TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Last two days have been very difficult. This morning I still feel exhausted. I will do my best though.

At least, when I come in this thread I get a lot of pisitive vibe !

Thanks team for being awesome!

I can't wait to feel better!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Last night and tonight are long meeting nights. I wish everyone a very good weekend. Stay on point. We always have dinner before our meeting - did not have dessert had some chicken and green salad. Weighed today and lost 2 lbs so far...I did the arm challenge, squat challenge, Jillian shred and ball exercise youtube video.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sometimes my workplace is ... frustrating. This week we've had:
    • Bakery goods including chocolate scones with chocolate frosting and raspberry scones with white chocolate
    • Brownies which someone's spouse made
    • Cookies which someone's spouse made
    • And today, Krispy Kreme donuts

I have had NONE. But it's like this pretty much every week. You have to have iron will power around here.
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sometimes my workplace is ... frustrating. This week we've had:
    • Bakery goods including chocolate scones with chocolate frosting and raspberry scones with white chocolate
    • Brownies which someone's spouse made
    • Cookies which someone's spouse made
    • And today, Krispy Kreme donuts

I have had NONE. But it's like this pretty much every week. You have to have iron will power around here.

Wow, that would be so hard to resist! I give you a lot of credit for keeping your resolve & resisting those temptations! We're all cheering for you here on Team 1 so keep up the good work!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    OK - a tip on when someone brings food- imagine that they were made some where not very clean so you would not want them anyway. My favorite mantra- nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    LOL yeah. I'm usually not tempted because I want to reach my goal more than I want 10 seconds of tasty sugary things, but during TOM, it's more difficult. I'm usually feeling hungrier, and of course I'm craving something and am dealing with cramps, etc. It just boggles my mind that it's like this here ALL THE TIME. Someone suggested a treat cart so they wouldn't have to race to the lunch room to get the goodies. You should see the stampede when the email goes out LOL
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    lulloa wrote: »
    Wanted to share my proud moment. I ran 4.6 miles today. I'm slowly able to run longer distance.
    That is awesome. I wish I was a runner!

• RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    lsabeIIe wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Last two days have been very difficult. This morning I still feel exhausted. I will do my best though.

At least, when I come in this thread I get a lot of pisitive vibe !

Thanks team for being awesome!

I can't wait to feel better!

I hope you're feeling better soon :smile:
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    Wanted to share my proud moment. I ran 4.6 miles today. I'm slowly able to run longer distance.

Super run!
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great to see all the posts here today! Rose, you are to be commended for avoiding all those amazing treats at work. I know how difficult that can be. Isn't it great to have excuses to decline them because of your personal goals? I keep telling myself I'm doing it for the team!
    Gayle, great advice about imagining how the food was prepared. Love it! And I've often used that same mantra. It's so true! Congrats on the 2 lbs lost so far! I'm sure all of that activity you're doing is working it's magic!
    Pam, 11 hrs at the sugar house! And working in squats at the same time! We have a super-woman on our time!!
    Leslie, best wishes on your trip out of town. Great idea to track everything no matter what. Hope you manage to get your workouts in as you plan!
    Lillian, congrats on your running achievement! I've never been a runner but admire those that are willing and able to do it.
    Connie, the walks around the pond sound lovely! I am finally able to walk outside a bit due to warmer weather arriving sporadically around these parts. A pond would be lovely.
    Isabelle, I do hope you get your energy back soon and are feeling better! Here's good vibes being sent your way!
    We're having a super first week, team! Let's keep it up! I feel so fortunate to have you all on our team!!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Wow that's great. I have trouble getting to a quarter mile at a time but I keep trying
  • leannev68
    Options
    Just saw Melodie answer some questions we might have, in the spreadsheet thread. Thought I'd copy and paste it here:

hawkins410 wrote: »
    Hello @mallowbar!
    First, let me thank you so much for all your hard work on this!! There are a few questions floating around that I hope you will answer for us. :smile:

1. Traveling to Greece = As long as our team reaches Greece (fun first location!!), we get the total pts. (15?). And we get extra credit if our team does even more "miles" (?)

2. Roadblock #1 = 10 pts. (right?) Gosh, Mamma Mia was a blast! It even had my husband dancing!

3. Roadblock #2 = 10 pts, (2 pt./day). or max. of 14 pts. if done all 7 days?

4. Nutritional Challenge: 5 Bonus pts. (1 pt./day?)

5. Arm/Squat Challengs: 5 Bonus pts. (1 pt./day?) Time spent doing these can go toward the "miles"

6. Accountability Challenge: 10 pts. (2 pts/day x 5)

This Amazing Race has really gotten me out of my normal "couch potato" comfort zone and a lot more active and accountable! Thank you!
    Cheers,
    Clarice (aka: hawkins410 from Team 6 degrees of awesome)
    Answers to your questions. Yes and you get one point extra for every 10 percent over .
    2- yes I loved doing it so glad you and husband did too.
    3- if you want to do 7 days cool but max is 10 pts
    4- yes max of five pts
    5 - yes
    6- yep
    We won't have all these extra credit every week but hope all took advantage who wanted to get ahead .
  • leannev68
    Options
    Just glanced at the spreadsheet and our team's results so far. We are definitely rocking this race!!! Even with a couple members who haven't posted for each day yet, we are so on track! Way to go team 1! Most of us have done roadblock one (the dance). I encourage everyone to try it. It doesn't take long, it's lots of fun and I believe if we all do the roadblock there might be extra credit somewhere.
    We are also looking good for those extra points for going over the miles challenge with our activity minutes. Yay!!! Clearly there is no end to our "awesomeness"! :)
  • khalley888
    khalley888 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow. Keep up the great work! Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the discussion board. My boyfriend of a year broke up with me out of the blue this week so I've lost a lot of my focus. Hoping to get back on track this weekend with exercise, if nothing else to distract me and keep me busy. Get ready for more exercise minutes from me!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    khalley888 wrote: »
    Wow. Keep up the great work! Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the discussion board. My boyfriend of a year broke up with me out of the blue this week so I've lost a lot of my focus. Hoping to get back on track this weekend with exercise, if nothing else to distract me and keep me busy. Get ready for more exercise minutes from me!

Oh no! So sorry to hear that. I can understand feeling unfocused. I know nothing I say is going to help, but sending hugs and good thoughts your way {{{{{hugs}}}}}.
  • leannev68
    Options
    Oh, Kathleen, this is where being a virtual team really bites. This is where I want to say, ok you gals, let's get together for a girl's nite out and support Kathleen! In any case, we're here for you and support you in any way we can. Focusing on this team and the challenges will hopefully be a healthy distraction. Stay strong!
  • leannev68
    Options
    On a more positive note, I see on the spreadsheet that we have already surpassed the required miles!!! So anything after this point will count towards the extra points! One point extra for every 10% we go over! I will be saying yes to every roadblock/other challenges etc., tomorrow! We've got this!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    khalley888- So sorry to hear your news. You're wise to let exercise be your focus, hoping you have some beautiful Spring weather to keep you distracted also. Sending you good thoughts.
    Ibenson-Hoping you have a fun weekend with your hubby, how cool is it that you packed your gym clothes in hopes of getting a workout in on vacation, you're already a winner with that attitude. :smile:
    lulloa-I wish I was a runner, you runners amaze me. Glad to hear it stopped raining in Belgium. Keep us posted from the other side of the globe!
    cjborkowski-what a lovely way to spend the afternoon, not only surrounded by such relaxing beauty, but with your daughter as well!
    Isabelle-Hope all is well, take all the time you need to let your body rest. It must be difficult for you to have downtime because you seem so active. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    gawworthingt-2 pounds!! Your focus is paying off, thanks for the inspiration!
    Rose- wow, sounds like a lot of unhealthy stuff laying around at work. And you must feel proud for making wise and educated food choices. You get an extra dose of temptation on a daily basis! Keep staying strong!
    bm104-Thanks for the yoga video, I tried it out. I'm a yoga noob, just bought a DVD to get me started. Hoping there's no tornados (!) coming your way.
    leannev68-thanks for being our leader! I didn't realize there was a space to log our roadblocks, I'll check that out and do it next. Oh, and thanks for being a teacher, one of the most important jobs out there, in my opinion.
    Looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend here, hope for all you as well. That's for you Portland gals also, hoped the rain has let up!
    Shine on team 1, slow and steady wins the race! :wink:
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the sugar challenge. I've been sugar free for the last 5 days, so that's earned the max 10 points, right? I'd really, really like to have a chocolate powerbar today, but don't want to blow it if more points are available. I can wait if I have to. Um, maybe. :blush:
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Good and not so good results. I'm pretty sure there was a fitness area at this hotel but I didn't check it out. Lol. I did make sure to do my arm and squat challenge though. Then for dinner we were ordering delivery...a very weak area for me. However, they had a gyro!! Decision made, because I needed another Greek day.