Team 4

Options

Replies

• zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm also from team 10. Doesn't do so well on exercise minutes last week, so I may need some encouragement there.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this team.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Mauli, don't ever apologize! We all do the best that we can, when we can. I am sorry that you had to attend a funeral. So, not a rest day but a personal day. You sure made up for it the rest of the week! Your authentic Indian dish sounds delicious, by the way!

Thank you Lisa for kind words and support.
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello all! Former team 10 here and very excited to join you! The las two weeks I didn't do a great job with my diet, I worked out hard many times, but I've just been disconnected. This week I'm recommitting and starting fresh. Starting a new round of the 30 day shred, which is done & done for today, and I'm gonna keep this going! My name is Thais, and I look forward to finishing this challenge strong with you all.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Hello, Zerlinna and Thais. Thank you for stopping by to say "hello". I haven't been doing great in the exercise department either, Zerlinna, so maybe we can encourage each other! Yes, today is Monday and a great day to recommit to your diet, Thais. Kudos for doing the 30 day shred. Setting aside time each day to do this will definitely get you into an exercise groove!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I didn't know what to do for exercise today. I ran yesterday, so I was just going to walk today. I didn't feel like going to the gym; I was just going to head outside. But at that moment the sky was black. So, not wanting to get caught in a down pour, I came back in and just did the yoga video instead.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Just popping in quickly. No exercise for me today but will catch up tommorow.
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    The Indian food didn't happen today. I did start the lentil curry in the crock pot but when I opened to fridge to make the side I saw the leftover cabbage from last week. Can't let that spoil and also it was a hungry day where I want to eat and to really stuff myself full.
    tgfjazhcwoh2.jpg
    That sort of day calls for Spicy African Stew. That's the name it was given in the cookbook but it's not a stew and I highly doubt it's African either. However, it's tasty and that huge plate of food is 184 calories.

It's red, yellow, green, orange, white, purple... wait wrong week. Spices are Turmeric and cayenne and black pepper. It also uses fresh garlic, ginger, and serrano pepper. There is no salt at all and the 79 milligrams is naturally occurring in the carrots and other vegetables.

• lexy4774
    lexy4774 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I read a post about people MIA and i am probably one of them, I have been entering in my time however usually late. I haven't received any messages though. I probably wont post much as i am not a computer person but will try harder to make sure my presence is known, just be sure i am still excerising and trying hard, have my daughters wedding in 4 months and bought my dress a size smaller so i can't give up yet!!
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone and how exciting to have new team members. I love all the energy.

I love Indian food....and that "African Spicy Stew" looks really good. :)

Here's to a new week and a new team!!!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    TangledThread, that "stew" does look good, but I agree...it doesn't look like a stew.

Lexy! Glad to hear you are still with us. I kind of thought so, that's why I put you on the spreadsheet. A wedding in four months and a dress to fit into....that is definitely motivation!!! It is weird about the messages. You should have at least three in your in box. There are others on the team, too, that according to my "sent messages" haven't even read their messages either. It must be a technical glitch. That is why I put messages on the news feed as well. Maybe I should ask tech support about this?

Melanie, congratulations on the weight loss this week! 2 lbs!!! Yes, Team Wild Flowers, it is weigh-in day! How did you do this week?
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Former team 10 member here. I've been doing pretty well with exercise the past week but nearly chucked the scale out the window this morning. I gained 4 lbs between yesterday and today. I feel so frustrated! Oh well... I'll do better next time. Sorry to start off on such a bad note. I recently started a c25K program last week however the weather is not cooperating. Day 1 rain (which I decided to run in anyway and started sneezing the next morning...not doing that again). Day 2 20 degrees F outside, day 3 rain, but went running after work. Day 4 rain this morning. Hopefully it's clear this afternoon when I get home before class starts. I had beem eating a cajun inspired pasta dish so I think I have the new seasoning squared away.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Welcome! Thanks for stopping by to say "hello". You know you "really" didn't gain 4 pounds between yesterday and today, so just be patient. Believe me, I know the feeling! I am also doing a C25K type program, only on the treadmill. No rain in the forecast for me, or snow. We had snow on the weekend!! In this part of the world, (southern Ontario), April has been our snowiest month, and it's not even a winter month!
  • TangledThread
    Options
    lexy4774 wrote: »
    Hi there, I read a post about people MIA and i am probably one of them, I have been entering in my time however usually late. I haven't received any messages though. I probably wont post much as i am not a computer person but will try harder to make sure my presence is known, just be sure i am still excerising and trying hard, have my daughters wedding in 4 months and bought my dress a size smaller so i can't give up yet!!

A wedding is exciting. A dress size is a lot of pressure for sure but you can do it.
  • TangledThread
    Options
    Hi All! Former team 10 member here. I've been doing pretty well with exercise the past week but nearly chucked the scale out the window this morning. I gained 4 lbs between yesterday and today. I feel so frustrated! Oh well... I'll do better next time. Sorry to start off on such a bad note. I recently started a c25K program last week however the weather is not cooperating. Day 1 rain (which I decided to run in anyway and started sneezing the next morning...not doing that again). Day 2 20 degrees F outside, day 3 rain, but went running after work. Day 4 rain this morning. Hopefully it's clear this afternoon when I get home before class starts. I had beem eating a cajun inspired pasta dish so I think I have the new seasoning squared away.

Sucks that it happened today but you didn't gain 4lbs overnight. Give it a few days and it will gone and if you stay on goal more could go with it.

I'm always up on Monday and Tuesday (and even Wednesday) because my weekends are sodium heavy. I rarely go over but the salt makes me puff up like water filled balloon. I have Thursday as my official weigh in day for that reason.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options

Sucks that it happened today but you didn't gain 4lbs overnight. Give it a few days and it will gone and if you stay on goal more could go with it.

I'm always up on Monday and Tuesday (and even Wednesday) because my weekends are sodium heavy. I rarely go over but the salt makes me puff up like water filled balloon. I have Thursday as my official weigh in day for that reason.

My body loves sodium but I found really drinking up your water and a secret I learned from the doctor show. Drink coconut water the next day after a sodium high meal . This works for me every time . It uses science. It's loaded with pottasium ( even more than bananas ) and causes the extra sodium to leave the cells and the water weight.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Today I went for a long jog today. I'm still a slow runner but beat my fastest time. Tommorow I will do the yoga and sleep meditation exercise.
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options

My body loves sodium but I found really drinking up your water and a secret I learned from the doctor show. Drink coconut water the next day after a sodium high meal . This works for me every time . It uses science. It's loaded with pottasium ( even more than bananas ) and causes the extra sodium to leave the cells and the water weight.

Thanks ladies. That makes me feel better. I'll try coconut water. Haven't had that since last June!
  • TangledThread
    Options

That's good to know. I tried coconut water one time, strait from a coconut at a festival, and I didn't like it. I'll try it again since it could have been a bad one and because it takes trying new things a multiple of times to be sure. If I still don't like it I'll pick up a multi vitamin that contains potassium. I've been thinking of doing that already.

• TangledThread
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ok. I have a surprising amount of angst about taking the progress photos. What if they don't show the progress? I've lost 9 lbs since March 1st and 16lb since starting MFP and nobody in real life has noticed. Heck, I only notice when I'm naked because my back fat is gone and my photos are fully clothed because that's how I roll. Ah well, I just need to take the photo already.

After a light breakfast Finn and I will go run all out for a mile and time it. I'm confidant that has improved in a noticeable way. And by noticeable I mean 50 seconds or so. I watch the Olympic so I know how a fraction of a second is important. lol

edit to add: I just looked my starting running time and it's better than I remember. So I'm changing my guess to a 30 second improvement.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello Team 10-4, the Wild Flowers. How is everyone doing? The weekend is almost here! Just a reminder that Melodie has posted a "Spice it up challenge" thread under discussions for you to tell us about the new spice that you tried. I made an Indian inspired red lentil and rice dish with coriander, cumin, turmeric and curry.