulous group of women! I have trouble keeping up, my phone just doesn't do well trying to get through the thread but I find inspiration and joy every time I do read through a few pages. I'm doing three 30 day challenges, but modified for myself because of iinjuries/weak areas (back surgery and ruptured Achilles tendon) hoping to do them as written when I repeat them :) Arms, squat, and dumb Bells, lots of soreness but I believe in earning my results the old fashioned way. I love the road blocks, nutritional, and accountability challenges we are doing, keeps me guessing what fun will come to us next week. - eating colors interesting. I started doing Mason jar breakfast when I first started my weight loss journey in February, - really enjoying the ease of getting a healthy breakfast quick. Did Irish steel cut oats, pineapple and blueberry with coconut milk, delicious! My Fitbit is pushing me to get my steps in and be active instead of just collapsing on the couch after work. Logging my food in MFP is making me more conscious of exactly what ( and how much) I put in my mouth. Reading everyone's tips, tricks, struggles and accomplishments, keeps me inspired. Thank you!
    ~jazzypdx in Oregon
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

No need to be sorry, it's important to take the time you need to heal so things don't get worse. I've already got in extra power walking today, totally unplanned, and I have lots more to do because our sap hauling truck is stuck fender deep in mud. I decided to look at it from a positive side, I got to take a lovely early morning walk with geese flying overhead. Now I'm heading back with shovel in hand. lol. Happy St Patricks day all, corned beef and cabbage tonight. :smile:
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Happy St Patrick's Day! I made corned beef & cabbage last night which turned out great! I made a big batch with plenty for leftovers today. I've been walking daily & somedays get two walks in. I love that the weather is changing, can feel that warmer weather & spring is here! It's been pretty windy but the sun is shining & the sky is a beautiful blue. My little dog loves going for walks with me & gets excited whenever I put my shoes on so I hate to disappoint her!
    I'd like to respond to some recent posts:
    gawworthington- Your skirt incident was a true LOL moment when I read it! I hope you were able to laugh about it too & congrats on going down a size, what a way to find out!
    farmerpam1- So interesting reading about sugaring & how involved you are in it, sounds like a workout in itself!
    Leannev68-I'm so sorry about your shoulder injury, hang in there & take care of it! Don't worry about the team, we're strong & we've got this!
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Jazzypdx- the mason jar breakfasts sound really cool, where do you find the recipes?

• bm1409
    Options
    Road block 2 done (corn beef & cabbage). I am not a big corn beef person, but I love cabbage & potatoes. My husband liked the corn beef so it worked out. Tomorrow its suppose to be rainy and cold here, so I may skip the gym and attempt to do road block 1. I watched the videos and it looks a little complicated but I will give it my best shot.
  • berylw49
    berylw49 Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day, team 1! I hope everyone enjoyed. I just took a look at the grid and we are nearly to Ireland!

Are there any other Fitbit members here? It would be fun to have a Team 1 step challenge. Anyone can feel free to friend me, I think this link will do it: www.fitbit.com/user/2RWFDR
  • berylw49
    berylw49 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Also, it looks like we won week 1...go team 1! We truly are team awesome! :smiley:
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    berylw49 wrote: »
    Also, it looks like we won week 1...go team 1! We truly are team awesome! :smiley:

Yeah, I just saw that!
    Aren't we the best ?! Teehee!! :mrgreen:
    Well done everybody!

Now let's keep up the good work!

I've been wanting to up my game a bit for a little while (going through TOM and bloating not helping) this might be the little kick I needed !! I'll do my best!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Congratulations team!! That is so awesome. We truly have an amazing team. Let's keep up the good work. I can't tell you how awesome it is the amount of encouragement that gets passed around. It really does help to get the kudos on a job well done. I still have both roadblocks to figure out how to get in. I think that at a minimum each person has to do one or the other so i better get it figured out. Happy St. Paddys day everyone and have a good night!
  • bm1409
    Options
    congrats team.....we rock!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Wow! Just saw the announcement about us being the winning team!!! So proud of all of you! And we are well on track for week 2! Hopefully my neck and shoulder heal quickly (called in sick to rest my shoulder and then it was a snow day anyway!!! Spent it lying down on painkillers and muscle relaxants.)

Amazing effort by all! Despite family issues, injuries and all the other things life throws our way, we did it!!!!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Sunday is kind of a anniversary. I was sick with a cyst in my sinus and had to have surgery. I was in a ceremony where I wore a Purple formal and the pictures showed me how bad I had gained weight over the 18 months I was sick with the sinus thing and the doctor kept throwing antibiotics at me.
    I had the surgery and April 21st I started to lose weight. Sunday is the same ceremony and I will be doing the same position. I plan on taking a picture in the same dress and but will wear a different dress for the actual ceremony. I have not put the dress on since that day. size 24 down to size 14, 98 lbs down, 10 inches off my waist in 11 months. I will post the pictures after Sunday.