TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Personally I love all of these challenges! I already avoid white sugars so that's done, and I've already friended, or attempted to friend everyone on our team. (still waiting for friend acceptance from marji2busy and berylw49). So that's done. Posting 5 times on our thread this week should not be a problem and I plan on messaging many members regularly anyway, as team leader, so there's easy points there! And Greek food is my ultimate favourite so that is a real treat! Just need to check out that dance and arm challenge and I've got this cased! Bring it on!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Just got a message we have a late joiner to our team! Please welcome lcolpo!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Hey! Just looked at the arm challenge and I'm already doing these in the morning workout videos I do everyday! Check! Done!
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to get the this challenge started! I bought the big container of Greek olives that my daughter & I were eyeing at Costco last week, now just need some feta cheese. I love the recipes on the Skinnytaste site so I entered "Greek" in their search & so many great options came up. I plan to make the Greek turkey burgers that have shredded zucchini & feta cheese added! Yum!
  • leannev68
    Options
    I'm excited to get the this challenge started! I bought the big container of Greek olives that my daughter & I were eyeing at Costco last week, now just need some feta cheese. I love the recipes on the Skinnytaste site so I entered "Greek" in their search & so many great options came up. I plan to make the Greek turkey burgers that have shredded zucchini & feta cheese added! Yum!

Great tip! I love Skinnytaste! Will definitely check out their Greek recipes! Yum!

Just did the Mamma Mia dance. Fun and easy! Will do it again tomorrow so it counts for next week !
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    Personally I love all of these challenges! I already avoid white sugars so that's done, and I've already friended, or attempted to friend everyone on our team. (still waiting for friend acceptance from marji2busy and berylw49). So that's done. Posting 5 times on our thread this week should not be a problem and I plan on messaging many members regularly anyway, as team leader, so there's easy points there! And Greek food is my ultimate favourite so that is a real treat! Just need to check out that dance and arm challenge and I've got this cased! Bring it on!

I totally agree with you Leanne! I too love all the chalenges and most of them are easy points.
    I also do over 40 minutes exercises most days but I usually take one or two rest days.

I'm glad my "summary" was helpful to some of you, writing it down helped me to figure it out better.

I'm happy this all starts tomorrow ! YAY! :mrgreen:
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options

I love the website Skinnytaste. I have been looking up greek recipes and I didn't even think about looking on Skinnytaste. So glad you mentioned it.

• lcolpo
    lcolpo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Lindy and I live in Portland, Oregon. I am a nurse and 4 months ago started a job as a resident care manager in a LT care facility. This means lots of sitting in front of a computer. Before that I was a nurse educator. I have a 17 year old son (just!), and a 14 year old daughter - both wonderful kids. I was very active on this site 5 years ago and lost 40 pounds, but now starting over. It's wonderful knowing that we are all here supporting each other!
  • leannev68
    Options
    lcolpo wrote: »
    Hi all! My name is Lindy and I live in Portland, Oregon. I am a nurse and 4 months ago started a job as a resident care manager in a LT care facility. This means lots of sitting in front of a computer. Before that I was a nurse educator. I have a 17 year old son (just!), and a 14 year old daughter - both wonderful kids. I was very active on this site 5 years ago and lost 40 pounds, but now starting over. It's wonderful knowing that we are all here supporting each other!

Hi Lindy! Nice to meet you! Thanks for posting!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    lcolpo wrote: »

Welcome Lindy
  • leannev68
    Options
    FYI, Cheryl's username was misspelled in our original team roster, it's berylw49 (the w was missing ) in case you're trying to friend her.
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    It is amazing on how many of use like Greek food. I love it too. I was at the Culinary school that my husband attended at their restaurant which is only open for lunch three days a week and it was Mediterranean week - I had the lamb dish and it was amazing. I also bought kalmata olives from Costco- I finished my jar last night.
    I will bring home my favorite Greek salad for dinner on Weds. it is delicious and the best tatzhki sauce I have tasted and I try to go to greek restaurants when I travel. Luckily the restaurant is 40 mins away so I can't have it everyday but as a treat.
  • lsabeIIe
    Options

Hey! Olena and Leanne, you MUST do the Roadblock 1 dance. The song is in french! :wink:

Tu m'as poussée à bout
    Est-ce que tu t'en souviens?
    J'ai compris après coup
    Qu'avait sonné la fin

Regarde-moi
    J'ai appris mon rôle
    Dis-moi pourquoi
    Tout à coup je perds le contrôle
    Et je brûle dès que tu me frôles

D'un regard tu me traînes jusqu'à l'église
    Un regard et toute entière je me brise

Oh, oh, oh, oh
    Mamma Mia! C'est la même rengaine
    Non, non, je n'peux pas résister
    Mamma Mia! Toute bataille est vaine
    Non, non, je n'peux pas t'oublier

Oui, ça m'a brisé le coeur
    Toutes tes envies d'ailleurs
    Oh non, je t'ai laissé t'en aller
    Mamma Mia! Aujourd'hui je sais
    Non, non, j'aurais dû t'apprivoiser

• leannev68
    Options
    lsabeIIe wrote: »
    Hey! Olena and Leanne, you MUST do the Roadblock 1 dance. The song is in french! :wink:

Tu m'as poussée à bout
    Est-ce que tu t'en souviens?
    J'ai compris après coup
    Qu'avait sonné la fin

Regarde-moi
    J'ai appris mon rôle
    Dis-moi pourquoi
    Tout à coup je perds le contrôle
    Et je brûle dès que tu me frôles

D'un regard tu me traînes jusqu'à l'église
    Un regard et toute entière je me brise

Oh, oh, oh, oh
    Mamma Mia! C'est la même rengaine
    Non, non, je n'peux pas résister
    Mamma Mia! Toute bataille est vaine
    Non, non, je n'peux pas t'oublier

Oui, ça m'a brisé le coeur
    Toutes tes envies d'ailleurs
    Oh non, je t'ai laissé t'en aller
    Mamma Mia! Aujourd'hui je sais
    Non, non, j'aurais dû t'apprivoiser

C'est amusant! Je n'avait pas remarque ca!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Ok ladies! This is it! Tomorrow is the big day! (At least in my time zone that is). Looking forward to seeing those minutes of activity being posted on the spreadsheet. If anyone is having difficulties with the spreadsheet let me know and I'll enter your numbers for you if necessary.
    I'm not on line during the day at work so I may not see your messages until I get home but I will check.
    Happy Amazing Race Eve everyone'
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team 1! Are we ready to rock this week's challenge?! Kicking it off by posting here after completing about 30 minutes of exercise this morning which included today's squats and one of the arm challenges. Not sure if I am going to try the dumbbell challenge or not. There are multiple items on there that I don't even know what they are. Lol. Hope everyone has an amazing day!!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Good Morning from North Idaho- I encourage all the members of this team to make many goals- it will take it in small parts it is not as overwhelming.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm already overwhelmed. I don't know where to post anything fitness related, and the roadblocks (whatever they are), and plethora of challenges which are posted all over the place and hard to follow, are confusing. There's so much going on... I kind of feel frozen with fear at this point. But you know, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and let it sort itself out :smile:
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    @RoseTheWarrior- There is a lot to do & keep track of this week! I had to make a list which I posted on my bedroom wall & also on my phone in reminders to keep it all straight. Isabelle broke it all down for us on a previous post & if I knew how to repost I would add it here.
    Bottom line is try to take it step by step & don't get discouraged if you can't get to it all. Try to keep track of your activity times & post them on the spreadsheet. You seem to have such a positive outlook that I'm sure you'll do fine, you've already been posting encouragement to others so you've got that done!!
  • lsabeIIe
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lsabeIIe wrote: »
    Ok, so I'm trying to recap.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Let say I would like to make all the points possible for this week I would have to:

1-Do the dance Roadblock 1 = 10 pts
    2-Eat someting greek at least 5 days = 10 pts (2pts for each days I eat someting greek)
    3-Avoid eating white sugars, white breads and white flours the whole week = 5 pts extra
    4- Friend everybody on my team, write encouragement to them at least 5 times and post in this thread also 5 times= 10 pts (2pts each day I do it)
    5- Do the arm challenge everyday of this week = 10 pts
    6- Login my exercises everyday = :grey_question:

Here it is!
    I'm not worry about you Rose! You'll get it done! :)

It helped me to go on the spread sheet under the "TEAM 1 AMAZING RACE" tab, it help breaking things down.

Yesterday, I made myself some greek-yogurt-smoothie-popsicles-refine-sugar-free, so I'm gonna have a little "greek" treat for the week! :blush: