3. Daily nutrition accountability

Options

Replies

• SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I stayed under calories though I did indulge in some mini Cadbury eggs (evil little. ...) today my calories are a bit odd because I work nights and I can't eat after midnight due to surgery in the am.
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    On plan and planning to stay that way! :)
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Over calories .. Went out to Bob Evans with family. Didn't do good choices . old me creeped her head out and took over . ..
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good day today
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Under by 100 cals today
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    MUCH better "food day" today than yesterday! Unfortunately, I think I pulled a groin muscle while puttering around the garden...less activity but will still close out under calorie target today...yay me! :)
  • lungs59
    lungs59 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMYYYYYYY....... at work I know that's a shock, seems like I live here lately but good grief they (my co workers) are killing me tonight. The last 2 nights I have been a little more hungry than usual which is odd for me because I am usually a bit nauseated on this shift especially if I eat past midnight. Well I guess its some sort of ER Dr appreciation blah blah blah... any excuse to have an abundance of amazing looking yummies sitting around day (seriously day shift couldn't have eaten all of this and hoarded it in their lockers for tomorrow) and it is sitting by the coffee pot so I almost drooled on it as I poured my coffee. I was pretty good last night but they put out a whole new basket tonight with all new stuff...UGH!!!!!!! I tried not to look BUT SERIOUSLY RIGHT BY MY MUCH NEEDED COFFEE!!!!!!!! How could I not peek a little?????? They had chocolate covered cherries and pretzels and......well then I couldn't see thru my tears .... :'(:s:# So I drug myself away to wipe my tears and passed the nurses ....yep stuffing their faces with pizza and pasta. Glad they didn't bother to ask me if I wanted to order anything I might have caved in :o Now I am safely tucked away in my department sipping my coffee sharing my horror story with my new found and truly understanding friends.... until the pager goes off and I have to go back to ER :s
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Nailed it today!!! :)
  • lungs59
    lungs59 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    katdanash wrote: »
    I skipped breakfast opted only for coffee, bad idea , only had yogurt with granola for lunch , chicken sandwich for dinner and will have some strawberries later . but I have barely used half my calories . I have just found out in the 14th of March that I am fully diabetic now. Find a balance for breakfast is hard . trying to limit the carbs I eat . my gobto was a price of taost with strawberry preserves . don't get up in time to do eggs and can't do them everyday .. Low carb, sucks for me .

Hey Kat! There are soooooooo many choices for low carb, I get the coffee for breakfast I am really bad at that and I was not a big egg fan and still not all that thrilled with them unless they are cleverly disguised (BTW you can scramble eggs ahead of time and keep in fridge for a couple of days and warm up in microwave, I do this for work now sometimes) I am also not good at the whole breakfast thing and still struggle with that meal sometimes......but don't give up! It gets easier I promise! There is a bit of a learning curve because it goes kinda against what we have always been taught with normal dieting. When I was working day shift and had to pack a breakfast I found Dannon light and fit greek yogurt (strawberry cheesecake, VERY YUMMY and I do not care for yogurt either) has only 9 grams of carbs and also had some string cheese either 0 or 1 carb depending on type of cheese. That would hold me for a couple of hours if I needed a snack before lunch pork rinds are 0 carbs and Jack links meat sticks have 2 carbs, there are some other brands that have less.

When I first started low carb I felt like I was eating so much (I didn't even feel like I was on a diet) but it slows way down, you stop snacking in between meals because your not hungry. Your portion size starts dropping down to probably what is a normal portion just because you don't need as much to get full. I have hungry days, they seem to come in spurts of a couple of days at a time then they seem to go away and i am good again. There are so many choices out there just not things that your probably use to going and grabbing. Try and google some and research a little I bet you will be surprised. Oh and believe it or not you do kinda lose your taste for bread, pasta and potatoes after a while.

Let me know if you would like any suggestions for snacks or food, I will try to help you out I know its hard in the beginning
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I did great today & my blood sugars are looking pretty good too. Hopefully, I can keep it up until next Wednesday (my weigh-in day).
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I only had just under 1300 calories yesterday, which seems far too low to me, but I just wasn't very hungry. I had three meals, and some small snacks in between, and didn't feel I was lacking.
    I hope to stay on plan today.
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    There's still birthday cake in the fridge, and I had two pieces yesterday. :( I'm seriously thinking of just throwing the rest in the garbage to keep myself from eating it. But it's a struggle because, 1) I love cake, and 2) I hate waste.
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Tata0716, animalrob37, audrey13027, Pepperh3ad, BarneyRubbl, BigChangeNe, Congratulations on a great day of food choices.

Katdanash – Many people find it helpful to plan what they will order before they go to a restaurant and it appears that Bob Evans has their menu online complete with the calories for each dish. https://www.bobevans.com/our-restaurants/menu

lungs59 - chocolate covered cherries are one of my favorites. Many workplaces have programs set up to support the diet and fitness efforts of employees. Weight watchers and Tops groups have been set up for many company workgroups. Is there any chance you could join or start a fitness support group at the hospital? If so, you could then use the influence of the entire group to implement some workplace policies that would keep the treats to a minimum.

I’m still 100% on plan with Nutrisystem. On the menu today is:

B: Nutrisystem Double Chocolate Muffin
    L: Nutrisystem Grilled Chicken Sandwich
    D : Nutrisystem Sweet & Sour Chicken
    S: Nutrisystem Mint Crisp Bar

Along with some yogurt, fruit, veggies, & veggie patty.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    very happy with how i ate yesterday.. i have a habit of snacking after dinner, mostly from boredom not hunger.. last night i told myself you don't need that snack so i didn't.. one step in the right direction... today's food is planned and logged... i am ready for the day..

have a wonderful and successful day
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You are all doing really well with resisting temptation, The universe does seem to have a way at throwing more temptations than ever in our path when trying to change habits. It does get easier as time goes on. Workmates and family, even friends do tend to be food pushers. I am grateful to live alone sometimes and am not able to work for now. I just do not have anything tempting in home. I used to like baking but I would just eat whole lot and make myself ill, For a while I carried on and would dish out what I made to my neighbours to stop me from scoffing the lot. Since moving home I don't have nice neighbours anymore so now just safest not to even go there with baking for me. I am low carb for various reasons, better for pcos sufferers, I am on medication that increases diabetes risk and already pre-diabetic. It takes some getting used to but I actually quite like it now and really notice the difference when I do eat more carbs. Yesterday I had more carbs than usual for me and it made me really hungry, my joints started hurting, my abdomen was sore. Those things are much better for me when I keep carbs very low and I am much less hungry on low carb. For those of us that have to do it for medical reasons it is worth persisting with. Thankfully I really like eggs and fish and avocado, seeds, nuts, coconut oil. It must be much harder if do not like those things. I eat a lot of mackerel, sardines, spinach. Things that I never thought I would like and actually I really enjoy them now. Tastes change.
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have just gone hypo :'( I've had some grapes and two weight watchers biscuits, which were my planned 3pm snack. But if my levels don't rise soon I am going to have to have something else and that will make me go over on my calories :(
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have just gone hypo :'( I've had some grapes and two weight watchers biscuits, which were my planned 3pm snack. But if my levels don't rise soon I am going to have to have something else and that will make me go over on my calories :(

That must be frustrating but health comes first, a teaspoon of honey, banana ?
  • Nuari2016
    Nuari2016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    lungs59 wrote: »
    So I drug myself away to wipe my tears and passed the nurses ....
    Oh the temptation - hang in there & very impressed with your steely nerves!!!
  • Nuari2016
    Nuari2016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It takes some getting used to but I actually quite like it now and really notice the difference when I do eat more carbs. Yesterday I had more carbs than usual for me and it made me really hungry, my joints started hurting, my abdomen was sore. Those things are much better for me when I keep carbs very low and I am much less hungry on low carb.

It sounds like you have done really well with sorting out what works best for your body, and then being able to discern the physiological differences that occur when you eat outside of your planned foods. It's one of my big hopes to be able to start doing that myself someday soon!

Yesterday's eating got slightly off track but I think was still ok. A couple of hours into studying, I realized my lovely healthy snack was still sitting there, untouched - very surprising as I was certainly hungry! I then realized that my throat was extremely sore and I was developing all the symptoms of a bad head cold :( I knew I had been under the weather, but didn't realize it was because a virus was creeping on, grr. I ended up only being able to take milky tea, and then later forcing myself to eat the only soft foods on hand. I had to estimate the calories, but I don't think I was over by much, if at all. WHEW!

Today I'm alternating napping with sipping hot tea and broth. I guess the good thing about being sick is that I'm not particularly hungry and have no cravings, great little silver lining!

• ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options

That must be frustrating but health comes first, a teaspoon of honey, banana ?

I have dextrose tablets if I need them. I am not allowed to drive under 5 so seem to be using them a lot since starting back on this.