3. Daily nutrition accountability

Options

Replies

• RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am on plan and starting to genuinely enjoy my food now. I am just happy to not be hungry.
    My food diary and profile are wide open for anyone to see.
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Stayed under the calories for today. Should have had more protein, but for a holiday eating lunch at someone else house- I will settle for that. So I was a little higher in carbs but also in fiber- I'll take that.
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Did well today, so much temptation though. Birthday party today, chips, cake, ice cream...but stuck to my cucumbers and carrots lol I may have been a little grumpy for a bit but I got to enjoy a yummy but healthy dinner because I didn't have that cake.
  • arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Stayed on track today.
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Today I started low carb. I'm 250 calories under because the extra fat was very filling and I didn't get hungry after breakfast until dinner. I also felt like I had more energy today.
  • lungs59
    lungs59 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The eating is fine, just feeling exhausted from the night shift and not sleeping. Have been under my carb count.
  • Nuari2016
    Nuari2016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have been slightly under calories for the past two days, even though I've had the massive urge to go on a power binge. Proud of myself for sticking with it.

For those who observe it, Happy Easter! If you are confronted with temptations, keep reminding yourself that what tastes even better is the thrill of being healthy, fit and strong. Imagine what next Easter will be like when you walk into the room and people gasp at how great you look!

I'll try to post more encouragement later when I'm more awake :)

(I should be fine with eating today - different religion, and I don't like sweets, so nothing tantalizing me in my kitchen except the same old regular stuff. Will try to send any extra will power I can find your way instead, if you'll do the same for me in a few weeks!)
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Tata0716 wrote: »
    Did well today, so much temptation though. Birthday party today, chips, cake, ice cream...but stuck to my cucumbers and carrots lol I may have been a little grumpy for a bit but I got to enjoy a yummy but healthy dinner because I didn't have that cake.

Impressive will power, very well done.
    Today I started low carb. I'm 250 calories under because the extra fat was very filling and I didn't get hungry after breakfast until dinner. I also felt like I had more energy today.

This is how my body reacts to low carb/high fat too, it is only thing that does not leave me starving hungry, I love not being hungry. I know it is not for everyone but certain physiological types thrive on it and I am one of them.
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Spent all day cooking/ baking and managed to stay under calorie. I have a family bbq tomorrow and decided to be proactive with my calories so I'm bringing fruit and vegetables to make sure I snack well
  • Nuari2016
    Nuari2016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just had a big mood-boost (an old acquaintance messaged me out of the blue) and it has me so excited in general that as a happy side-effect, I feel extra-committed to making good food choices today and maybe even giving exercise a crack :)

Best wishes to everyone today, be strong! Nothing you taste today will be anywhere near as amazing feeling that being healthy and in shape will give you!
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    I stayed on plan today :)
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm on plan and planning to stay that way!
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Doing OK ;) brother bought dinner bit I'm still OK
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Stayed on track today :)
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I get close to my calorie budget almost every day, but then I hit the gym, and burn a lot of it off. I'm happy with that. So far, and it's been a month, I never feel like I'm starving, and I'm staying well-hydrated. So I'll take it!
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Managed a family bbq with some of my favorite foods and stayed on track. Oddly proud of myself.
  • lungs59
    Options

You have been on my mind the last couple of days Rob..LOL I missed this post probably since I have been working the last few days. I was thinking about the day you just had broth for dinner and I thought I have so been there and now I have so many more choices if I am having a hungry day and I do not have to starve! I think you will do well with this, it is an easy lifestyle to stick to once you learn how. If you need some quick recipes I have a few that are great and pretty easy (believe me I am not a good cook and I have managed to make them taste yummy) Oh and from what I have read about the low carb thing they say that because of the high amount of protein that is consumed that you stay fuller longer. I have found that to be true on most days.
  • lungs59
    Options
    Mad_Medusa wrote: »
    Spent all day cooking/ baking and managed to stay under calorie. I have a family bbq tomorrow and decided to be proactive with my calories so I'm bringing fruit and vegetables to make sure I snack well

Super smart Mad!!!!! Its the best way to stay on track when there is a lot of yummies around that we should not be snacking on. This is how I made it through the last several holidays and several picnics last summer. I have to know there are things there that I can eat without worry of screwing up my whole day or week.... and the only way is for me to bring them.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I was well under my calorie target yesterday (and I even treated myself to a chocolate bar), but something struck me as I was eating my dinner last night. We had a roast dinner, which is one of my favourites, but what was on my plate was very different from what I'd usually have.
    I'd usually pile it really high with roast potatoes, meat, mashed potatoes, yorkshire puddings, lots of veg, gravy made with some of the juice from the meat, sometimes extras like pigs in blankets, and then eat it all until I was completely stuffed, to the point where I was uncomfortable and had to undo my trousers.
    Last night, I only had 100g of roast potatoes, some meat, 4 different kinds of vegetables in sensible portions, gravy made without juice from the meat, and it didn't fill the plate. Hell, it was probably a third of the size of the portion I would normally have.
    I ate it all, I was full, and I really enjoyed it! I can feel some of my habits starting to change. I still waiver every now and then, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of this!
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good job Big change needed! And thank Lungs. You are receptive to the angels around you and their suggestions, that is always good.
    Well I stayed low carb even though it was my drinking day so that made me happy.