Team 4

Options

Replies

• summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone.....I hope you all are doing well this week.

I wanted to let you all know that due to the Verizon strike this past Wednesday I have been forced to work 12+ hours a day 7 days a week with no end in sight. I have no time to exercise and I have no time to eat either so I have been eating under 1000 calories a day. In my Fitness Pal as you all might know you can't complete your food diary if you have less than the recommend amount of calories. :( I love being on this team and working together to get to the destination and I just wanted to let you all know that I am EXTREMELY sorry that I am unable to assist with getting us to India.

I did however do the sleep meditation on Tuesday night and found it interesting it really made me relax that is for sure but now I have very little time for myself.

Please think of me and make a wish that this may end soon.

Lisa......I fixed the spreadsheet for you :) Let me know if you see anything else wrong.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Ok. I have a surprising amount of angst about taking the progress photos. What if they don't show the progress? I've lost 9 lbs since March 1st and 16lb since starting MFP and nobody in real life has noticed. Heck, I only notice when I'm naked because my back fat is gone and my photos are fully clothed because that's how I roll. Ah well, I just need to take the photo already.

After a light breakfast Finn and I will go run all out for a mile and time it. I'm confidant that has improved in a noticeable way. And by noticeable I mean 50 seconds or so. I watch the Olympic so I know how a fraction of a second is important. lol

edit to add: I just looked my starting running time and it's better than I remember. So I'm changing my guess to a 30 second improvement.

You only need to take a photo and post if you desire. You just need to post either inches , improvement in fitness or nsv. It's not to put anyone on the spot but give you motivation on your success.
    16 lbs is awesome.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My body loves sodium but I found really drinking up your water and a secret I learned from the doctor show. Drink coconut water the next day after a sodium high meal . This works for me every time . It uses science. It's loaded with pottasium ( even more than bananas ) and causes the extra sodium to leave the cells and the water weight.

That's good to know. I tried coconut water one time, strait from a coconut at a festival, and I didn't like it. I'll try it again since it could have been a bad one and because it takes trying new things a multiple of times to be sure. If I still don't like it I'll pick up a multi vitamin that contains potassium. I've been thinking of doing that already.
    Try different brands. For me it has to be ice cold and I like zico brand over the others.
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You only need to take a photo and post if you desire. You just need to post either inches , improvement in fitness or nsv. It's not to put anyone on the spot but give you motivation on your success.
    16 lbs is awesome.

It's just angst so I will try and get the photos taken tomorrow. I will post them in the challenge thread and I may post them here too.

That way I can shamelessly ask for validation that it is visible since I'm not talking about WL in real life so none of my friends have said anything. They are being nice, I'm sure. This is the downside of telecommuting. I could count on coworkers to notice everything and to not filter their comments. IKR The downside is also a perk.

• TangledThread
    Options
    summ72 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone.....I hope you all are doing well this week.

I wanted to let you all know that due to the Verizon strike this past Wednesday I have been forced to work 12+ hours a day 7 days a week with no end in sight. I have no time to exercise and I have no time to eat either so I have been eating under 1000 calories a day. In my Fitness Pal as you all might know you can't complete your food diary if you have less than the recommend amount of calories. :( I love being on this team and working together to get to the destination and I just wanted to let you all know that I am EXTREMELY sorry that I am unable to assist with getting us to India.

I did however do the sleep meditation on Tuesday night and found it interesting it really made me relax that is for sure but now I have very little time for myself.

Please think of me and make a wish that this may end soon.

Lisa......I fixed the spreadsheet for you :) Let me know if you see anything else wrong.

You have my sympathy and I hope that this over for you quickly. Those work hours are exhausting.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Having just got back from Malaysia, I have had an easy time with spicy variety. Home made massaman veg curry plus a green thai curry out. I had never had a massaman curry before. Fun.

My 4 day weekend with the 9 other ladies was fabulous. Stayed at a friend's for 6 days either side of that. Alcohol, dinner in the dark, quad biking, walking, day spa massage, brunch, dinners and catching up. The weight I lost before the trip is back. TOM, post flight bloating and constipation contributing but 2 weeks n 2 kilos later, I am looking forward to getting back on track!
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    Yoga and relaxation videos done. Lazy day with a bit of experimenting on which ingredients trigger hay fever response. Coconut macaroons from Albert Heijn cause a spectacular response. Citric acid and variety of potential allergens in there. Ripe tomatoes looking likely as another sinus headache creator. Interesting. Not motivated to exercise nor fussed about better eating. Day off before back into more discipline tomorrow.
  • TangledThread
    Options
    Ok. The photos. I'm posting them in the checkin thread too.

o5jaf6niejir.jpg
    September 2015 right after adopting Finn and realizing I would be walking an hour a day every day. I thought I would tone up and lose weight by increasing my activity level. Ha! Weight unknown because I didn't have a scale.

Jan 26th 2016 started a C2K5 for fun not weight loss, but a running site said that people often gain weight when they start running from increased hunger. YIKES. I couldn't have that. Joined MFP at 150.6 lbs no photos.

xov7xpdlefb0.jpg
    March 3rd 2016 144.0 lbs

ysw82099rrpm.jpg
    Today, April 16, 2016 at 133.8 lbs

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Great before and after shots, Sherri! I notice the difference the most in the black tee and jeans photos from 144 to 133.8. Your waist looks smaller to me.
  • HASWLRS
    Options

As a team, we still have a ways to go to make it to India. I don't know what the weather is like in your neck of the woods, but here it is a glorious spring day. Why not get outside and go for a walk? You could be enjoying the sunshine and, at the same time, getting some exercise minutes for Team Wild Flowers!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Samanda, don't forget to enter your points in the spreadsheet for going the yoga and sleep videos and the spice challenge. If you need me to do that for you, just let me know. That goes for any one else as well. Only two days left!
  • zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing really well throughout the week, and the scale is showing it. But I'm getting back on track. It was really rainy here this week, but it was beautiful today! Got out and walked and played with the kids outside. Does gardening count as active minutes? I did some gardening on Wednesday.
  • TangledThread
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Great before and after shots, Sherri! I notice the difference the most in the black tee and jeans photos from 144 to 133.8. Your waist looks smaller to me.

Thank you.

I swear, I have lost 14 of the 16lbs from my rib cage and back fat. I didn't realize I had so much until I started losing it. I have bony sticking out ribs for the first time in my life and it's weird to see a skinny person's rib cage when the rest of me is still padded.

• HASWLRS
    Options
    Hey, Team 10-4. Hope everyone had a good week. I just noticed from the spreadsheet that we made it to India!! Make sure you get all your numbers from exercise minutes, the roadblocks and challenges in by Monday evening. I'll add them up after work. Great job, everyone!
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    I think we may be heading for a side trip to do yoga in himalayas or diving in maldives or just a tour of sri lanka. Well done everyone. All filled in. I lost 3lbs just before my 10 days in KL. Courtesy of fun, alcohol and a few extra carbs, it is back. Totally worth it. Refocussing this week on healthier choices. Love hearing how everyone is doing.
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi EVERYONE......

I am checking in to say Congrats on making to India without my help...I am proud of all the work you all have done.

I just finished working my 12+ hour day for the 6th day in a row. Needless to say I am pretty exhausted. I have pretty much only worked and slept.....by the time I get home I just get things ready for the next day and go right to bed :(

My goal for tomorrow since it is weigh day.....I plan to TRY and follow my normal routine which is to get on the treadmill and then weight in. Keep in mind this means I would have to get up at 430am :( but I am really going to try.

Keep up the good work and please know that I am so upset that I am totally not able to focus and contribute on this challenge due to working so much.....
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    We're missing you, too, Melanie!
  • TangledThread
    Options
    summ72 wrote: »
    My goal for tomorrow since it is weigh day.....I plan to TRY and follow my normal routine which is to get on the treadmill and then weight in. Keep in mind this means I would have to get up at 430am :( but I am really going to try.

Don't go crazy there. When working that many hours sleep is really important. We will hold down the fort with the challenge and you concentrate on making it through this in one piece. Do please keep checking in so we know you're ok.

Take care.
  • TangledThread
    Options
    I love this weeks challenge.

My bathroom is too small for my scale so I have it in the hallway. That means I weigh myself several times a day when I walk past. Not in the angst ridden what-do-I-weigh way but in the "Look at me, I'm fully clothed and weigh less than day one naked"... "Look at me, I'm fully clothed and holding a coffee and weigh less that day one naked"... "Look at me, I'm fully clothed with shoes and in my coat and bag and travel coffee mug weigh less that day one naked"... I get off and do my end-zone dance.

Yes, I'm easily entertained.

So last week I was to "Look at me, I'm fully clothed and holding a bag of cat food and a bag of groceries and weigh less that day one naked". Instead of doing my end-zone dance that gave me pause. It was a large bag of cat food. Really big. Ok, so 13 pounds so not that heavy but still big and I had the thought all this cat food was on my body. Even now I can barely wrap my mind around it.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    @TangledThread great visual! Thxs for sharing your celebration. Awesome drop.

Personally, this challenge I have not lost weight. I lost ~30lb in 4 mths before that, so I am ok with body settling in at 53-56kg rather than 68kg. That's more than a 6 pack of large "soda" bottles missing off me. Never thought of it in cat food terms.

Come to think of it, you are probably missing an entire cat off of you. :)