Options
    SW: 254
    LW: 223
    CW: 220.5
    GW: 199 for this challenge.
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Its the last Friday before the first of September!!! I wish I would've stuck to it throughout the summer and have been closer to my goal, but I am thankful that I didn't significantly gain.

SW for challenge: 257
    3/25: 254
    4/2: 250
    4/8: 247
    4/15: 244.4
    4/23: 243.8
    4/29: 242.2
    5/6: 240.4
    5/13: 237.2
    5/20: 235
    5/27: 233.8
    6/1: 232
    6/5: 229
    6/10: 228.4
    6/17: 226.4
    6/24: 228
    7/1: 228.2
    7/20: 226
    8/22: 229
    8/26: 228
  • joannemonette1
    joannemonette1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    rickc74 wrote: »

Half a pound to go :)

Wooo hooo! Awesome work!
  • joannemonette1
    Options
    SW 192
    GW for this challenge 137

2/29:192
    3/25: 182
    4/29: 170
    5/27: 162
    6/24: 154.4
    7/1: 149.2
    7/8: 148.6
    7/15 147
    7/22 145
    7/29 143.2
    8/5 142.6
    8/12 140.8
    8/19 139.8
    8/26 137.6

Almost there!!!!

• rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    SW: 254
    LW: 223
    CW: 220.5
    GW: 199 for this challenge.
    Nice job this week!

• rickc74
    Options
    Be_Lively wrote: »
    Its the last Friday before the first of September!!! I wish I would've stuck to it throughout the summer and have been closer to my goal, but I am thankful that I didn't significantly gain.

Kinda looks like you had a pretty successful mainteneance break, which they say is good to do. Good progress overall :)

• rickc74
    Options

Half a pound to go :)

Wooo hooo! Awesome work!

Thanks :). Back at ya, you have done extremely well at this!

• Be_Lively
    Options

Kinda looks like you had a pretty successful mainteneance break, which they say is good to do. Good progress overall :)

That is a great way to think about it and I really do appreciate it! You have progressed amazingly, I can't believe you only have half of a lb to go! Do you weigh in weekly?
  • rickc74
    Options

That is a great way to think about it and I really do appreciate it! You have progressed amazingly, I can't believe you only have half of a lb to go! Do you weigh in weekly?

Thanks :). Honestly, I weigh myself daily. I know that there are natural fluctuations in weight, but I do find a correlation between my weight and a bad day of eating. Usually, I write it off to a lot of sodium if I eat out a day or two in a row. Daily weighing keeps me focused, and keeps me from going off track. Fortunately, the days I go up don't bug me much, they just make me work harder at it. The days my weight are down are pretty rewarding :)

• joannemonette1
    Options

Do you weigh in weekly?

Thanks :). Honestly, I weigh myself daily. I know that there are natural fluctuations in weight, but I do find a correlation between my weight and a bad day of eating. Usually, I write it off to a lot of

I am the same way and weigh myself daily - actually with multiple scales (because of calibration issues, they vary - by as much as a pound). I do it as soon as I wake up, no clothes, pre-breakfast - because weight goes up right afterwards. This morning (Saturday) I weighed 136.2 -- but it will be up to 2 lbs heavier reading it this evening. So, I'd be devastated if I thought that was my final weight after all the hard work.
  • Be_Lively
    Options
    I also weigh daily, in the morning on an empty stomach before stepping in the shower. Just curious when yall hit the 55 lb lost goal!!

I see that you made it Joanna!!! Congratulations! That is an amazing accomplishment!
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    All of my clothes have been loose for awhile now but I did notice one pair of jeans are too loose for me to wear at all now, so maybe I lost inches this week? I really should start measuring myself.

You're losing more than you think - don't worry!

Measuring and weighing is almost as important as jounaling to me. I track it on a dry erase calendar (and Google calendar) to help me keep track -and ir keeps me motivated. I really love MFPs tools because it lets you keep track online. But seeing the results on a measuring tape and loose clothes is pretty effective, too. I have my old dress form/dummy in my sewing room to remind me of where I was 6 months ago. It makes me work harder.

The scale can be kind of unreliable because you can weigh 2 lbs more at the end of the day (its like your body has all this unused fuel and its waiting to be used - it shouldn't count - like gas before a long day trip). And scales lose their calibration, so it's just more exasperating - and sucks away your motivation.

Weigh yourself at the same time each morning and log it somewhere - have extra scales in different rooms for comparison (one digital and one older non digital). Weigh yourself naked beore you eat breakfast (and make that meal your most important & nutritional one - you're tanking up for the day).

Okay I'll let myself stop. Sorry for the long post

Have an AWESOME vacation!!!!!!

*giant hugs*

YOU'RE DOING FANTASTIC

Thank you for this post, I wish I had seen it before I left! I was able to log into MFP every day but not able to post for some reason :( my service was really bad! But anyway, I will definitely be getting measuring tape so I can keep track in the future.

I've been weighing myself in the mornings for awhile now, but I'm going to actually stop for a week or two just to see how I do without focusing so much on numbers and more on how I feel :) It really does suck away your motivation if you've worked really hard and it's just not reflecting on the scale!

<3
  • Brittles927
    Options
    I want to give a big shout out to @joannemonette1 & @rickc74 for meeting their goals with this challenge! You guys have really dedicated and have inspired me! I'm so proud of you both!

I want to apologize for not weighing in on Friday, I had a whirlwind of a day & my service wasn't good so I didn't get a chance to post :( I actually gained weight last week which was a bit of a downer, but was to be expected with how much we ate out :/

SW Feb: 235lbs
    SW 3/19: 226
    GW Sept 1: 190lbs

3/25: 223
    4/29: 217
    5/27: 212.6
    6/24: 209
    7/28: 205
    8/5: 204
    8/12: 202
    8/19: 202
    8/26: 206

I will do another weigh in for Sept 1st to see what my final weigh in is for this challenge.

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this challenge (whether consistently or not) it's really been a pleasure getting to know you all, having the support of this group, and encouragement.

Even if you only lost 10lbs with this challenge, progress is progress. So excited for each and every one of you who have lost weight while in this challenge! Losing weight is hard, food is definitely an addiction for me so it has been a real struggle to get past that. You guys have given me so much inspiration & helped me stay on track, I can't thank you enough.

Congrats again to everyone on their progress/success!

3b23cedxc5p9.jpg

• joannemonette1
    Options
    All of my clothes have been loose for awhile now but I did notice one pair of jeans are too loose for me to wear at all now, so maybe I lost inches this week? I really should start measuring myself.

It really does suck away your motivation if you've worked really hard and it's just not reflecting on the scale!

<3

Boy, does it take a giant bite out of my motivation -- I have to tell myself "don't worry, it'll come right back off" -- Because it always will. Think of it like a temporary gas tank visit. That weight won't stay after you're back on track. Think of like a long "cheat week". Changes like that can be good every now and then. It spikes up your metabolism and breaks your rut. Your body will feel soooo much better when you get back on track.

Anyway, I'm so glad you're back! I missed seeing your updates!!

Keep up the good work!
  • joannemonette1
    Options

It really does suck away your motivation if you've worked really hard and it's just not reflecting on the scale!

<3

Boy, does it take a giant bite out of my motivation -- I have to tell myself "don't worry, it'll come right back off" -- Because it always will. Think of it like a temporary gas tank visit. That weight won't stay after you're back on track. Think of like a long "cheat week". Changes like that can be good every now and then. It spikes up your metabolism and breaks your rut. Your body will feel soooo much better when you get back on track.

Keep up the good work!

I should also mention -- I have had my share of "cheat days" and I always try to prepare myself mentally for the price I'll pay because of it. I give myself one "cheat meal" and I log it BEFORE I EAT IT to see what the damage is -- I make sure that I know what to expect. It always shows up on the scale in a day or two -- and I know that I have to work it off. And when I put it all into perspective, that's when I usually try to look for alternatives (i.e. have only one bad thing instead of the whole plate). And I'm always surprised at how fast I fill up -- and feel better afterward -- because I didn't even NEED to eat the whole thing. The "cheat day" turned into a "cheat snack".

Anyway, thanks for reading. And thanks for your kind words, britnaii22. You are so sweet.
  • Brittles927
    Options

Keep up the good work![/quote]

So true, it really was a long cheat week lol, but i'm actually relieved to be done with it and back on track! Today is going great so far :)

Me too, I missed being able to connect with you all on here too!

Thanks! :)

• Brittles927
    Options
    I should also mention -- I have had my share of "cheat days" and I always try to prepare myself mentally for the price I'll pay because of it. I give myself one "cheat meal" and I log it BEFORE I EAT IT to see what the damage is -- I make sure that I know what to expect. It always shows up on the scale in a day or two -- and I know that I have to work it off. And when I put it all into perspective, that's when I usually try to look for alternatives (i.e. have only one bad thing instead of the whole plate). And I'm always surprised at how fast I fill up -- and feel better afterward -- because I didn't even NEED to eat the whole thing. The "cheat day" turned into a "cheat snack".

Anyway, thanks for reading. And thanks for your kind words, britnaii22. You are so sweet. [/quote]

Logging a cheat meal before eating it is a really really good idea! I suspect I won't be having a cheat meal for quite awhile but when I do I'm definitely going to try that! I hate logging the junk that I eat so that may help me stay more accountable! :)

Thank you for your encouragement! <3

• joannemonette1
    Options

Logging a cheat meal before eating it is a really really good idea! I suspect I won't be having a cheat meal for quite awhile but when I do I'm definitely going to try that! I hate logging the junk that I eat so that may help me stay more accountable! :)

Thank you for your encouragement! <3

I was very surprised to see how well-documented many items are on MFP, and on many, many cooking/recipe sites (which can be imported into MFP to help keep track of items).

This made me better at logging - and it really, really made a huge difference. This attempted weight loss is my THIRD attempt - and this is one of the reasons why I think it will help me in my upcoming switch to "maintenance mode".

What got me logging "cheats" was the relief - and surprise - to see the fat grams and calorie count on items I didn't think much about before. Like if I'm craving sugar or salty items, I will literally weigh the item I want - and it keeps me from binge eating. If I'm at a restaurant, and I'm trying to satisfy a craving, I can use my app to search for lower fat/calorie options. If I can't find it, I have to decide - and I force myself to be accountable - to do the work. And sometimes by that point, the urge has passed and I'm eating a salad (WIN-WIN).
  • rickc74
    Options
    I also find it super helpful to plan out and pre-log 'cheat' meals, or whatever I plan on having. It helps me make things fit my plan for the day. On most days, I have all of my meals planned and logged at breakfast time. It helps me figure out the rest of the day if I plan on having pizza for dinner or something like that - I know when I'm having one meal that is not the healthiest, I need to fit better, less calorie dense meals in for the rest of the day :).
    For the most part, I don't really consider them 'cheat' meals (not that I have a problem with the term or concept), and I don't deprive myself of certain foods. If I want something, I eat it...but in moderation, and I make it fit my calorie goal. Sometimes, this mean more time walking or running or on the exercise bike. Sometimes it means a low calorie lunch. Sometimes it means just one slice of pizza. It is important for me to enjoy treats like pizza, and chocolate, and the occassional boston cream donut. Just not a ton of it, and not everyday (except maybe for a bit of chocolate; I always have those little Halloween size boxes of smarties in the house :) ).
  • joannemonette1
    Options
    I also find it super helpful to plan out and pre-log 'cheat' meals, or whatever I plan on having. It helps me make things fit my plan for the day. On most days, I have all of my meals planned and logged at breakfast time. It helps me figure out the rest of the day if I plan on having pizza for dinner or something like that - I know when I'm having one meal that is not the healthiest, I need to fit better, less calorie dense meals in for the rest of the day :).
    For the most part, I don't really consider them 'cheat' meals (not that I have a problem with the term or concept), and I don't deprive myself of certain foods. If I want something, I eat it...but in moderation, and I make it fit my calorie goal. Sometimes, this mean more time walking or running or on the exercise bike. Sometimes it means a low calorie lunch. Sometimes it means just one slice of pizza. It is important for me to enjoy treats like pizza, and chocolate, and the occassional boston cream donut. Just not a ton of it, and not everyday (except maybe for a bit of chocolate; I always have those little Halloween size boxes of smarties in the house :) ).

That's more or less the way I do it, too -- I try to use a balanced approach to my meal planning. I want to enjoy my meals, of course, but I want to make sure I plan ahead on how to make the meal fit my "calorie budget".