3. Daily nutrition accountability

Options

Replies

• SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Came in under budget today but I'm nervous about the next few days. I'm going out of state and there will be a camping trip. Here goes nothing
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Came in under count, food choices weren't bad!
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks Smurphy90. It is nice to know there are others who understand though I too would not wish it on anyone. I made a quick dash to corner shop once during past 7 days and I only just barely made it back in time to my bathroom to not have an accident. Just can not trust body at all when gastric system gets that dysfunctional. I ended up only eating scrambled egg and banana yesterday and the previous evening. Fingers crossed it seems to have settled things. I peed out 9lb of fluid retention yesterday so inflammation must have gone down. Today I bravely went out for appointments and did some shopping, had a baked potato and tuna while out which has stayed put so hoping I am ok now. Stocked up on imodium at chemist on way home just incase though. I don't tend to use that because prefer to let body cleanse itself but I really wished I had some left last week just so I could go to shop safely. I want to get out walking again so I think I will keep some in my bag just incase.
    I was put on variouse contraceptives for PCOS but they made my spot outbreaks worse and got break through bleeding on all of them, one made me bleed all the time so I gave up on those. I have asked doctors about Metformin in past but none would give it me because apparently they don't hand it out in my area unless are diabetic.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I did well Sunday (i.e. officially back on my diet) & Monday & so far doing well today (Tuesday). It looks like I'm on track to show a loss tomorrow (Wednesday) morning (my weigh-in day) despite being on vacation (& not doing well on the diet) last week.
  • smurphy90
    smurphy90 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Stocked up on imodium at chemist on way home just incase though. I don't tend to use that because prefer to let body cleanse itself but I really wished I had some left last week just so I could go to shop safely. I want to get out walking again so I think I will keep some in my bag just incase.
    I was put on variouse contraceptives for PCOS but they made my spot outbreaks worse and got break through bleeding on all of them, one made me bleed all the time so I gave up on those. I have asked doctors about Metformin in past but none would give it me because apparently they don't hand it out in my area unless are diabetic.

I hear you about Imodium. I don't use it if I'm just at home and don't need to leave, but I ALWAYS have it in my backpack or purse. And I always take one before boarding a plane or going on long road trips, just in case, as Germany doesn't really do the whole public restroom thing and there's this awkward period between closing the plane doors and getting to cruising altitude where you're no allowed to use the restrooms, which with my stomach is NOT an option or something I can control for more than 5 minutes when it's acting up. It's really awful having no control over your system sometimes and it's even worse to not always be able to predict it.

I've also noticed in Germany that doctors here are shocked that I'm on Metformin and none of them have ever even heard of people using it for PCOS. It's basically the second line of defense in the US, after contraceptives, which is why my doctor prescribed it. Even after I sit there telling the German doctors for 10 minutes, "I can't use hormonal birth control. It and my mood stabilizers make each other neutral," they are just like, "We don't do that. I've never heard of that." Fortunately... well, somewhat, the GP that I happen to go to is really lazy and I literally just have to say, "I need 2000mg daily of Metformin," and he hands me a prescription. However it does say on my chart that I'm diabetic (he didn't ask, he just issued the prescription, and I told him anyway)... so that bugs me... but at least I'm getting my meds.

Check-in related: I did well today. Under my calorie budget.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Binged on pizza and I'm lying big time for it ....:(
  • SarahsFitMess
    Options
    First day of vacation and I ended up WAY under. I missed my last meal of the day but didn't want to hit drive through and once we got to the hotel I just wanted sleep. Hopefully tomorrow is more balanced
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    I did well Tuesday & today (Wednesday).
    Had my weigh-in here & lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks. I was on vacation last week, so, no weigh-in.
    I had some binge days while on vacation, my weight jumped way up, then quickly went back down once
    I got back & on track again. I didn't expect my 2-week weight loss to be as much as it was due to messing up while on vacation. Hmmm--maybe I should do a "binge day" once per week!
  • krce
    krce Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Fairly decent day & have ended it under my limit.
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Very busy day Wed., so no time to "graze" in the kitchen! Came in a bit under & food choices were better than usual! :)
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have had a bad few days, struggling to stay focused. I am being good so far today, but I know my mind is not in the game and I might struggle :-( Will post at end of day to see if I managed to stay on track.
  • krce
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Not going to lie - really struggling today. I completed my journal, managed to stay under my calories limit, but mentally struggled a lot.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    I did good today (Thursday). I've been so focused on work that if I didn't set my timer (for my blood sugar measurements) I forget to eat until it's time to go home and by then my appetite would be ravenous.
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Still rocking the plan!
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Thursday was a baad day! Had an ok day, but b/f requested red beans & rice for dinner and I completely lost all control..sigh! I'm determined to get back on track today.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    I'm doing great today (Friday)--the scale even showed a weight decrease from my weigh-in on Wednesday.
  • SarahsFitMess
    Options
    I went on a camping vacation. The Oregon beach was beautiful and secluded. So I had no reception. I kind of used that as an excuse to be indulgent. I got home and just had to log it all. I felt like I was trying to lie to myself by not logging. I went over 3 out of my 4 days. I doubled one day and more than doubled my last day. My daily goal is 1500 and my vacation brought my average for the week up to 2044.

I'll admit I'm a bit upset I haven't gone over like this since I started. I've had bad days where I've doubled my calories but I went right on track the next day. Three days in a row I kinda feel like a failure....

I struggle with giving up every day and I know I'm back on track but it's difficult to forgive myself.
  • smurphy90
    smurphy90 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was on vacation in London for the last four days with terrible WiFi, so I haven't been able to log in/log. I feel like I stayed under or at least around my calorie budget everyday. I've started to get full SO fast this week.

I'm back now! Should resume logging tomorrow.
  • krce
    Options
    Friday was ok... A planned meal that I indulged in but stayed under if I included my exercise which I normally don't do. Today is going ok.... I've just been feeling like I've been barely hanging on the last couple of days.
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I seem to have completely lost it. Had a brilliant first 5 weeks but really struggled to regain focus since being ill. Going to do a big shop today, get some batch cooking for freezing done and then start a fresh tomorrow.