Team: Dude, Where's My Gut

Options

Replies

• Roxmom66
    Roxmom66 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @jmilner89, that's exactly why I do mine weight ins on Fridays. LOL! However, during the challenge I will have to do a little better on weekends.
    I am looking forward to this challenge!
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    hi everyone im excited i cant wait how you all doing
  • jmilner89
    jmilner89 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @Roxmom3 this challenge will totally keep me on track in the weekends too :) I also plan to stop eating back my exercise calories, I'm not going to lower my base intake goal though otherwise I get hangry :D
  • Akgramma
    Akgramma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good plan!! I'm going to try and avoid eating my exercise calories too! And increase my water!! Let's go team!!!
  • jmilner89
    Options
    Yes I need to work on drinking water too! It's cooling down here and I always find I forget about water when it's not so hot!!
  • w8ingforthesun
    w8ingforthesun Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing so far this week?
    and if you're wanting to share..what are some of your goals through this challenge?
  • Roxmom66
    Options
    Hi Everyone, just checking in. BTW, doing good w8inforthesun (love the name), thanks.
    I started my 'new' journey February 1, and so far managed to lose 12 lbs. I am still hoping that I can make 15 lbs by the end of March. Even with the 12 lbs I have noticed that some of my clothes are not quite as tight. I am apple-shaped so everything I own always seems to be small in that middle area.
    So today went through my closet and found some nice items that I might be able to wear again easily if I lost another 10 lbs. So that is my motivation for the April challenge! I will be able to have a new wardrobe without spending a penny! Of course if I ever get to my goat weight, I am planning a new wardrobe.

I am trying, which seems to work best for me, a lower carb along with counting calories and logging in everyday. I find that logging helps a great deal, along with the exercise. I do a lot better if I work hard on the cardio.

So my goals are to try to lose between 8lbs at least, log in everyday,drink my water and cardio 5-6 days a week (mainly brisk walking). And to fit into a new top from my closet!

Wishing everyone all the best in their weight loss journey, we can all work together and help each other on this journey downward.
  • Akgramma
    Akgramma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Moving closer to our start date of April1! Are you excited?? We have great goals and we WILL be successful in our journey!
  • iheartcookies2
    iheartcookies2 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    @w8ingforthesun My goal is to lose 2 kg (4.4lbs). I have lost 43 kg (94.7 lbs) so far, and my weight loss has slow down somewhat. I know it's normal, but it can be frustrating sometimes. :)
  • Roxmom66
    Options
    Yep, I am getting excited! With Spring here, and summer coming soon, I am more anxious to get this extra weight off and be successful.
  • vwoman
    vwoman Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, im joining the challenge from Melbourne Australia. I'm looking forward to this for motivation the get weight loss happening. I will weigh in on Friday morning.
    Good luck everyone.
    Do people have a games plan/ weight loss strategies they are following??
    Good luck
    Veronica.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    ~~~JUST A REMINDER~~~

Your starting weights can be submitted any time between tomorrow, Saturday, March 26 through to Friday, April 1 depending on what day you weigh in.

In order to submit your weight please go to the thread located in Announcements for the applicable week and respond with:

Your Username:
    Your Team Name:
    Your Current Weight:

There is currently a very long list of individuals on a waiting list that would like to participate. I was surprised on how much interest there was! I could have easily added another 5 teams but I wanted to keep the numbers low, at least for this month. As a result I ask that everyone submit their weights on or before April 1. If not received by end of day April 1 I will assume you are no longer interested in the challenge and your seat will be filled by someone else.

Good luck everyone!! Let the game begin!!! :smile:
  • jmilner89
    Options
    Argh Easter time, I have fallen off the wagon a little today and no doubt after the bunny has visited, tomorrow will be the same... so glad it's all over before the challenge starts!!
  • krenae312
    krenae312 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all !!! Super excited for this to start !!! I'm 30, a mom to 2 boys 4 and 10 months and I stay at home. Feel free to friend me !!
  • Roxmom66
    Options
    Hi Everyone, also fell off this wagon slightly this weekend. Also glad its over just before the Challenge starts. That darn Easter Bunny!

Thanks for the reminder Serendipity, I have actually marked the date on my calendar.
  • wannagetfit15
    wannagetfit15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

There is currently a very long list of individuals on a waiting list that would like to participate. I was surprised on how much interest there was! I could have easily added another 5 teams but I wanted to keep the numbers low, at least for this month. As a result I ask that everyone submit their weights on or before April 1. If not received by end of day April 1 I will assume you are no longer interested in the challenge and your seat will be filled by someone else.

You can go ahead and replace me with someone on the waiting list. I am not going to be able to participate right now. Sorry

• Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

You can go ahead and replace me with someone on the waiting list. I am not going to be able to participate right now. Sorry

Thanks for letting us know wannagetfit15. I hope all is ok with you. If successful I will continue this challenge again next month so keep an eye out for us. I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey :-)
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Dude, Where's My Gut!

Wishing you all the best. Let's get ready to {{{rumble!!!}}}...I mean {{{Lose}}} :)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello team! My name is Rae and I managed to sneak in under the wire! Thanks to whichever person dropped out so I could get in. ;)

So, I'm a pretty regular poster on MFP and I LOVE to do challenges. I'm a retired wife, mom and grandma. I love my family so much but my life has been all about family and work and not very much about me. Since I retired last year, I'm changing that. Good nutrition and exercise are now my healthy habits for a lifetime!

So happy to be a part of this group. Now let's kick some gut AND butt!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    My goals for this challenge:
    • Lose 10 pounds and get to a healthy weight and BMI
    • Exercise at least 30 minutes minimum of 5 days a week
    • Drink 64 oz of water daily
    • Continue healthy eating habits
    • Support and encourage my teammates
    • Practice gratitude and count my blessings EVERY day!