Team: Mission Slimpossible

Options

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    mellyo77 wrote: »
    I am respectfully going to bow out of this one guys, but good luck to everyone.

Sorry to see you go. Best wishes with your weight loss journey!
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    @JMarcella57 Thanks for volunteering to be our team captain! I will weigh in on Mondays.
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    Hi team, I'm Tiffanie..I'm looking to lose at least 30-40 more pounds of pregnancy weight. I'm currently living in Florida, USA with my husband and 3 kids. I lost over 80 pounds after my second child was born and then got pregnant again....I gained about 60 pounds during my last pregnancy so for the past two years I've been struggling to lose it. I just found out tonight that I won a 12 week long weight loss competition at work (I lost a little over 17 pounds) so I'm excited to keep the momentum going! Good luck everyone!!!!!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    @1TheQueenB - Welcome to the group Tiffanie. So glad you can join us here. Congratulations on being the Biggest Loser at work!
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    @1TheQueenB - Welcome to the group Tiffanie. So glad you can join us here. Congratulations on being the Biggest Loser at work!

Thanks!
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    kksmom1789 wrote: »
    i'm getting so excited to start this challenge I think I finally figured out what works best for me as in losing weight just need to stick with it as of this morning I weighed 182lbs

I can't wait to weigh 182lbs!
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    1TheQueenB wrote: »
    i'm getting so excited to start this challenge I think I finally figured out what works best for me as in losing weight just need to stick with it as of this morning I weighed 182lbs

@1TheQueenB you can do it! we will help each other. I weighed 197.6 October 21, 2015 after realizing I had gained 20lbs in my 10 months back to work from my maternity leave. the highest my weight has ever been is 212lbs
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options

@1TheQueenB you can do it! we will help each other. I weighed 197.6 October 21, 2015 after realizing I had gained 20lbs in my 10 months back to work from my maternity leave. the highest my weight has ever been is 212lbs

I will get there, you'reabsolutely right! I just need to stick with this...baby steps! My realistic goal for April is to lose 1-2 pounds per week. Would be a bonus to lose 3 pounds/week but I won't be greedy
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I will get there, you'reabsolutely right! I just need to stick with this...baby steps! My realistic goal for April is to lose 1-2 pounds per week. Would be a bonus to lose 3 pounds/week but I won't be greedy

I totally understand haha I have been losing about 1lb per week I would love to lose more but I seriously love food too much. I did get a fitbit charge HR in Jan and it's really helped so much since it syncs right to MFP and tells me how many extra calories I have for treats
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I am concentrating hard and keeping focused to lose at least 2-3 pounds by my weigh in on Monday morning....I ate as planned, I'm working on my water intake, and did Jillian Michaels this morning before work and did a 30 minute jog after work in the hot Florida sun
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    Idk why what I type keeps getting cut short
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    I jogged in the hot Florida sun today
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    Cut short again...maybe it's my emoji....I jogged in the hot Florida sun today and it's not even summer yet...work in ng on my summer body! What are you all doing towards your goals?
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options

I totally understand haha I have been losing about 1lb per week I would love to lose more but I seriously love food too much. I did get a fitbit charge HR in Jan and it's really helped so much since it syncs right to MFP and tells me how many extra calories I have for treats

I love extra calories too but I don't even try to eat them all. I don't even really want a treat for my birthday in a couple of weeks cause I don't trust myself to not over indulge and veer off track!
  • JMarcella57
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Cut short again...maybe it's my emoji....I jogged in the hot Florida sun today and it's not even summer yet...work in ng on my summer body! What are you all doing towards your goals?

I'm looking forward to spending a little time in the hot Florida sun later in April when my husband and I take a mini vacation to Orlando for a few days. We plan to stick with planned eating and stay active while there. B)
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options

I'm looking forward to spending a little time in the hot Florida sun later in April when my husband and I take a mini vacation to Orlando for a few days. We plan to stick with planned eating and stay active while there. B)

Great to make those plans and have your husbands support!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Sleep and non-processed foods are key for me. If I don't get enough sleep, my entire day is a struggle with food cravings and difficulty with focus. When I eat highly processed foods, I just don't feel as good, have less energy and I also have additional cravings for foods that I don't even enjoy.
  • puglife456
    puglife456 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sleep and non-processed foods are key for me. If I don't get enough sleep, my entire day is a struggle with food cravings and difficulty with focus. When I eat highly processed foods, I just don't feel as good, have less energy and I also have additional cravings for foods that I don't even enjoy.

I am exactly the same way. Without enough sleep I lose all my motivation and end up eating too much and not working out. that's a big reason why I gained this weight in the first place- not enough sleep during my college years and too many treats available constantly.
    I try my best to reduce excess-sugar and processed foods from my diet as much as possible. It's pretty hard for me when they are readily available, but I am slowly learning to reach for the oranges instead of the fruit snacks. I'm really trying to incorporate mindful eating habits, which for me means sitting down to fully enjoy my food and not eating things straight out of the bag but rather pouring myself a bowl of something and forcing myself not to go back for seconds unless I really am still hungry. Yesterday was my first full day of avoiding processed food/ sugary treats since before Easter, and I'm hoping to keep up the streak during the weekend. I think that having a group hold me accountable shall really help me reach my weight loss goals :)

wishing everyone a good and healthy Friday !!
  • ddahlia14
    ddahlia14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm weighing in on Fridays. I have a first goal of losing the baby weight from my fourth baby, so about 20-25 pounds and then my secondary goal would be to hit the top weight for my height: 164, another 20 pounds. Thanks @JMarcella57 for the weigh-in reminder!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    @ddahlia14 - Welcome to the group! Keeping up with 4 children sounds like it's own workout routine!