Weigh ins or measurements

Options
RunawayCurves
RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
I will do my weigh in every 4 weeks because I get obsessed with scales if keep looking. I like to do it first thing in morning fresh out of shower. I find my weight varies quite a lot during day and I have a history of jumping on scales several times a day driving myself nuts. I found in past I do better when look less often so am going to try to stick to 4 weekly weigh ins. My last official weigh in was last Monday morning and was 302lb which was a decent loss that I was happy with. Feel free to share how you are doing.

Replies

• animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I weigh in each Friday morning. This last time I was 331. I am hoping for 321 to 325 this coming Friday. I am trying to lose weight quickly because I feel uncomfortable in my skin.
  • ck1257
    ck1257 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning to see the trend. Yesterday and this morning I was at 396. I have been losing mostly around the end of the week and staying even in the beginning.
  • schwenkler22
    schwenkler22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself everyday multiple times a day to see how i fluctuate. On friday i was 380 at the docs office and this morning i was 370.
  • lungs59
    lungs59 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am a scale junky! I weigh every day. I was on vacation last week and I thought I would lose my mind! No scales anywhere. If the scales is up it just makes me more determined to make better decisions and makes me rethink the previous days choices....did I do something I shouldn't have or are my ankles or fingers swelled? That happen post vacation and post plane flight and what an added surprise of walking nearly 30 miles in 5 days eating right and gaining 5# when I finally did get to my not so beloved scales
  • lungs59
    Options
    Oh and after all that I forgot to post my weigh in....lol. I have been at this for nearly a year now and I have a HUGE GOAL in my head that I really want to make a 100# lost in a year's time and that's coming up in April.
    Starting weight 331
    Current weight 244.4
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I'm part of a couple of challenges on another website and we post our weigh-in's on Mondays. I started Nutrisystem on February 4th and this is my weekly weight loss since then. I'll add to this list weekly.

Total NS Weight Loss: 28.6 lbs.

March 21, 2016: 462.6 (-3.8)
    March 14, 2016: 466.4 (-3.4)
    March 7, 2016: 469.8 (-3.0)
    Feb 29, 2016: 472.8 (-3.2)
    Feb 22, 2016: 476.0 (-3.2)
    Feb 15, 2016: 479.2 (-6.4)
    Feb 8, 2016: 485.6 (-5.6)
    Feb 4, 2016: 491.2 (Date started Nutrisystem)
  • animalrob37
    Options
    Wow lungs good job. I bet you will get your hundred next month.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    People are doing great, I am inspired seeing how much weight is being shed by you all. :)
  • Jake1410
    Jake1410 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Sunday morning. I'm a bit of a scale obsessive, though, but doing it dsy has the power to either make or break my day! I'm better sticking to weekly weigh-ins.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Monday mornings, starting the week with my new weight. Its not always good news, but it gives me a guide as to how I want to attack the week.
    I measured by waist and hips when I started in January, and plan on doing it again at the end of this month. I'm not too concerned with this part though as I tend to notice the inches lost by how my clothes feel.
  • lungs59
    Options
    Wow lungs good job. I bet you will get your hundred next month.

Thanks.... I'm hopeful.... But I really need to get my behind moving. I'm lacking in the exercise area big time. I got the food under control but I gotta get moving to get the rest off.
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I do get weighed most mornings. But I only record the weight on a Friday. My heaviest weight was 315lb at the beginning of January. I am currently on day 24 of actually trying and this morning I weighed 302lb.
  • aubreytoe
    aubreytoe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale junkie. I know it isn't the healthiest decision but seeing how my daily decisions change my daily weight, helps me to try harder to make better decisions. I think it keeps me more focused.
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I did it, I've reached my first stone lost goal. Today's weight 300.75lb :D
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your first goal Clarissa and it's awesome you've nearly hit the 100 # mark lungs.
    I have a tendency to jump on the scale every time I'm waiting for something in the kitchen (that's where I keep it). I record my weight only once a week on Tuesday after I get home from work. I just took my measurements this past week and plan to do them once a month.
    I want to drop 100 lbs in this year. I started at the end of January weighing 368 and I'm currently down to 343. I've mostly stuck with the calorie goal my dr gave me, some days are better than others, and I'm hoping to be under 300 by my birthday at the end of July.
  • animalrob37
    Options
    329 today. So I started 2 weeks ago. Lost 11 pounds week one and 2 pounds week 2 for a total of 13. I'm disappointed about week 2 but the average is fine. I must have been dehydrated last Friday or something. This will be a good week!
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    329 today. So I started 2 weeks ago. Lost 11 pounds week one and 2 pounds week 2 for a total of 13. I'm disappointed about week 2 but the average is fine. I must have been dehydrated last Friday or something. This will be a good week!

That is excellent Rob. 11lb in a week is very exciting but any loss is fantastic, 2lb is very respectable especially following such a big loss previous week. Keep in mind the body is not a robot , it is a living thing with its own intelligence. You won't always understand it but usually it is doing its best. I was on a militant food plan years ago for 9 months. Every day my calories were 1200-1400 without exception. I had a weigh in once a month. My losses were not even. I had a huge loss month 1 and then it alternated each month between 6lb loss for month and 18lb loss then 7lb then 15lb etc.... it made no sense to me because my activity levels and food intake were very static through whole time. Some individual weeks I probably lost nothing others I must have lost a lot. On the months I lost less weight I was still shrinking a lot in measurements. I think the body has its own wisdom where it alternates shedding fat with also doing some recomposition and recovery where it heals and builds better quality muscle etc. It taught me to trust my body and not freak out too much when scales do not reflect what i am expecting. Just keep going you are doing great.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I do my weigh-in on Wednesdays.
    My weight last Wednesday (3/23/2016) was 302 lbs.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Saturday is my wiegh in ! I'm hoping it good
  • animalrob37
    Options
    Thanks OW. I knew not to expect consistency from day to day but thought it would be more so from week to week now I know to not even expect so from month to month even. In the past I always figured I wasn't working hard enough certain weeks. I know that wasn't the case this past week since I logged everything. I thought it was odd that my 3 xl shirts are fitting so well already since usually I have to be 315 or so for that to happen.