Team: Gutbusters

Options

Replies

• overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm very surprised. I have overeaten on calories 3 times this past week and still managed to turn out a 2lb loss!! I'll be honest, I was not hopeful at all, but now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself. :)
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm very surprised. I have overeaten on calories 3 times this past week and still managed to turn out a 2lb loss!! I'll be honest, I was not hopeful at all, but now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself. :)
    Nice loss!
  • saturnina8
    saturnina8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a great loss for week 1, Gut Busters! Sorry I didn't say anything earlier, but I've been a bit busy lately. Lots to do at work and Spring cleaning this week and next. Also gave blood last Thursday which wiped me out and forced me to sleep a lot that night and Friday.
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    OMG, we have like and awesome buttons☺ An MFP update? !!?! I'll Awesome that!
  • GloriaE2016
    GloriaE2016 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!! Its been fairly quite in here :smile: Hows everyone doing so far this week? I've been trying to eat better and exercise more and so far I've been doing pretty good!
  • Shalynlink
    Shalynlink Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey GloriaE2016 - yes quiet for sure..its been a hard week for me. Eating has sucked big time and I am finding cravings are so bad. I know I get more cravings when I am busy or stressed and this is my week. Any suggestions for low cal satisfying snacks? I eat an apple per day to try to satisfy my sweet tooth but this week it isn't working!

what do you do for exercise?
  • Sherriediva1
    Options
    Shaylink - do you have Aldi's? I'm sure other stores carry these...Greek yogurt and fruit protein bars...they also carry some bars called Indulgence that are like small candy bars (not mini size) but not full size either. Sooo good and at a reasonable calorie :)

I've had a busy week also but am glad to report that as of Tuesday I managed a 2.4 lb loss. I am having trouble with a strained /sore/tight right calf but am stretching and massaging and pushing through. Anyone with any knowledge about this feel free to give me some advice.....

NSV: Managed 15 min jog on the treadmill today at no incline and 4.2 mph! Not fast but steady ;)
    P.S. anyone have issues with the bowels wanting to kick in 5 minutes into a jog?!!?? Talk about inconvenient :#
  • Shalynlink
    Shalynlink Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Shaylink - do you have Aldi's? I'm sure other stores carry these...Greek yogurt and fruit protein bars...they also carry some bars called Indulgence that are like small candy bars (not mini size) but not full size either. Sooo good and at a reasonable calorie :)

I've had a busy week also but am glad to report that as of Tuesday I managed a 2.4 lb loss. I am having trouble with a strained /sore/tight right calf but am stretching and massaging and pushing through. Anyone with any knowledge about this feel free to give me some advice.....

NSV: Managed 15 min jog on the treadmill today at no incline and 4.2 mph! Not fast but steady ;)
    P.S. anyone have issues with the bowels wanting to kick in 5 minutes into a jog?!!?? Talk about inconvenient :#

Excellent weight loss this week – you are awesome!! Thanks for the recommendations – we don’t have an Aldi’s but I will find something small or I can always order on Amazon right?

Calves- yes! I have had a ton of issues. Get yourself a foam roller..it totally helps! I roll out my legs every day. Also make sure your shoe drop is 12mm –ish and stretch the calves a lot. The other thing I do daily is take 2 magnesium capsules every night before bed. It helps cramping and most people are lacking. Awesome job on the jogging!!

Bathroom fun – yes, this is why most runners have a nice coffee 1 hour before runs so they are done and done beforehand. You just have to train your body. Any running advice, just ask! It is my main form of exercise and for sure my passion. I have 2 races coming and then I get to take a rest..thankfully!
  • Sherriediva1
    Options
    Funny NSV-SO I have these yoga/lounge pants and they have a little of a stretchy waist but also a string around the waist. I never paid much attention to the string cause I didn't need it to hold the pants up. This morning I had to tie the string to keep them up :) Yay my waist is shrinking - but I forgot that and almost pee'd on myself when if went to the bathroom and couldn't just yank them down!! Hehehehe :p
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Good Job Team Gutbusters!!

You are the first team to have all weights submitted for Week 2! Congratulations on being 16.1 lbs lighter!!
  • bex800
    bex800 Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Oh no, gained some this week, sorry team.
  • Sherriediva1
    Options
    Aach, fluctuations happen, s'all good :)
  • Sherriediva1
    Options
    @Shalynlink - I managed a 15 minute jog during my walk today on the street (uphill /flat/downhill) :) I think I could've done more but the grade on the return trip back to my house is about a 4 and halfway up I felt my kneecap start to slip so just walked it. I've taken your advice and stretched before during and after and my calves are doing better.

My scale read 185 this morning but I'm afraid to trust it-don't normally stress the fluctuations but I want to get below 186 so bad because that is the weight I was at when I quit my journey last year. I've used that number in my head as a motivator and to prove to myself that I'm not going to quit again! Wish me.....DETERMINATION!!!!!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    ANNOUNCEMENT

I will be continuing the Biggest Loser Challenge into May. If you are interested in continuing please go to the Registration thread and sign up. First come, first served. Spots are being offered to existing participants before I go outside the group.

Looking forward to losing with you again in May!!

Serendipity <3
  • saturnina8
    saturnina8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ANNOUNCEMENT

I will be continuing the Biggest Loser Challenge into May. If you are interested in continuing please go to the Registration thread and sign up. First come, first served. Spots are being offered to existing participants before I go outside the group.

Looking forward to losing with you again in May!!

Serendipity <3

Wohooo! I am loving this challenge. It's been fun competing and meeting more people on MFP. Thanks to Serendiptiy0913 for all her efforts and deciding to continue the challenge.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Posted a gain this week, sorry team. Let's just say my wedding anniversary did NOT include a Lean Cuisine for dinner. :(
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    @Shalynlink - I managed a 15 minute jog during my walk today on the street (uphill /flat/downhill) :) I think I could've done more but the grade on the return trip back to my house is about a 4 and halfway up I felt my kneecap start to slip so just walked it. I've taken your advice and stretched before during and after and my calves are doing better.

My scale read 185 this morning but I'm afraid to trust it-don't normally stress the fluctuations but I want to get below 186 so bad because that is the weight I was at when I quit my journey last year. I've used that number in my head as a motivator and to prove to myself that I'm not going to quit again! Wish me.....DETERMINATION!!!!!

You'll get it! Wishing you determination and persistence.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Sorry for the weird quoting, I'm not tech savvy enough to edit those long quotes successfully.
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Good job for honestly reporting your weight, Bex and IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt. Sometimes if feels like being honest and keep on logging everything is half the battle. There are some days when you need to splurge :) Congrats on your anniversary IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt!

I had a good exercise day yesterday between walking on my breaks/lunch at work and taking a walk in the evening... Which was good because I felt like eating everything yesterday. I drank a ton a water but still felt really hungry. I ate pretty much my normal foods and tried to eat healthy foods to fill me up but was still annoying. I'm guessing it's due to my period being soon but who knows. Anyone else have days like this? How do you combat it?
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Good job for honestly reporting your weight, Bex and IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt. Sometimes if feels like being honest and keep on logging everything is half the battle. There are some days when you need to splurge :) Congrats on your anniversary IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt!

I had a good exercise day yesterday between walking on my breaks/lunch at work and taking a walk in the evening... Which was good because I felt like eating everything yesterday. I drank a ton a water but still felt really hungry. I ate pretty much my normal foods and tried to eat healthy foods to fill me up but was still annoying. I'm guessing it's due to my period being soon but who knows. Anyone else have days like this? How do you combat it?
    I don't know how to deal with those days other than going to bed early. I can't eat when I'm unconscious! If that hunger type is going on day after day long term, you might want to check if your calories are in a good range/not too low. If you discover the secret to combat those high hunger days, let me know!