Team: Dude, Where's My Gut

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    We still have 3 people who haven't reported their weigh-in day yet.

@SethKaishi
    @candicelh79
    @kezz2325

I've sent each a message, so hope to hear from them by tomorrow. If anyone is also friends with any of them, please reach out and give them a poke. :D
  • jmilner89
    jmilner89 Posts: 71 Member
    @vwoman that conversion gets me too lol
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    jmilner89 wrote: »
    @vwoman that conversion gets me too lol

There have been times I've converted for people. I use this website:

thecalculatorsite.com/conversions/common/kg-to-pounds-ounces.php

• iheartcookies2
    iheartcookies2 Posts: 952 Member
    edited April 2016
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    vwoman wrote: »
    Hi guys, just posted my starting weight. 98kg (216 pounds) up a bit after Easter. Back on track now. Going to have to get used to this pounds conversion thing!
    Good luck everyone.

Lot's of sites to convert from kg to pounds, but i always use my own excelsheet where i have my own converter for pounds, inches, miles etc.

@vwoman and @Gustaaf85

Most of the scales have a little button on the bottom where you can change from kg to pounds. I discovered (after months of converting from kg to lbs for different challenges) that both of my scale have that little button.

• RaeBeeBaby
    Hi guys, just posted my starting weight. 98kg (216 pounds) up a bit after Easter. Back on track now. Going to have to get used to this pounds conversion thing!
    Good luck everyone.

Lot's of sites to convert from kg to pounds, but i always use my own excelsheet where i have my own converter for pounds, inches, miles etc.

@vwoman and @Gustaaf85

Most of the scales have a little button on the bottom where you can change from kg to pounds. I discovered (after months of converting from kg to lbs for different challenges) that both of my scale have that little button.

Funny story - I bought my Mom a new scale a few months ago and set it up for lbs. Somehow it switched over to kg and we can't get it to change back. It's too late to return the scale, but we can't figure out how to get it back to lbs. Now she just weighs and asks her iphone (Siri) how many pounds X kg equals. :D
  • RaeBeeBaby
    OK, Dude and Dudettes! Today is Day 1 of our Biggest Loser Challenge!

We still have two people on our list who have not checked in, so I'm expecting a couple newbies to pop in here tomorrow. Too bad, so sad for the two who pooped out, but that's just an opportunity for someone who really wants it!

I hope to see as many of you as possible posting on this thread. Not just on your weigh-in day, but throughout the week as well to give and receive support. Some of the other teams are really "chatty" and I know from experience that makes it more fun! It also ups the accountability factor, which will help all of us.

I would like to get some feedback from all of you on how we can make this a very successful month and REALLY kick some gut!

Here's couple ideas from other challenges I've participated in:

Set mini-goals for the week (exercise, water, nutrition)
    Have a weekly challenge (exercises like squats, lunges, or specific workouts)
    Report out on our daily exercise, struggles, progress
    Share recipes
    Share NSV's (non-scale victories for any newbies)

Anything else that has helped or worked for you all or that you'd like to try?
  • iheartcookies2
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Good luck everyone.

@vwoman and @Gustaaf85

Funny story - I bought my Mom a new scale a few months ago and set it up for lbs. Somehow it switched over to kg and we can't get it to change back. It's too late to return the scale, but we can't figure out how to get it back to lbs. Now she just weighs and asks her iphone (Siri) how many pounds X kg equals. :D

I prefer my weight in kg. It makes me feel skinnier. :bigsmile: Even before when I weighed 130 kg it sounded better than 286lbs. Lol
  • krenae312
    krenae312 Posts: 30 Member
    Hey guys!! Happy April !!!!! I have my nephews birthday party on Sunday. Its in a bigger city then where we live so we are going up early and doing a little shopping. Definitely going to have to bring snacks to keep me from just grabbing something fast. Started up 21 Day Fix extreme again a couple days ago and am feeling it in my legs!!! Hope everyone has a great first day!!!!
  • jmilner89
    I'm struggling with keeping my food under my goal intake, I was hoping not to eat back my exercise but I am thinking I might lower my base intake instead, so I eat less but don't feel "starved" on my super active days... any other suggestions?
  • krenae312
    Honestly I don't track my calories. I have used mfp in the past to track calories but it became a unhealthy obsession where I felt bad if I went over and just obsessed over it. I re created it to join groups and browse though, so I don't really have any answers. I have been LOVING to eat the cauliflower crumbles though sautéed with a little salsa. It's been that perfect thing when I'm extra hungry but don't want to add tons of extra calories. I would just maybe try to lower and see how you feel but also just trying to choose wise calories.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    jmilner89 wrote: »
    I'm struggling with keeping my food under my goal intake, I was hoping not to eat back my exercise but I am thinking I might lower my base intake instead, so I eat less but don't feel "starved" on my super active days... any other suggestions?

What do you have MFP set for as far as the weekly weight loss? Sometimes I think that is too low, especially if you are also doing a lot of exercise. After a couple months at 1200 calories (MFP default), I started looking around for options. I currently do the TDEE minus 20%, which gives me 1410 cals a day without any exercise. On big exercise days I do eat back some of my calories, so I average around 1600-1700. I still lose at a slow rate doing this and I have enough energy for pretty intense workouts so I think it benefits my overall fitness to eat a bit more.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    krenae312 wrote: »
    Honestly I don't track my calories. I have used mfp in the past to track calories but it became a unhealthy obsession where I felt bad if I went over and just obsessed over it. I re created it to join groups and browse though, so I don't really have any answers. I have been LOVING to eat the cauliflower crumbles though sautéed with a little salsa. It's been that perfect thing when I'm extra hungry but don't want to add tons of extra calories. I would just maybe try to lower and see how you feel but also just trying to choose wise calories.

What are cauliflower crumbles? Is it just little pieces of cauliflower?

I've been wanting to try making the cauliflower buffalo "wings", but it seems like a lot of work. LOL
  • jmilner89
    @krenae312 I try not to get too caught up in calories, but I figure during this challenge I would try to stay under to give my weight loss a bit of a boost.
    @RaeBeeBaby I have mine set to 1/2 kg I have tried the 1200 cal intake and I lost quickly but it just wasn't sustainable for me so figured giving myself a higher intake would work better long term
  • krenae312
    @RaeBeeBaby you can buy it already crumbled in the bagged lettuce section of most stores, or if you have a food processor just throw the cauliflower in there and pulse a few times. It's like faux rice . I have thought about doing the wing thing too, so ill report back if I try it. Lately I've just been taking the crumbles and a protein and salsa and a little Greek yogurt or sour cream and mixing it. It's so good!!!
  • iheartcookies2
    My goals for this week are:
    Exercise:
    Cardio 120 min
    Strength 140 min (based on another challenge I'm in)
    Flex 140 min (based on another challenge I'm in)

Food: Stay under my calorie goal
    I'm having a minor surgery next week (I got approved surgery for my varicose vein) so I don't know how much I will be allowed to exercise afterwards, so I'm trying to squeeze in as much exercise as I can this week. :)

@krenae312 I love cauliflower and I wanted to try the faux rice. How long do you cook it?
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Lesly_Barrett_1209 Posts: 96 Member
    Happy Sunday Everyone! I'm new to the team, yay! :smile: I wanted to introduce myself...
    My name is Lesly and I am 27 years old. I have 2 little boys. One is 7 and one is 10 months :smile: They keep me pretty busy! I also work full time at an Area Agency that help the elderly and disabled and also volunteer for a non for profit organization that raises money to help children participate in extracurricular activities. Those two things also keep me busy lol

I currently weigh 183 and have been having trouble seeing the scale move since having my youngest son. I think I have figured it out though that my calorie intake was wrong because since adjusting it and actually following it and paying attention to what I am consuming the scale has finally been moving this past week! :smile: I just started T25 last week so I will be working on completing that program as well. I prefer at home workouts so I can be around more for my kids considering how busy my schedule is.

Anyway, I'm so glad to be here and very excited to get to know all of you! :smile: I will send out friend requests today so be on the lookout for those! :smiley: Happy losing everyone and I hope you all enjoy your Sunday!!
  • krenae312
    @iheartcookies2 not very long. Maybe 2 minutes just to soften it.
    @Lesly_Barrett_1209 I LOVE Shaun T !! I don't have t25 but I have insanity and I love to hate it !! Insanity was the first thing I did that made me feel strong and after 2 rounds I looked awesome.,,I need to get back to that lol. Welcome to the team!!!
    @Gustaaf85 I am bad with hydration too!!!!
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Lesly_Barrett_1209 Posts: 96 Member
    @krenae312 I love Shaun T too! I did half of insanity last year before I got pregnant and was so excited because that was the first time I actually made it that far lol that workout exhausts me but you always feel so much better once it's done! And I feel like you start seeing results a lot faster compared to other workouts too. I will probably try and do a round of that after I am finished with T25. My goal is to actually make it thru an entire program :smile:

• cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    hi everyone i would like to kno which video is better T25 or insanity or cize i would like to order one but dont kno which one help. you all have a great sunday
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited April 2016
    Happy Sunday everyone! I decided to do some yoga this morning before logging onto MFP. I find that if I log on first thing then I'm just on here for too long and don't get my zen on.

Welcome @Lesly_Barrett_1209! We're happy to have you as part of the group. You are a busy lady with 2 little ones, a job AND volunteer work. I will not complain about my busy (retired) schedule. I love to look at Shaun T o:) , but the workouts scare me. Not sure I'm up for that intensity at my age. I have sort of followed along with his infomercial a couple times and that is a good workout in itself.

@krenae312 - your cauliflower, protein, salsa, yogurt mix sounds like something I would make. I make a lot of "bowls" of yummy goodness with rice or quinoa, proteins, veggies and toppings like hummus or salsa. I tried making mashed cauliflower (like mashed potatoes) once and it turned out more like what I think the texture of cauliflower rice would be. It was pretty good, but that was probably due to all the butter I put in it. LOL I saw that you already posted your weight for this week. Congrats on the .5 lb loss!!

@iheartcookies2 - great plan for your exercise goals! Probably the same as mine since we're in some of the same challenges! Got a good start on the flex already! That's good and bad news about your surgery. Glad you're getting it fixed, but hope it doesn't put you on the sidelines for any length of time. OH, and btw - did you post your weight for this week? I think you're a Sat weigh-in, so don't forget to update. I haven't looked at the weigh-in thread, so didn't know if you had.

@Gustaaf85 - are you back problems something that will resolve over time? It's terrible to have back pain at such a young age! Maybe there's some modifications you can do for different workouts? Nice haircut!

@jmilner89 - at 1/2 kg what is your calorie goal for that?

Today is a beautiful day where I live. It is usually raining this time of year, but we've had several days in the 70's! I am doing a lot of gardening - cleaning up my flowerbeds and planting a few early veggies in my garden. Today my husband and I are planting a couple rows of raspberries. They are super expensive at the store and we eat a lot of them. Hopefully that won't take all day because we'd like to get out and play some disc golf if the weather holds.

For my NZ friends, my mom and step-dad are leaving today for a 2 week trip to NZ! They've been once before and absolutely loved it, so they're going back. I'm very jealous they get to enjoy your beautiful country!

Have a wonderful day my BL friends! Make healthy choices wherever you can!