TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    The race doesn't start until the 7th. They'll have pages for each team by then.

Well that makes sense! Thanks!
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Rose and I'm 47, with two kids, 25 and 22, on their own. I'm married and DH and I have a 5 yr old Yorkie... our baby

I started this journey on Sep 1/15 and have lost 55 lbs so far with 45 left to go until I hit my first major goal.

I'm an accountant in public practice in British Columbia, Canada. I'm really busy at work but I'm commited to doing the Focus T25 program so I'm sure I can contribute to the team.

Yay! Rose is with us! What she forgot to tell us was how inspirational and supportive she is! If you friend Rose you will be blessed with invaluable daily quotes and she has a knack of saying exactly what you need to hear that day!
  • leannev68
    Options
    llmg970 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Laura I am from Massachusetts, marries and mother to one 21yo son in the army. I work in women's health as a nurse. I have been on MFP for several years, my total weight loss is 13 lbs but I recently had surgery which set me backwards a few pounds.
    I usually work out several times a week either at home or at the gym. Hopefully with nicer weather I will also be able to walk during my lunch hour .
    So let's go team #1

Hi Laura! So glad you've joined us. Nice to have some nurses on the team to keep us healthy!!! Thanks for posting!
  • leannev68
    Options
    farmerpam1 wrote: »
    Hi all, my name is Pam, live in Vermont and looks like I'm the old timer here, lol, 56 years old. Married with two teenage boys. I first joined MFP in summer 2014 and lost 30-ish pounds and have been yo-yoing the last 10 since. I'm looking to gain muscle and lose fat. I just discovered crossfit, love to bicycle, hike and weight lifting. I try to take one day off a week. I did a Hunger Games challenge last year and loved how it introduced me to new workouts. I'm looking forward to this challenge, let's do it![/quote

Hi Pam! Welcome to team 1! I'm also trying to tone more. I know it's under there once I chip away at my layer of fat! The Hunger Games challenge sounds interesting. Thanks for posting!
  • leannev68
    Options
    lulloa wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Lillian. I am originally from San Diego, CA but am currently living in Belgium due to my husbands job. I am 33 years old and at the moment we do not have any children. I have struggled with my weight for some time now. I am currently 168lbs and going below 160 has been a hard struggle. My goal for the end of the challenge is 159 but my ultimate weight goal is 135. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can build a strong support system and we can win this.

Hi Lillian! Nice to meet you. Wow, Belgium! Love how we can meet here from all over the world. Thanks for posting!
  • leannev68
    Options
    cygrad03 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! My name is Erin and I am 34 years old with 3 kids - 12 year old girl, 5 year old boy and 2 month old girl. I lost around 39 lbs last year and put about 20 lbs back on with my pregnancy. Looking to get back to what I was at plus some. Looking forward to this challenge!

Hi Erin! Nice to meet you. Very impressed you are ready and willing to take on this race with a new arrival in your home! I'm going to keep an eye on you. If you can keep up your activity level with such a busy household I can't make any excuses!! Thanks for posting!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Melissa from Tennessee. 32, wife, work full time as a pediatric nurse, mommy to 3 year old boy/girl twins :smiley: .

I have lost collectively 132ish lbs over the last 2.5 years. My original goal weight of 190 is where I have been maintaining for about 8 months now, little up, little down. But I haven't been able to kick it down to my new goal of 175.

Might all be in a my head as I have been struggling with exercise and the excess skin. Its a lot. I go for a consult soon to see what is doable and what I should wait on etc. Plus the financial burden of it all is weighing heavily on me.

Hi Melissa! Glad to have you on my team again. Wow! You have achieved so much over these last 2 1/2 years! So amazingly awesome! So glad we get to be a part of the next leg of your weight loss journey! I know we can learn a lot from your experience! Thanks for posting!
  • leannev68
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Im Brigitte, I was in the winter challenge and looking forward to this challenge too. I am 56 and need to lose about 15-20 pounds. I joined the gym a couple of months ago for strength training and hoping to have nice toned arms before the summer. Last Summer I lost 10 pounds and have kept it off. But then winter came and I have been bouncing back and forth from 135-140. Now that the weather is getting warmer I hope to finish my weight loss goal. I also want to be thinner then my sister in laws....yes there is a little vanity running through my veins. :)

Hi Brigitte! Welcome to the team. Nice to meet you. Love the challenge you've given yourself to beat your sister-in-law!! Fun! We all have those darn "naturally" skinny people in our lives don't we? Thanks for posting!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I am Gayle. I live in North Idaho and I grew up in San Diego. I spent 12 years in the Navy. I started losing weight April 21, 2015. I have lost 97lbs. I just reached under 200 on Feb 14th. I have been sick all of Feb just getting back to a new focus. I turn 52 on May 9th. I really enjoy the challenges. I am married and we have 4 kids (two each) all adults but my kids live near by and his live far away. I work as a Rehab teacher for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
  • leannev68
    Options
    I am Gayle. I live in North Idaho and I grew up in San Diego. I spent 12 years in the Navy. I started losing weight April 21, 2015. I have lost 97lbs. I just reached under 200 on Feb 14th. I have been sick all of Feb just getting back to a new focus. I turn 52 on May 9th. I really enjoy the challenges. I am married and we have 4 kids (two each) all adults but my kids live near by and his live far away. I work as a Rehab teacher for the Blind and Visually Impaired.

Hi Gayle! Great to be on your team again! What an amazing accomplishment you have already achieved! So awesome! Glad you are starting to feel better! Looking forward to watching more of your progress! Thanks for posting!
  • akitamother10
    akitamother10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Karrie. I'm 43 and the wife to a wonderful husband and a mother to the perfect most well loved 4-legged fur baby. She just turned 10 this year.
    Between chemo for 2 years......shoulder surgery and recovery for a year.....this medicine I'm on for my cancer.....and premenopause good GRIEF it's been a struggle to lose weight. That's why when this contest came up I'm hopped on. I'm not a competitive person but when I'm a part of a team I'm all over it. Let's run this baby like a well oiled machine!
    And I certainly hope to get into some of my clothes I haven't seen in a while. It'll be like a shopping excursion only no exchange of money!
  • Lykkelig_o
    Lykkelig_o Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Olena. I'm 33. I live in Kyiv, Ukraine and as I'm not a native speaker, my English may be sometimes strange. I'm single, no kids, but I have two dogs. They are a big joy, but unfortunately they don't let me sleep enough waking me at 6.00-7.00 even on weekends. This leads to my emotional eating and to gaining weight((.
    I'm a big fan of Zombies, Run app and I'm going to start running again when it gets warmer. I just need to figure out how to fit my running into my schedule since I am an evening runner and I have my French lessons three times a week in the evening and other evenings I do my homework, meet with friends, walk the dogs or just come back late from work. But I've signed up for the Color Run in June so I have a huge motivation)) Nice to meet you all, let's have amazing results in this challenge!))
  • khalley888
    khalley888 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello team. I am Kathleen, 29 year old pediatrician from CT. I joined MFP 4 years ago and have lost 10 lbs so far. I am about 9 lbs to goal then hoping to maintain. I participated in the winter challenge and lost 3 lbs, mostly glad that I didn't gain over the winter as I usually do. I am hoping this group helps to keep me accountable as a move towards goal.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Always good to "meet" another accountant :smiley: DH is a text shortcut meaning "Dear Husband" or "Darling Husband". What kind of dogs do you have?

I have a Basset Hound, Jack, and two miniature dachshunds, Frank and Paul. All three are getting old, so I am up multiple times throughout the night. But, I have recently been trying to make myself get up early and do a 20 minute workout and lift a little too in the morning in addition to normally going to the gym with coworkers over lunch. Here's to trying to keep that up throughout the challenge!!

You can do it! My DH wants a mini dachshund, but our Yorkie is too spoiled. No way he would share his toys and cuddles, so he's got to be an only dog :wink:

Keep in mind, we are very bad about training our dogs properly, but the mini dachshund's are our most misbehaving dogs we have ever had. They are still super lovable and have some amazing qualities, and the majority of it is probably lack of training and discipline, but my sister recently sent me a pic she saw on facebook that said basically...dachshund, German for little pain in the *kitten*. LOL
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Karrie. I'm 43 and the wife to a wonderful husband and a mother to the perfect most well loved 4-legged fur baby. She just turned 10 this year.
    Between chemo for 2 years......shoulder surgery and recovery for a year.....this medicine I'm on for my cancer.....and premenopause good GRIEF it's been a struggle to lose weight. That's why when this contest came up I'm hopped on. I'm not a competitive person but when I'm a part of a team I'm all over it. Let's run this baby like a well oiled machine!
    And I certainly hope to get into some of my clothes I haven't seen in a while. It'll be like a shopping excursion only no exchange of money!

Wow, you are going through so much. My heart goes out to you. I wish you all the best.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    Keep in mind, we are very bad about training our dogs properly, but the mini dachshund's are our most misbehaving dogs we have ever had. They are still super lovable and have some amazing qualities, and the majority of it is probably lack of training and discipline, but my sister recently sent me a pic she saw on facebook that said basically...dachshund, German for little pain in the *kitten*. LOL

LOL so that's what dachshund means!! I'm so lucky in two ways. First, our Yorkie ("Oz") just has a super (submissive) personality, and second, that my hubby is a great Alpha. He's trained Oz to sit, stay, lie down, shake a paw, and speak! Oz is a bit too good. Everyone threatens to steal him LOL!!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    It's such fun to hear from everybody!
    I'm super pumped up with this challenge! :D I've done challenges before but never was part of a team. I think this is a wonderful way to keep you accountable!
    Can't wait for that race to start ! :smiley:
    Lykkelig_o wrote: »
    I have my French lessons three times a week

Tu peux pratiquer avec moi si tu veux! Le français est ma langue maternelle. :)
  • Lykkelig_o
    Lykkelig_o Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    lsabeIIe wrote: »

Tu peux pratiquer avec moi si tu veux! Le français est ma langue maternelle. :)

Merci beaucoup! I would love to! You may address me in French if you wish and I'll try to answer :) Feel free to correct me please! But I warn you that I'm A1 student, so I'm not fluent at all yet :D
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Little victory...coworker was going around asking people to go to lunch. Old Lesley would have caved in a heartbeat! New Lesley knew she was already committed to going to the gym with other coworkers. Thank goodness for gym buddies at work!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    Little victory...coworker was going around asking people to go to lunch. Old Lesley would have caved in a heartbeat! New Lesley knew she was already committed to going to the gym with other coworkers. Thank goodness for gym buddies at work!!

Well done! Love these kinds of NSVs :smiley: