3. Daily nutrition accountability

Options
RunawayCurves
RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
It is simply. Yesterday did you eat and drink in a way that was healthy for you in mind and body?
Are you happy with what you consumed Yes or no?
Post the answer here daily with as much or as little elaboration as you like.

Replies

• RunawayCurves
    Options
    Yesterday I was not happy with how I ate. Today I am not either so I created this group to help me change that and I hope it will help you too.
  • schwenkler22
    schwenkler22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No, yesterday i felt sick didn't have a lot of control over what i ate, therefore i Anything that my stomach could handle which included over 15 chocolate chip cookies.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Feel good about my food today! Nuts ,berries , homemade chicken quesidilla, lemon water , so far so good evening meal will be leftovers and veggies with a glass of teas sweetened with truvia!
  • arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This past week I've done really good, but today (I'm still doing good) but I have the wants. It started raining so I'm stuck inside and I catch myself looking in the pantry, opening the fridge, not that I'm hungry just in a "snack" feeling kind of mood. I need a few notes on the doors, JUST STEP AWAY!!! and then eat some fruit :blush:
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1500 calories daily. Today egg sandwich, 4 Oz lean steak, chicken soup, 2 carrots, 2 stalks celery, 2 grapefruits. I use 50 cal per slice Weight Watchers quinoa bread. I love that bread, I find it very filling.
  • ck1257
    ck1257 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This weekend my fiance and I had a St. Patrick's day party. There was a lot of food. I indulged a little, but not as much as I thought I would. I'm proud of that, and I continued to lose weight the next day. Yesterday we had leftovers from the party, and I got right back to tracking at my regular calorie goal. I stayed under my goal and am proud of that.
  • katdanash
    Options
    Today I was good ! Yogurt and coffee for breakfast, celery with peanut butter ,mixed berries , and 1oz of cheese for lunch with a bottle of water . dinner was homemade Philly cheese steak wirblots of peppers and onions , steamed asparagus, and roasted mushrooms , and 2 small Clementine's .. Yummy still have 800 calories left
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    I am happy with how I ate today, was within my calorie goal and all decent quality proper food.
  • lungs59
    lungs59 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My food goals seem to be in line.... My calories are under what I'm allowed. I do struggle with a sweet tooth a lot lately. It comes and goes. Today I had an extra cup of coffee with an Adkins bar to help with the cravings. I low carb so I don't eat a lot of fruit and there are not a lot of choices to help when I'm on a sweet tooth binge.
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% in compliance with my Nutrisystem food plan.
  • animalrob37
    Options
    I thought about nutrisystem. It looks so convenient. Is it tasty? They say 10 lbs a month loss, is that accurate?

I was over on calories yesterday but I burned every one of them off by chopping wood so I'm happy

• lungs59
    lungs59 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Animalrob if you are exploring options research the low carb thing. It is really simple once you get the hang of it. There is a slight learning curve and it is hard to get it out of your head that you really don't pay attention to the calories just the carb content. I don't follow Adkins but I do use it and others like it as a guide. I try to keep my carb count under 50 grams a day. The first several weeks the weight loss is rather large actually I lost 48pounds the first 8 weeks. And we even eat out fairly easily once you learn. Just a thought.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    It was nice to wake up today feeling happy with what I ate yesterday :)
  • animalrob37
    Options
    lungs59 wrote: »
    Animalrob if you are exploring options research the low carb thing. It is really simple once you get the hang of it. There is a slight learning curve and it is hard to get it out of your head that you really don't pay attention to the calories just the carb content. I don't follow Adkins but I do use it and others like it as a guide. I try to keep my carb count under 50 grams a day. The first several weeks the weight loss is rather large actually I lost 48pounds the first 8 weeks. And we even eat out fairly easily once you learn. Just a thought.

that's funny, my spirit guide recommended low carb yesterday. I have done it before but I tend to eat a lot of meat and not enough veggies when I do it. I can give it another go.

• katdanash
    Options
    So far so good . little stressed, work is crazy but overall food good :)
  • DenDen88
    DenDen88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Finally re-joined the gym. Had an amazingly tough Kettlebell workout. Felt like my ovaries had collapsed, but I made it through to the delight of my coach and most of all me!
    I feel great today!!!
  • Klipsan
    Options
    I thought about nutrisystem. It looks so convenient. Is it tasty? They say 10 lbs a month loss, is that accurate?

I was over on calories yesterday but I burned every one of them off by chopping wood so I'm happy

It's super convenient. Tasty? It depends on how picky you are. They sell both shelf stable and frozen meals. The frozen meals are better and about as good as Lean Cuisine or Smart One's frozen meals. The 10 lbs is for the first month if you select to do their Turbo 10 start during the first week. That means no Nutrisystem treats the first week and drinking one or two of their shakes daily.

For anyone considering it, I'll share a few things. Nutrisystem provides you with a breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack that total about 800 calories per day. They expect you to add what they call PowerFuels and SmartCarbs as well as vegetables to that for snacks or meal additions. That might include yogurt, cheese, nuts, fruit, etc. For folks who only have 30 or 40 lbs., the additions will bring your calories up to about 1200 per day. But if you weight is higher they will put you on a 1500 calorie per day plan or an 1800 calorie per day plan. So in the end you could end up supplying more then 1/2 of your daily calories yourself if you are on a higher calorie plan. You want to keep that in mind if you are considering the cost. Also on the cost, Costco sells $100./Nutrisystem gift cards for $80. and a few times a year they drop the price of a $100. gift card to $60. I just bought 13 cards at the deeply discounted price.

Here is my Nutrisystem menu for today.
    B: Nutrisystem Double Chocolate Muffin
    L: Nutrisystem Grilled Chicken Sandwich
    D : Nutrisystem Chicken Parmesan
    S: Nutrisystem Peanut Butter Cookie

I get cases of Dannon 80 calorie Greek yogurt for my Powerfuels at Costco, Costco veggie patties as an afternoon Powerfuel/SmartCarb Snack, and Kirkland Signature Frozen Normandy Vegetables which I eat with both lunch and dinner sprayed with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

• Klipsan
    Options
    I'm on plan and planning to stay that way. Hope you all are having a good day.
  • Jake1410
    Jake1410 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel so-so today. Missed breakfast which kinda throws me off balance. Lunch was a bit of an uninspiring grab & go. Dinner wasn't too bad - chicken, rice and veggies. Doing well with the water.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was ok. I was within my calorie limit, and my choices were relatively smart.

Today has been alright, although I caved and had a rice pudding that I was saving for tomorrow. I should end the day within my calorie goal though.