TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    khalley888 wrote: »
    Wow. Keep up the great work! Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the discussion board. My boyfriend of a year broke up with me out of the blue this week so I've lost a lot of my focus. Hoping to get back on track this weekend with exercise, if nothing else to distract me and keep me busy. Get ready for more exercise minutes from me!

I am so sorry to hear this. I wish you the best. Try to focus on you and don't let him bring you down. I cannot tell you how many times I have done things in the past for or because of a guy. I am still trying to learn to do things for me, but that is a very hard thing to learn. We are all here for you in whatever way you need.
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    khalley888 wrote: »
    Wow. Keep up the great work! Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the discussion board. My boyfriend of a year broke up with me out of the blue this week so I've lost a lot of my focus. Hoping to get back on track this weekend with exercise, if nothing else to distract me and keep me busy. Get ready for more exercise minutes from me!

Well, I'm gonna join everyody on that. It's a sad news. I wish you the best going through that.

Yesterday, I went way over my calories and today I felt better... I guess my body needed fuel. I went for a run and I was way faster than usual!
    I find it hard at this point to figure out how much to eat, I want to keep losing a few lbs but I also want to get strength, a little muscles and mostly, I want to feel good! :)

It was nice running outside today!

I'm planning on keeping doing the arm challenge for the whole 30 days because I'm curious to see the results I will get from that.

I also think, everybody should do the roadblock 1. It's really easy 10pts, fun and short! I did it a few times while singing out loud of course!

I agree with Leanne, our team is really doing amazing! Keep it up gals !

I noticed that "lcolpo" name appears 2 times on the spreadsheet and I think that it's affecting the total of our miles.

Have a nice evening!
    lsabeIIe
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Never noticed that lcolpo was on twice. I'll message her about that so she can remove one of them. Thanks for pointing that out!
  • khalley888
    khalley888 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support, team! I used the unexpected free time this weekend to work out and make soup for the week. I'm just going to focus on being my best self as a healthy distraction!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    What a busy last couple of days. I did ok at my night meeting Friday night - I brought a chocolate raspberry fit greek yogurt to have for refreshments instead of cupcakes. I was elected to the start of the line to be our equivalent of president. I have already done this twice. I hope everyone is doing a well this weekend. My son wanted waffles for dinner- I made something different for myself since the sugar challenge prevents it. I made the healthy choice.
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi all! It's a rainy day so probably won't get to walk today, hopefully I'll get some activity in but I have a lot of paperwork to get done. It might be a good time to start yoga again. I've done it in the past by following You Tube series & I really liked how it strengthened & stretched my muscles. I'll also clean my fridge & feezer of some leftover vegetables & make a pot of soup for the week.

As this week comes to an end I just want to say how much I enjoy reading all our team posts. I think it was so clever of mallowbar to add accountability to our challenge. I hope we all keep communicating with each other even when points aren't involved. It's so nice to get encouragement from each other & also hear about the challenges we each have to deal with on this road to a healthier self!
  • leannev68
    Options
    I agree, Connie! From the Winter Challenge, it seemed to me that the teams with the most posts in their discussion threads, performed better than others in the challenge. No coincidence there, I'm sure! I love the variety of our team members: different ages, occupations, parts of the world, family/health situations, goals etc. Diversity is the spice of life!
    Being able to share our challenges in a safe, caring environment is an element I hadn't thought of but knowing where others may have struggles seems to bring us closer together. I've had a challenging situation this week but was hesitant to share here because I didn't want to seem like I was trying to host a pity party or make excuses. I can see now, that sharing can actually make our team bond stronger and remind us we are not alone in our struggles!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    @cjborkowsk can you post the yoga video you like. I like to use youtube videos sometimes and always looking for good ones. I like working with a team and feel that I work better and harder with you. being on the sugar challenge prevented me from making a wrong choice at my meetings I attended. Let's have another great week!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    @cjborkowsk can you post the yoga video you like. I like to use youtube videos sometimes and always looking for good ones. I like working with a team and feel that I work better and harder with you. being on the sugar challenge prevented me from making a wrong choice at my meetings I attended. Let's have another great week!

Good job on your accomplishments this week. I don't do the you tube thing much cause we are actually on limited data at home so I am very careful at what videos I choose to watch. However, I don't know if you can find them, but Steve Ross was an amazing one we used to have dvr'd until we upgraded. Now I do power yoga mind and body with Adrienne reed. I have really loved both of these, so if you can find them out there you might check them out.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    I find that the team dynamic is definitely helping me make some better decisions. I felt guilty after not using the hotels fitness center on night one. So for night two, I was really trying to talk myself into going. Problem was that we had not eaten much during the day and were getting to the hotel after 6. I made myself do it though and it was all for the accountability aspect here. Also made way better food choices than I might have if I didn't have the fact that we all see how well we did each day. Lol. Glad it is working for me this way. I also hope that our team keeps this up after points are not involved. I say we aim to blow away the other teams in the number of posts in our thread. So far we are normally at the top so let's keep it up!
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Hi everybody!

@gawworthington
    @cjborkowski

And everybody who is interested. There is indeed a lot of yoga video on youtube, great one.

My favorite website for yoga is https://www.doyogawithme.com/
    There is tons of great videos there that you can choose from. If you want help for a structure practice, there is even a section called "programs" and you can get them for free if you write "0" when they ask "Name a price".

As for me, feeling well again today but the scale was not my friend this morning! :rage:

I can't wait to see what new challenges next week will bring us!

GO TEAM !
  • leannev68
    Options
    @lbenson2006
    You can't beat that accountability factor can you? I love it!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    So glad to be on this team. Today is my rest day, which has turned into a Anne Of Green Gables marathon day :) Now its time to get out and run some errands. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Im ready to see what next weeks holds.
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I like Yoga With Adriene on You Tube. She has a couple beginner videos & many others, everything from yoga for stress to a bedtime routine. The ones I like are slow paced & she explains the poses as you go. Once I get better at it I may check out some others too.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a struggle with the sugar thing yesterday and today. I went 5/7 without any, though. I should have known better than to buy powerbars when grocery shopping yesterday. If it's not in the house then I won't eat it. I'm looking forward to next weeks challenge. The squats are starting to take some time to complete and hubby made a comment about the muscles in my arms, so I'm going to keep up with the arm challenge also!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    farmerpam1 wrote: »
    I had a bit of a struggle with the sugar thing yesterday and today. I went 5/7 without any, though. I should have known better than to buy powerbars when grocery shopping yesterday. If it's not in the house then I won't eat it. I'm looking forward to next weeks challenge. The squats are starting to take some time to complete and hubby made a comment about the muscles in my arms, so I'm going to keep up with the arm challenge also!
    I think 5 out of 7 is absolutely amazing. Good for you!! I know it really opened my eyes to see what all they threw sugar in. As for the hubby noticing the arms, isn't it so nice when they notice our results and comment on it. It means so much when they let us know. Way to go!!
  • lsabeIIe
    edited March 2016
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

Well friends!
    I suggest you all take the time to congratulate yourself!
    We did well this week o:) with our success and struggles!

I want to thank you all for being there and for being awesome!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I agree Isabelle. Everyone put in a lot of effort, no matter what their situations. Great job all!
  • leannev68
    Options
    A tremendous week for sure!!! Thanks for being there ladies and for putting in your best effort despite life throwing different challenges at us! The new golden ticket challenges are posted! We're off to Ireland!!! Melodie has also posted some further clarifications in the week 3 newsletter announcement. I need to study all the new things she posted to wrap my head around them but I plan on doing most of them! Have a great week all! Stay in touch!!! :)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Good morning all. Happy to be to week 3 of challenge and week 2 of being on this awesome team! I'm going to start racking my brain as to how to get all those colors on my plate. Well, my scale went up but I am hoping it is a fluke and goes back down for weigh in. With meals and water levels being so off for the last three days, I'm assuming that's what it is from.