3. Daily nutrition accountability

Options

Replies

• KristenNagle1
    KristenNagle1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    CONFESSION: My first Saturday and I blew it. I sort of planned to blow it with champagne but then I didn't factor in how hungry alcohol makes you :neutral: So I tried to be good ordering a chef salad when everyone else had pizza but over the course of the evening I ended up eating 4 pieces of pizza anyway!! In addition to the damn salad LOL. I stayed on track the rest of the week though and ended with a 3.6 lb loss. I know it would have been better without the salt and alcohol fest of Saturday night though.
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm on plan and planning to stay that way!
  • Nuari2016
    Nuari2016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Last night, I only had 100g of roast potatoes, some meat, 4 different kinds of vegetables in sensible portions, gravy made without juice from the meat, and it didn't fill the plate. Hell, it was probably a third of the size of the portion I would normally have.
    I ate it all, I was full, and I really enjoyed it! I can feel some of my habits starting to change. I still waiver every now and then, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of this!

Oh well done!! Yorkshire puddings have always been a huge temptation for me. Right now I'm trying to modify a full fry up to be a health(ier) version that I can have & still stick to plan.
  • Nuari2016
    Options
    I stayed on track the rest of the week though.

Applauding that! It can be so easy just to say, I tripped up, I might as well stop altogether - but you got up, dusted yourself off, and are tackling the challenge again. One silver lining - now you know what the alcohol does to you & know to order *two* salads in advance! :)
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    CONFESSION: My first Saturday and I blew it. I sort of planned to blow it with champagne but then I didn't factor in how hungry alcohol makes you :neutral: So I tried to be good ordering a chef salad when everyone else had pizza but over the course of the evening I ended up eating 4 pieces of pizza anyway!! In addition to the damn salad LOL. I stayed on track the rest of the week though and ended with a 3.6 lb loss. I know it would have been better without the salt and alcohol fest of Saturday night though.

We are all works in progress, well done for not letting it de-rail you. I get the munchies when drink alcohol too plus it makes me all short sighted about what is important in life, It is ok not be perfect, the most important thing is to get back on track as soon as possible and not give up over it. So you did well.

I am inspired every day by everyone here, we can do it.
  • Nuari2016
    Options
    Was possibly 40 odd calories over yesterday, but not intentionally - the food database numbers on MFP kept changing! At one point, a clove of raw garlic that I had logged for lunch suddenly appeared on my tally sheet as 480 calories. The overage was due to the calorie count shifting, so it may or may not be real.
  • KristenNagle1
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone!!! <3
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ate too much chocolate. Today is going well.
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Easter chocolate hangover...boo hoo. Time to put on my big girl panties, log foods and drink lots of water!
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am on track , for those who got seduced by the chocy demons, never mind. Easter is all over now.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Was significantly under my calorie goal today, but mostly because I spent a good portion of the morning and early afternoon sitting in my bedroom trying to write a couple of essays, and got so busy that I forgot to eat for a while :/
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I skipped breakfast opted only for coffee, bad idea , only had yogurt with granola for lunch , chicken sandwich for dinner and will have some strawberries later . but I have barely used half my calories . I have just found out in the 14th of March that I am fully diabetic now. Find a balance for breakfast is hard . trying to limit the carbs I eat . my gobto was a price of taost with strawberry preserves . don't get up in time to do eggs and can't do them everyday .. Low carb, sucks for me .
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm liking this low carb diet. Lots of energy and no hunger and I can now easily see where I went wrong the last time. Lots of low carb veggies out there. I use only certain vegetables and I weigh the amount until I get good at eyeballing it. On track today and I get 560 calories still.
  • KristenNagle1
    Options
    Had a great day!
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Rest day, so I made sure I was well under calorie budget!
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was well under my calorie target yesterday (and I even treated myself to a chocolate bar), but something struck me as I was eating my dinner last night. We had a roast dinner, which is one of my favourites, but what was on my plate was very different from what I'd usually have.
    I'd usually pile it really high with roast potatoes, meat, mashed potatoes, yorkshire puddings, lots of veg, gravy made with some of the juice from the meat, sometimes extras like pigs in blankets, and then eat it all until I was completely stuffed, to the point where I was uncomfortable and had to undo my trousers.
    Last night, I only had 100g of roast potatoes, some meat, 4 different kinds of vegetables in sensible portions, gravy made without juice from the meat, and it didn't fill the plate. Hell, it was probably a third of the size of the portion I would normally have.
    I ate it all, I was full, and I really enjoyed it! I can feel some of my habits starting to change. I still waiver every now and then, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of this!

Beyond awesome. Personally I think those sort of changes has felt like my biggest victories
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    On plan today despite some serious carb cravings.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Hoping today is better . ate a better breakfast so we will see!
  • Nuari2016
    Options
    Stuck to plan yesterday, and so far so good today.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I did good yesterday (Monday) until dinner when I blew it (5k calories at dinner). I simply delayed dinner too long (2 hours later than planned) due to working late & had a ravenous appetite by then for foods I really should not eat. Hopefully, today (Tuesday), I'll stick to my meal plans & meal times.