TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I got in a 5:30 am crossfit class because the weather is perfect for "sugaring" here in Vermont. That's what making maple syrup is called, I know I'll be stuck in the sugarhouse the next few days working. When the sap is running everything else is on hold. And I just did the 100 squats, they're starting to be a real challenge, I have to break them up. Glad I got them over with!
    Happy hump day everyone! Got it started with some elliptical and the squat and arm challenge. Hoping to get my gym workout in at lunch too. I might be taking a vacation day Friday which is making the days prior especially crazy but I am trying to not use that as an excuse to skip the gym like I would have in the past.

^Hope you get to take Friday off! I would have used sugaring as an excuse to miss a workout. I really like how this challenge has upped my motivation. Team 1 rocks! :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I hope you all have a fantastic day. Use it to reach further, and to get at least a little bit closer to your goals!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    Yes. A great first day everyone! We rock! Well done. All posted except for Marji2busy. Haven't been able to hook up with her yet. Excellent start!!!

I just got a message from Marij2busy and she said she had to leave the group.

• bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I saw this video on my face book page this morning and thought it might be of interest to everyone who is already doing squats. Its called Super Brain Yoga. ( I also sent the link to Mallobar, in case she thought other people might be interested).

https://youtu.be/KCnpD4CzH08
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I feel exhausted today...
    But the good thing about challenges is that normally I would rest all day, but today, I will still do the arm challenge and my strength workout because I love you guys ! :heart: GO TEAM 1
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    farmerpam1 wrote: »
    Morning all, I got in a 5:30 am crossfit class because the weather is perfect for "sugaring" here in Vermont. That's what making maple syrup is called, I know I'll be stuck in the sugarhouse the next few days working. When the sap is running everything else is on hold. And I just did the 100 squats, they're starting to be a real challenge, I have to break them up. Glad I got them over :)

Pam is so correct sugaring is a lot of work. My sister and brother in law dos this for a few years, we would get all excited "the trees are running". I think here in mass it's been to warm, 70 degrees today. I got out for a walk in just a tee shirt. Unbelievable weather right now

• cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love reading all the team posts, what a varied group we have from so many different locations & climates! Glad we all have the goal of being a strong team & motivating each other!
    I'm still going strong & getting extra walking time in thanks to my Fitbit groups, I should see a bigger loss on the scale this week! I do feel more energetic but are my leg muscles sore!

I've decided I'm not trying for the no sugar points this week. I've been doing really well with my diet & eating but some of my go to foods do have sugar as an ingredient, such as protein bars & frozen Greek yogurt bars. I just don't want to mess with my routine since it's working for me, if that makes sense. I am following the general theme by following a no ADDED sugar diet, along with no white flour, rice etc but I won't take the points.

• llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Bad news hubby convinced me to skip the gym good news he wanted to take a walk. Went for 2.5 miles took 45 minutes. There are still pockets of cold air so every so often i got a chill but otherwise felt great being outsdoors so much today
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    Yes. A great first day everyone! We rock! Well done. All posted except for Marji2busy. Haven't been able to hook up with her yet. Excellent start!!!

I just got a message from Marij2busy and she said she had to leave the group.

Oh. OK. I'll make sure Melodie is aware. Thanks!
  • leannev68
    Options
    lsabeIIe wrote: »
    I feel exhausted today...
    But the good thing about challenges is that normally I would rest all day, but today, I will still do the arm challenge and my strength workout because I love you guys ! :heart: GO TEAM 1

All you gals and your great attitudes make leading this team a breeze! You are all superstars!!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Just got home after a full day of teaching and then a 3 hour meeting. Would love to just collapse on the couch but need to squeeze in some zumba time to keep my activity minutes up! Love what this race does to me!!!! Thank you so much to a wonderful team I don't want to let down and to Melodie for organizing this!!!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Just got home after a full day of teaching and then a 3 hour meeting. Would love to just collapse on the couch but need to squeeze in some zumba time to keep my activity minutes up! Love what this race does to me!!!! Thank you so much to a wonderful team I don't want to let down and to Melodie for organizing this!!!

Well you are doing such a great job as our leader!
    I say it again, we are one amazing team!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    I read these most recent posts as I am getting ready to go to bed and cannot express how happy I am that I stumbled across this challenge and grateful for being placed on this team! We have an amazing team and I truly hope it helps us all achieve the most we can out of this challenge. Team 1 IS Team Awesome!! Good night all and I will keep these happy thoughts as my motivation to pull my butt out of bed in the morning to go log some more minutes!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Thanks Isabelle! Amazing we are! In it to win it!!!!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    I read these most recent posts as I am getting ready to go to bed and cannot express how happy I am that I stumbled across this challenge and grateful for being placed on this team! We have an amazing team and I truly hope it helps us all achieve the most we can out of this challenge. Team 1 IS Team Awesome!! Good night all and I will keep these happy thoughts as my motivation to pull my butt out of bed in the morning to go log some more minutes!

Something about going through this together really makes a difference doesn't it ? We are so lucky!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I could not sleep - normal occurrence but instead of putting on a tv show and curling up trying to get more sleep and knowing I was getting my favorite Greek food for dinner I went to the pool did the 1 hour water aerobics class and then changed and went to the gym and ran a mile and did 18 minutes on the bike. Also in keeping with the challenge instead of eating the white pita that comes with it (200 cals and lots of fat) I bought wheat pockets at 90 calories and 1 g of fat. Only used 1 tsp of cucumber yogurt sauce and put on more tomatoes and cucumbers. I am very satisfied. I also am doing the arm challenge and squat challenge now that I am home from work. Long day.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    I could not sleep - normal occurrence but instead of putting on a tv show and curling up trying to get more sleep and knowing I was getting my favorite Greek food for dinner I went to the pool did the 1 hour water aerobics class and then changed and went to the gym and ran a mile and did 18 minutes on the bike. Also in keeping with the challenge instead of eating the white pita that comes with it (200 cals and lots of fat) I bought wheat pockets at 90 calories and 1 g of fat. Only used 1 tsp of cucumber yogurt sauce and put on more tomatoes and cucumbers. I am very satisfied. I also am doing the arm challenge and squat challenge now that I am home from work. Long day.

Yeah!! Congrats to you! Feels good to make these choices (especially once you are done). Good job.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Well, I am bracing myself for the hard morning ahead. Like Rose, I have someone having a birthday in my office today and we always have some kind of cake, etc. However, I have made up my mind that I am going to be strong because my team is strong and I will resist that temptation. I have pledged to you all and expect you to hold me accountable later this morning or definitely by lunch time (should be happening around 9:30 CST). The hard part is that since we are such a small office, we all gather in the kitchen and have to socialize while this is going on. My plan of attack is to already have eaten breakfast and either be eating a piece of fruit or a Greek yogurt while I am in there. Wish me luck!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Well, I am bracing myself for the hard morning ahead. Like Rose, I have someone having a birthday in my office today and we always have some kind of cake, etc. However, I have made up my mind that I am going to be strong because my team is strong and I will resist that temptation. I have pledged to you all and expect you to hold me accountable later this morning or definitely by lunch time (should be happening around 9:30 CST). The hard part is that since we are such a small office, we all gather in the kitchen and have to socialize while this is going on. My plan of attack is to already have eaten breakfast and either be eating a piece of fruit or a Greek yogurt while I am in there. Wish me luck!!

You can do this! For yourself and for the team. Yesterday someone had made Chocloate Mess in a slow cooker in our staff room. Everyone was eating it with ice cream. It is absolutely delicious but I thought of you gals and resisted. Very difficult to do. But this challenge can work miracles! We're behind you all the way!
  • leannev68
    Options
    @gawworthington Wow! I got exhausted just reading about your activity. Fantastic! Feels good doesn't it? I'm really enjoying the Greek food this week too! My mini Costco hummus packs are coming in handy!