TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• Lykkelig_o
    Lykkelig_o Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Is there a max for the excercise minutes per day? For instance I walked 2.5 hours today and had 30 minutes of aerobics. Should I write total time or just aerobics?
  • berylw49
    berylw49 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    For exercise minutes, what are we counting? Actual deliberate exercise, or active minutes? I wear a Fitbit and do a lot of extra walking, so my active minutes are higher than actual time spent working out.

I can pull my weight for the team either way, just let me know!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help :smiley:
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having an awesome day. I went to the gym early and got my cardio and arm workout done. Lunch was just "OK" . I had a spinach salad with lemon juice and feta cheese. Tonight I need to find some greek recipes. I bought some greek yogurt today, but after reading the ingredients it has sugar in it, so I am not sure if it is ok to eat it or if it will cancel out the no sugar nutritional challenge??
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having an awesome day. I went to the gym early and got my cardio and arm workout done. Lunch was just "OK" . I had a spinach salad with lemon juice and feta cheese. Tonight I need to find some greek recipes. I bought some greek yogurt today, but after reading the ingredients it has sugar in it, so I am not sure if it is ok to eat it or if it will cancel out the no sugar nutritional challenge??

I've been buying Oikos Zero Vanilla Greek yogurt. It has no fat, no added sugar & no artificial sweeteners. I don't know how they do it but it's really good !!
  • bm1409
    Options
    Thanks cjborkowski, I will look for that brand tomorrow. I usually eat regular yogurt, I have never tried greek yogurt.
  • bm1409
    Options
    Friends with everyone, except I am still waiting to hear from Jazzypdx, Marji2busy and lcolpo!
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm already overwhelmed. I don't know where to post anything fitness related, and the roadblocks (whatever they are), and plethora of challenges which are posted all over the place and hard to follow, are confusing. There's so much going on... I kind of feel frozen with fear at this point. But you know, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and let it sort itself out :smile:

Rose, I totally understand. The choices are somewhat confusing. The advice given to you was dead on. Look at the summary posted earlier here and use the spreadsheet to record the minutes of exercise and if you've done any of the road blocks. If it helps you can tell us what you've done and we can determine together which roadblocks are completed if you want.
    This is more than the usual choices compared to the last challenge for sure. It's not intended for all to do every single one. Although people are free to do so. They just like to give a variety to appeal to everyone's unique interests and abilities.
    I know you already do a lot of these anyways so I don't think you have to worry!
    Relax and try not to make this seem like a second job!!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    berylw49 wrote: »
    For exercise minutes, what are we counting? Actual deliberate exercise, or active minutes? I wear a Fitbit and do a lot of extra walking, so my active minutes are higher than actual time spent working out.

I can pull my weight for the team either way, just let me know!

It's up to you. I personally only count deliberate exercise. The times when I set my Fitbit to keep track. I know that means a lot isn't counted but it works for me.
  • leannev68
    Options
    Good Morning from North Idaho- I encourage all the members of this team to make many goals- it will take it in small parts it is not as overwhelming.

Great advice!!!

• leannev68
    Options
    Lykkelig_o wrote: »
    Is there a max for the excercise minutes per day? For instance I walked 2.5 hours today and had 30 minutes of aerobics. Should I write total time or just aerobics?

Definitely no daily maximum for exercise. I post the total minutes of my deliberate exercise. I walk all day in my job and easily get 8 to 10 thousand steps just at work so I tend not to count those. I choose to count my regular exercise of stationary biking, workout videos and Zumba classes/video games.
    Today I did go outside during my noon hour to walk for fresh air and exercise so I may include that but it was only for 10 minutes.
  • leannev68
    Options
    FYI it's not required to post your progress in the threads for the sugar or the accountability challenges. (Too much additional posting for my liking). Just be sure to record your completion of it on the spreadsheet after you're done.
    Makes things simpler!!
  • leannev68
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    Friends with everyone, except I am still waiting to hear from Jazzypdx, Marji2busy and lcolpo!

I haven't heard from Marji2busy at all either.
    Also you should know that Cindalu1212 was mistakenly on two teams. She is not on our team anymore. I think she's on team 2. But I'm still cheering her on!! Good luck Lucinda! See you at the finish line !!!
  • lcolpo
    lcolpo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Kind of off to a slow start. Did get a little bit of exercise in. Had hoped to go walking at lunch - but didn't have a lunch! I've been very good staying off sugar AND wheat. I gave away the unhealthy snacks and candy in my desk drawer today. Only nuts and yogurt and fresh fruit now. I have to find a way to schedule time at the gym in between getting home in the evening and fixing dinner. By the time I finish all of that and a full day of working, I'm pooped! Start with the small goals, right? Take the dog for a walk - even if it is raining! - again. This is Portland, after all!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've been away last night, but did all the challenges for the day. And was able to do a crossfit class and some cycling. I really like the Greek food challenge, made me realize how much of a rut I'm in with my food. I bought olives, hummus and feta today. Another thing I realized was that my favorite energy bar has sugar in it! Hope you're all doing well, I'm going to check out the spreadsheet and add my info. I'm also a little overwhelmed and am having to write down everything on my calendar to keep things straight. I'm also doing a March biking challenge, so the time I cycle can be used here also, yay ! Good night team 1. :)
  • leannev68
    Options
    A great start so far ladies! Last I checked we have already accumulated over 650 workout minutes and that's only half of the team who has posted so far!!! Yay! Keep it up!! Let's have everyone post before tomorrow!
  • leannev68
    Options
    A reminder in case everyone did not get my warning at the start of all this: I will message you if you do not post your daily minutes on the spreadsheet by the following day. Not to be annoying; intended to keep you accountable to yourself and your team. Because TEAM #1 is AWESOME!!!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    So for Greek food, does Greek yogurt count?
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    So for Greek food, does Greek yogurt count?

Pretty sure I read somewhere Melodie (Mallowbar) saying that greek yogurt count.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Good morning to the most fabulous team there could ever be! So excited for weigh in today. Set my goal for the challenge at 2 pounds per week but was a little discouraged when I checked what my recent average had been and it was 1.5 a week. I am happy to report that for the first weeks weigh in, I am 2.2 pounds down. Super excited!!

I had made a post elsewhere trying to see if I had to count one teeny tiny little mint I ate without thinking about sugar as a fail for the day...however, I have decided that it should count as a fail even if it was inadvertent. I'm sure that's the purpose of this piece of the challenge. Lol. So, I'm going to pick myself up, dust myself off, and try again today.