Team: Mission Slimpossible

Options

Replies

• 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Most of last week did not go well for weight loss. :(
    But as I got to the beginning of the weekend, I realized that as the team leader I just couldn't post a gain. :#
    So, I was a model healthy-living person all weekend and was rewarded (if not a little pleasantly surprised) with this morning's weigh-in number. :)

This week, I plan to do better for the entire week. For me that means logging daily, 7+ hours of sleep each night, and avoiding highly processed foods. Oddly enough, when I do that, everything else in life just seems to work better.

Wishing everyone an amazing week!

You can do it! We all can!! And will!
  • yangjoma
    yangjoma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that the team is not doing AZ hot. I was able to lose 3lbs! Hopefully that kinda helps the team lol I wasn't even trying, that was the key. I was more focused on trying to eat healthier and only when needed! Good luck everyone for next week. We can do it!!
  • divaford140
    divaford140 Posts: 2,511 Member
    Options
    Hey Slim Team,

I'm back from a mini-vaca and I'm soooo happy to report my weight is the same as before I left yipeeeee!!! Ok time to get focused and drop it like it's hot this week - lolololol!!! BOOM we got this!!!!!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Mission Slimpossible!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

gd8zgho0pf7a.jpg
  • divaford140
    Options
    AWESOME Serendipity, I love it!!!!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Hey Slim Team,

I'm back from a mini-vaca and I'm soooo happy to report my weight is the same as before I left yipeeeee!!! Ok time to get focused and drop it like it's hot this week - lolololol!!! BOOM we got this!!!!!

That is a success! It's so easy to over-eat and to eat high-calorie meals when away from home. Glad to hear that you are back safe and sound and ready to go!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    dwntwn5 wrote: »
    @1TheQueenB I get so motivated every time I'm about to hit a new weight decade! I also "earn" a facial at every new decade I hit, so that doesn't hurt. :o

I started a charm bracelet when I began my current weight loss journey. When I reach each new weight decade, I add a charm. I occasionally add a charm for special accomplishments too. Right now, I'm about 2.5 pounds away from a normal BMI (by charting standards). That will get a charm!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    yangjoma wrote: »
    ... I was able to lose 3lbs! ... I wasn't even trying, that was the key. I was more focused on trying to eat healthier and only when needed! ...

Just goes to show what what a healthy lifestyle can do for you and you don't have to feel deprived! Way to go!
  • divaford140
    Options
    Thanks Captain!!!! The charm bracelet is a super cool idea.
  • puglife456
    puglife456 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Way to go, team! You all are amazing and this group has been a huge motivation for me to put down the junk food and hop on the stair master. Went about 200 cals over my goal yesterday so I'm going to add one more day of this deficit onto this week to make sure the number on the scale is creeping down instead of up! Today is my day off from work so I've been taking it easy and made a nice healthy lunch (tuna salad with lots of carrots and celery on a bed of mixed greens). I'm going to the gym in a little bit, then later I'll make up something for dinner (perhaps whole-grain pasta with roasted veggies). I hope everyone is having a good day!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    puglife456 wrote: »
    ...Today is my day off from work so I've been taking it easy and made a nice healthy lunch (tuna salad with lots of carrots and celery on a bed of mixed greens). I'm going to the gym in a little bit, then later I'll make up something for dinner (perhaps whole-grain pasta with roasted veggies). I hope everyone is having a good day!

Sounds like a relaxed and wonderful way to spend a day off. Enjoy!
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hello Team
    I don't weigh in until tomorrow but I am having a rough week for making healthy choices too much stuff going on. I was able to get a walk in today at lunch which felt much needed.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    kksmom1789 wrote: »
    Hello Team
    I don't weigh in until tomorrow but I am having a rough week for making healthy choices too much stuff going on. I was able to get a walk in today at lunch which felt much needed.
    It's a journey, but you're staying the course. Sounds the like the walk was probably good mentally and physically. Hope the rest of your week better. :)
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    I've been slowly allowing myself to not eat as planned since Saturday.....enough is enough though..back to it tomorrow!
    Idk why I self sabotage???? Same pattern. Get close to 180's and then I start slipping
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    1TheQueenB wrote: »
    I've been slowly allowing myself to not eat as planned since Saturday.....enough is enough though..back to it tomorrow!
    Idk why I self sabotage???? Same pattern. Get close to 180's and then I start slipping

I'm not having a very good week either . I need to fill in my food and exercise diary which i haven't been doing. new start for us both this morning :) .
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound :neutral:
    I'm sorry guys
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Regardless of our weight, the important thing is to stay the course and record it. Ultimately, this is about hanging in there and continuing to do what we can do. When I've been losing for a bit, my body finds places that it wants to stay for awhile and then I'm able to move on. Sometimes this is just what my body needs and sometimes it's because, I've let something change. When this happens, I stop and make a note of what may have changed. Usually, I will realize that I wasn't getting enough sleep, or I haven't been logging, or a bunch of unexpected stuff happened in life and I got out my routine. Sometimes, I just need to up my calories for a bit. Sometimes it's because I ate something processed and the chemicals and/or sugars in that food have triggered cravings.

The point is, I'm so impressed with everyone supporting each other and logging here no matter what. This is what makes our group great regardless of anything else! This is a journey and we are all learning and growing along the way. :)
  • 1TheQueenB
    Options
    1TheQueenB wrote: »

I'm not having a very good week either . I need to fill in my food and exercise diary which i haven't been doing. new start for us both this morning :) .

How'd you do today @2016summerfun

My motivation seems to last for a moment...this time my moment was for almost 21 days...I gave myself a plan...low carb, low calorie, high protein....for 3 weeks.....that was my short term goal and then I was going to slowly increase my calories and good carbs...I was doing well until this past Saturday...after finding out that I had actually won the weight loss contest at work...I took my winnings and went shopping with my girlfriend. I tried on smaller clothes and felt great about myself....then we grabbed a bite to eat....the beginning of the decent down the slippery slope. I had a small piece of bread...and some restaurant procuitto stuffed chicken. I took the left overs home (there was plenty since my gastric bypass friend didn't want the remainder)...then I later went home and finished it since I didn't want it to be there the next day. I was gonna start fresh the next day....Sunday, my husband went to work and the pancake mix box called my name. I ate more than needed of course. Monday I did ok until after work...I grazed the pantry. Tuesday I had something I shouldn't have had, again after work, Wednesday had donuts after work and today was gonna be a good beginning day again but donuts after work again. I only missed Tuesday and Wednesday workouts this week....I had a great jog Sunday night, and even decided to set a goal to jog 40 miles this month by add 1 more day of jogging. I woke up this morning and made myself workout, I started the day with scrambled eggs and cheese, bacon, and wheat toast....lunch was tuna and salad with balsamic dressing....then I wanted those darn donuts again after work. I really wanted to go jogging after work but left later than expected. Idk what my deal is...maybe I push myself too hard? But I know I'm capable of doing what I set out to do...maybe I stress myself out? I say that I'm gonna take my time and work on one goal at a time to reduce stress on myself but I know I can do more..... Help! Signed: Driving Myself Nuts!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    REMINDER: All week 1 weigh-in results have to be submitted by 11:59 pm EST. Anyone that fails to report in will be given a 0% loss. This will impact the overall % loss for the whole team.

Week 1 Winners will be announced on Saturday!! :smiley:
  • puglife456
    puglife456 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @JMarcella57 that post was JUST what I needed to hear! I had a rough day... Period cravings like crazy. I've been trying to avoid anything with added sugar but I got way off track today. Also snacked a lot and didn't log any of it, but at the very least I made it to the gym so hopefully that will off set the damage a bit. Here's to all of us jumping back on track tomorrow and having a healthy Friday!