TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Good morning to the most fabulous team there could ever be! So excited for weigh in today. Set my goal for the challenge at 2 pounds per week but was a little discouraged when I checked what my recent average had been and it was 1.5 a week. I am happy to report that for the first weeks weigh in, I am 2.2 pounds down. Super excited!!

I had made a post elsewhere trying to see if I had to count one teeny tiny little mint I ate without thinking about sugar as a fail for the day...however, I have decided that it should count as a fail even if it was inadvertent. I'm sure that's the purpose of this piece of the challenge. Lol. So, I'm going to pick myself up, dust myself off, and try again today.

Love reading success stories! That's terrific! What a great start! And yes we are a fabulous team!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yep ! I'm also really happy to be part of team one !

While scrolling my newsfeed this morning I saw some awesome loss from so many of you!
    BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!

As for me, well, my weight stayed the same. I'm at a point where I have less than 10 lbs to lose, I'm not even sure how much more I want to lose so, I'm not that bothered with the scale. I'm more focus on building strength and muscles, glutes and hips especialy since my upper body is bigger than my lower body, I'm working on trying to create some kind of "balance". The fat I would like to lose is mostly in my upper arms but I know I can't control where the fat comes off.

Anyway, I hope I wont set back the team for the "weight loss" part of the challenge. I still want to lose body fat, but the scale doesn't always reflect that part very well. I know I wont drop many pounds but I will do my best!

Have a nice day team 1 and again a big congrats on all your loss ! :grin:
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    So the part about trying the no sugar thing today...failed again!! I have been doing this dish I call "egg bake" but it is basically mostly egg beaters that I mix in onions, green peppers, mushrooms, spinach, and some lunch meat and then bake it in the oven. I normally eat it with turkey sausage which shows 0 grams sugars. So this morning after I had started heating it up (Mind was already determined that was what I was eating. LOL) I decided to look at the ingredient list, and SUGAR!! Why do they have to sneak these things in there?! I am doomed because I am huge on processed food. I will try again tomorrow...one of these days, I am going to be able to earn 2 points on the nutritional challenge...I am determined!!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I did the dance today. When I was younger I think I was a pretty good dancer (at least in my head I was), but something happened. I feel like that farmer boy on footloose that Kevin Bacon was trying to teach to dance. I am so glad we didn't have to tape ourselves doing it :). The good thing is I love the song and will be singing it for the rest of the day :) I hope everyone is having a great day!
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    So technically I had a lot of exercise yesterday. My twins turned 3 :smiley: So we had a long fun filled day of stuff. BUT I didn't log anything. Was just an enjoy life day.

I had my consult for the multiple cosmetic procedures I need done yesterday as well. Could start the process soon so that's exciting and overwhelming
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    lsabeIIe wrote: »
    So for Greek food, does Greek yogurt count?

Pretty sure I read somewhere Melodie (Mallowbar) saying that greek yogurt count.

Melodie said she was pretty lenient including things like grapes and spinach as Greek food. Also you could repeat the items for any of the days
  • llmg970
    Options
    I can't believe how many miles we did on day one. Keep up all the hard work
  • llmg970
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    Friends with everyone, except I am still waiting to hear from Jazzypdx, Marji2busy and lcolpo!

I am waiting on 3- khalley888, marj2busy and berylw49. I just sent to beryl, I saw her name was spelled wrong.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Friends with everyone now except lcolpol & Marji2busy. Will we still get the points if we tried to be friends with everyone?
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    llmg970 wrote: »
    lsabeIIe wrote: »
    So for Greek food, does Greek yogurt count?

Pretty sure I read somewhere Melodie (Mallowbar) saying that greek yogurt count.

Melodie said she was pretty lenient including things like grapes and spinach as Greek food. Also you could repeat the items for any of the days

Good to know! I usually eat Greek yogurt and spinach daily :smiley:
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Glad to see how motivated we all are this week! I made the Skinnytaste "naked turkey feta zucchini burgers" & they turned out great. Served them on a bed of fresh spinach which just added to the Greek theme.

I'm participating in two Fitbit challenges this week which are getting me to be more active. It's been a real eye opener seeing how much more active I need to be to keep up & be competitive with others! Activity & exercise have always been my weak spot when trying to lose weight.

@bm1409-I think as long as we sent out the friend requests it should count. I haven't tried the dance yet but I like your Footloose comparison! Lol

• jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Tammy, live in the suburbs of Portland OR, two sons, 36 and 34, 4 grandkids 17, 14, 14 and 12. Single with just my cranky cat to deal with work Full-time swing shift, plus a Part Time Tax season job. Trying to get healthier in general and shape & time for a Hawaii trip in May. I have a few health issues, dead thyroid, back surgery for chipped disk, ruptured Achilles tendon a few years ago Etc, Wanting to drop back tomy old self before the ankle injury, 140-145, hoping to hit 155 before Hawaii...what else? Breaks over back to work! Good luck everyone :smile: ~ jazzypdx
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear from you Tammy! I'm sure you will look great in Hawaii !
    Best of luck!
  • leannev68
    Options
    jazzypdx wrote: »
    Hi All! Tammy, live in the suburbs of Portland OR, two sons, 36 and 34, 4 grandkids 17, 14, 14 and 12. Single with just my cranky cat to deal with work Full-time swing shift, plus a Part Time Tax season job. Trying to get healthier in general and shape & time for a Hawaii trip in May. I have a few health issues, dead thyroid, back surgery for chipped disk, ruptured Achilles tendon a few years ago Etc, Wanting to drop back tomy old self before the ankle injury, 140-145, hoping to hit 155 before Hawaii...what else? Breaks over back to work! Good luck everyone :smile: ~ jazzypdx

Welcome Tammy! Nice to meet you! I know you will enjoy Hawaii! How nice to have something like that to look forward to and to work towards. Thanks for posting!
  • leannev68
    Options
    Yes. A great first day everyone! We rock! Well done. All posted except for Marji2busy. Haven't been able to hook up with her yet. Excellent start!!!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this evening at my public health prevention of diabetes class - so normal clothes and after food today and I weighed 199. I am usually higher on those weigh ins then first thing in the am in my Pjs. Today it was the same
  • leannev68
    Options
    I weighed in this evening at my public health prevention of diabetes class - so normal clothes and after food today and I weighed 199. I am usually higher on those weigh ins then first thing in the am in my Pjs. Today it was the same

Good news!

• lbenson2006
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    Yes. A great first day everyone! We rock! Well done. All posted except for Marji2busy. Haven't been able to hook up with her yet. Excellent start!!!

If she ends up being a no show, I saw there was finally one person that signed up on the waiting list thread. I was quite surprised that that's the only one so far with as popular that this became.
  • lbenson2006
    Options

Yeah!!! That is so awesome. It is things like this that can help keep our brain motivated and keep us going in the right direction. It's hard to stay motivated, but together we can!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Happy hump day everyone! Got it started with some elliptical and the squat and arm challenge. Hoping to get my gym workout in at lunch too. I might be taking a vacation day Friday which is making the days prior especially crazy but I am trying to not use that as an excuse to skip the gym like I would have in the past.