TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• berylw49
    berylw49 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey Team 1! My name is Cheryl and I'm in New York City. I'm 36 and live with my boyfriend and our two cats. I've been on my current weight loss journey for about a year and a half and have stalled; I'm hoping this challenge gives me the extra push I need to keep going and lose that last 10-15 lbs.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Little victory...coworker was going around asking people to go to lunch. Old Lesley would have caved in a heartbeat! New Lesley knew she was already committed to going to the gym with other coworkers. Thank goodness for gym buddies at work!!

"Little victory", that's a BIG victory! Yay for you! :wink:
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Karrie. I'm 43 and the wife to a wonderful husband and a mother to the perfect most well loved 4-legged fur baby. She just turned 10 this year.
    Between chemo for 2 years......shoulder surgery and recovery for a year.....this medicine I'm on for my cancer.....and premenopause good GRIEF it's been a struggle to lose weight. That's why when this contest came up I'm hopped on. I'm not a competitive person but when I'm a part of a team I'm all over it. Let's run this baby like a well oiled machine!
    And I certainly hope to get into some of my clothes I haven't seen in a while. It'll be like a shopping excursion only no exchange of money!

Hi Karrie, nice to meet you! Love your attitude...it's a lesson for many of us I'm sure! Thanks for posting! Looking forward to achieving great things with all of you!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Lykkelig_o wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Olena. I'm 33. I live in Kyiv, Ukraine and as I'm not a native speaker, my English may be sometimes strange. I'm single, no kids, but I have two dogs. They are a big joy, but unfortunately they don't let me sleep enough waking me at 6.00-7.00 even on weekends. This leads to my emotional eating and to gaining weight((.
    I'm a big fan of Zombies, Run app and I'm going to start running again when it gets warmer. I just need to figure out how to fit my running into my schedule since I am an evening runner and I have my French lessons three times a week in the evening and other evenings I do my homework, meet with friends, walk the dogs or just come back late from work. But I've signed up for the Color Run in June so I have a huge motivation)) Nice to meet you all, let's have amazing results in this challenge!))

Hi Olena! Wow! The Ukraine! Love meeting people from around the world! (I've actually been to Kyiv but it was a long long time ago, about 30 yrs ago!). I'm a basic French teacher so I would love to practice my french too. I'm kind of stuck at a middle years level...à la prochaine...
  • leannev68
    Options
    khalley888 wrote: »
    Hello team. I am Kathleen, 29 year old pediatrician from CT. I joined MFP 4 years ago and have lost 10 lbs so far. I am about 9 lbs to goal then hoping to maintain. I participated in the winter challenge and lost 3 lbs, mostly glad that I didn't gain over the winter as I usually do. I am hoping this group helps to keep me accountable as a move towards goal.

Hi Kathleen! Glad we're on the same team again! Thanks for posting!
  • leannev68
    Options
    berylw49 wrote: »
    Hey Team 1! My name is Cheryl and I'm in New York City. I'm 36 and live with my boyfriend and our two cats. I've been on my current weight loss journey for about a year and a half and have stalled; I'm hoping this challenge gives me the extra push I need to keep going and lose that last 10-15 lbs.

Hi Cheryl! I'm working on those last bunch of lbs too. We can do this!!! Thanks for posting!
  • Lykkelig_o
    Lykkelig_o Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »

Hi Olena! Wow! The Ukraine! Love meeting people from around the world! (I've actually been to Kyiv but it was a long long time ago, about 30 yrs ago!). I'm a basic French teacher so I would love to practice my french too. I'm kind of stuck at a middle years level...à la prochaine...

Could I imagine that joining this team I would not just get my motivation, but practice French as well! :) that's amazing!
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello Team 1. I'm Connie, 54 & live in the Chicago area. I've been on MFP on & off for a few years now. I've lost the same 30 lbs a couple times, never quite made it to my goal before putting the weight back on. This time I'm taking it slow & steady, with the help of my team and this challenge I plan to succeed! I was on Leanne's team for the Winter Challenge & we had a good time with a lot of fun & interesting challenges. Seems like we have a strong, diverse & motivated team, I'm looking forward to another great experience!
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Week one challenge is posted. Looks like there's a lot to do so l think I need to keep a list & check it off daily! Part of the challenge is friending your team members so get ready for some friend requests!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm gonna need your help guys because I just saw the post for the week one challenge and I'm super confused. Right now, I'm off to the gym but I will come back later to ask for clarifications.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lsabeIIe wrote: »
    Ok, I'm gonna need your help guys because I just saw the post for the week one challenge and I'm super confused. Right now, I'm off to the gym but I will come back later to ask for clarifications.

I agree. Lol. And to think this is just the amazing race piece. I keep forgetting there is the original challenge too. How hard are those parts typically? This is my first time ever trying any challenge, let alone one with so many aspects. However, I am super motivated...can't wait for Monday!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ok guys I need help with friend requests. I can't figure how to search for you. Some of you have friended me already but I need to add the tea of the team
    Laura
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    c
    llmg970 wrote: »
    Ok guys I need help with friend requests. I can't figure how to search for you. Some of you have friended me already but I need to add the tea of the team
    Laura
    click their profile pic. IT will say message. Go ahead and click their user name again and it should ask you to message or friend.
    or go to friends tab and click the + you can add specific users that way too.
  • fitme2b
    fitme2b Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey team. My name is Jennifer and live in Michigan. I'm 30 yrs old with 3 boys that keep me going. I'm excited to be apart of a team doing this challenge for the first time. I'm on mfp trying yo meet people In the same boat to become more self confident and fit. Hope we can help each other out. Let's go team!!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I already sent everyone a friend request so that part is done. There is so much to do I think I need to write it all down and check it off as I go. :) Its beautiful outside so I am off to the track.
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ok, so I'm trying to recap.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Let say I would like to make all the points possible for this week I would have to:

1-Do the dance Roadblock 1 = 10 pts
    2-Eat someting greek at least 5 days = 10 pts (2pts for each days I eat someting greek)
    3-Avoid eating white sugars, white breads and white flours the whole week = 5 pts extra
    4- Friend everybody on my team, write encouragement to them at least 5 times and post in this thread also 5 times= 10 pts (2pts each day I do it)
    5- Do the arm challenge everyday of this week = 10 pts
    6- Login my exercises everyday = :grey_question:

I have a question for number 3. I always cook with whole wheat floor, eat whole grains, I never (or rarely) eat white bread or add refine sugar to what I eat. BUT I sometimes eat cakes (for example) that come from the groceries and are most probably made with white sugar and white floor, so what about that ?

Also, do we have to choose between Roadblock 1 and Roadblock 2 or if we do both it's it's 20 pts ?

And do I add the times from the arm challenge to my own exercises times?

Thank's in advance for your answers.

I'm so excited to start ! I can't wait ! :grin::D:smiley:

• leannev68
    Options
    Hello Team 1. I'm Connie, 54 & live in the Chicago area. I've been on MFP on & off for a few years now. I've lost the same 30 lbs a couple times, never quite made it to my goal before putting the weight back on. This time I'm taking it slow & steady, with the help of my team and this challenge I plan to succeed! I was on Leanne's team for the Winter Challenge & we had a good time with a lot of fun & interesting challenges. Seems like we have a strong, diverse & motivated team, I'm looking forward to another great experience!

Nice to have you back Connie! Thanks for posting!
    fitme2b wrote: »
    Hey team. My name is Jennifer and live in Michigan. I'm 30 yrs old with 3 boys that keep me going. I'm excited to be apart of a team doing this challenge for the first time. I'm on mfp trying yo meet people In the same boat to become more self confident and fit. Hope we can help each other out. Let's go team!!

Hi Jennifer! Nice to meet you! Welcome to our team ! Thanks for posting !
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Let say I would like to make all the points possible for this week I would have to:

2-Eat someting greek at least 5 days = 10 pts (2pts for each days I eat someting greek)
    3-Avoid eating white sugars, white breads and white flours the whole week = 5 pts extra
    4- Friend everybody on my team, write encouragement to them at least 5 times and post in this thread also 5 times= 10 pts (2pts each day I do it)

I have a question for number 3. I always cook with whole wheat floor, eat whole grains, I never (or rarely) eat white bread or add refine sugar to what I eat. BUT I sometimes eat cakes (for example) that come from the groceries and are most probably made with white sugar and white floor, so what about that ?

Also, do we have to choose between Roadblock 1 and Roadblock 2 or if we do both it's it's 20 pts ?

Cakes are probally sugar so if you refrain from them then you get the points. We are talking no refined sugars .
    For each road block it's 10 pts. Every challenge week you won't get the option but this week you do. So we have the opportunity to get a great start . Any thing you do arm exercises, dance, squats , gym time ect whatever you can use for your time.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options

Thanks for summing it up. You are awesome. I have a question regarding your #4. Do we need to write word of encouragement to every team member for 5 different days or just to one or another for 5 days? And does it have to be a comment on their status, i.e. logging exercise or a weight loss update?

Also, I think we have 18 members on our team. This comes down to each member logging 271.22 minutes (or is it miles per the spreadsheet) for the week. Somewhere I saw that each team member has to do 10% but that would be 488.2 minutes/miles. I'm assuming this doesn't work due to the number of members per team. Do we need to clarify or should there be some new minimum that is set. (For example, a 5% minimum would be 244.1 minutes/miles.)

Finally, for our team, should we have a point in the week where we tabulate our activity to make sure we are on track? This may already be something that is done in these challenges, this is just my first time, so I am clueless!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Okay, many of you have posted some great questions. This first week is chock full of challenges which makes for great variety and a chance to rack up lots of points as well as keep us in good shape! However, having so many options does make it a little confusing.
    Thank you to Isabelle for summarizing the challenges for us!

Looking at the spreadsheet, I suggest you indicate on there, when you have completed each option by inputting a yes under each one. All are optional so don't feel pressured. But if each of us completes at least 1 roadblock I believe our team gets extra points.

From my experience in the last challenge, how you interpret each roadblock/detour can be fairly open to a certain extent.

The Greek food challenge, for example, just has to be Greek related, any variety of dishes/ingredients is good. Yes, some can be repeated.

The posting to team members, I believe, just needs to send a total of 5 encouraging comments to members wall or private message. And then post to our discussion thread on 5 separate days for more points.

It's the honour system here, but it is fun to read on our thread who's done what if you want to share, especially if you've enjoyed a great recipe!

As far as our minutes of exercise, there will be some who go way over the average needed and those who will not be able to do the daily minimum. With Lesley's calculations, it looks like everyone would need to average around 40 minutes a day. Very do-able for many I would say!

I aim to do at least 100 minutes a day so that might help ease off any pressure if you're worried, but of course you will see more personal success if you aim to be more active!