TEAM CAPTAINS

Options

Replies

• Kayak97
    Kayak97 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @Kayak07 Team: Die Lard is again full. I have deleted chrizzy8 due to no response and a replacement has been added. You will see fancnanc1 is now back on your team. I have talked to her and she has confirmed her weight and weigh in day. Be on the look out for her :smile:

Great! Thanks for all of your hard work getting this started and set up!
  • Kayak97
    Kayak97 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    wahagent05 wrote: »
    To the team captains...how has your response been from your teammates?
    I ask b/c my teammates are not posting anything...maybe one post here and another post the next day!
    I honestly thought that these teams would be pumped up and ready to motivate each other to win this challenge, but i'm not getting much at all from my team! :/
    Maybe they will come around in the days to come...idk...i guess time will tell!

Plz share... would like to know if it's just my team!

Team Die Lard is posting some - sharing ideas and encouragement. Everyone has done well introducing themselves on the discussion board. I have also friended all the members, so some comments are being shared through posts instead of the discussion board. I imagine there will be more communication and encouragement from members once the numbers start rolling in. Some of my team members suggested doing mini team challenges each week, and that is getting some response.
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thank you kayak97. I have done all of the same...friended my team members as well! I have also made suggestions, but no response as of yet! Ok...just wanted to check with other captains to see how their start is going! I really appreciate you sharing!
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    @stm712015 Team: Run Track Minds is again full. I have deleted monih10 due to no response and a replacement has been added. You will see mdove3411 is now on your team. I have talked to her and she has confirmed her weight and weigh in day. Be on the look out for her :smile:

Thanks!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @chelekaz Team: The Bod Squad is again full. I have deleted lizalmp1234 due to no response and a replacement has been added. You will see vaindy is on your team. I have talked to her and she has confirmed her weight and weigh in day. Be on the look out for her :smile:
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    @jklepack Team: Withering A Weigh is again full. Your new members are Danimri84, bbcbw and EVCbeth1978. I have talked to them and they have confirmed weights and weigh in days. EVCbeth1978 is currently on a fishing trip so there may not be a lot of activity from her for a few days. Be on the look out for them :smile:
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Thank you kayak97. I have done all of the same...friended my team members as well! I have also made suggestions, but no response as of yet! Ok...just wanted to check with other captains to see how their start is going! I really appreciate you sharing!

Team dynamics are so weird! We had a bit of a slow start in my team but now we have about 5 people posting back and forth over the last couple days. Our newest member seems really excited. I've had a couple people who have NEVER posted on our thread (but posted their weigh-in weights on that one, so they're still on the team). I also asked for feedback on doing some mini challenges and didn't hear anything back.

I've been on other teams (other challenges) where it was only me and maybe one other person participating in the daily communications. That's SO annoying! It doesn't keep you very motivated.
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

Team dynamics are so weird! We had a bit of a slow start in my team but now we have about 5 people posting back and forth over the last couple days. Our newest member seems really excited. I've had a couple people who have NEVER posted on our thread (but posted their weigh-in weights on that one, so they're still on the team). I also asked for feedback on doing some mini challenges and didn't hear anything back.

I've been on other teams (other challenges) where it was only me and maybe one other person participating in the daily communications. That's SO annoying! It doesn't keep you very motivated.

I totally agree...I felt the same exact way! As a team captain, I have been in front of my PC constantly....and after all the work i have put into this challenge for my team, i would like to have some really MOTIVATED players!
    I do have a few teammates that are starting to post, but like you i only
    have (1) one that post on a regular basis, ans SEVERAL that has NEVER posted anything except starting weight!!

I am hoping that it will improve by Friday when week 1 weigh ins are charted...we will see!
    Thanks for the feedback!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS!
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Team THIN IT TO WIN IT weigh in days

Supersizemenot will weigh in on Friday
    Sabrina_Dolce will also weigh in on Friday
    Wickedlovely2539 will weigh in on Tuesday
    Nicklang02 will weigh in on Saturday...

I have one member left (slgibbs1987) that i am still waiting a response back about weigh in day...i will post as soon as i have info!

All others teammates will be weighing in on FRIDAY as well!
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    Chin up ladies :smile: You're doing a great job! You have to remember they haven't seen anything yet. Once they see results starting to come in the competitiveness and motivation will start emerging. Plus, they'll start to see other people in what they may think is a hopeless situation like their own losing weight. It will give them hope, will and drive to be successful themselves.

There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd winner not only over the teams but individuals within a team. That may drive more participation too once they see that.

Being a Team Captain is unfortunately a thankless job so on behalf of all the team members....THANK YOU! <3

• RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Chin up ladies :smile: You're doing a great job! You have to remember they haven't seen anything yet. Once they see results starting to come in the competitiveness and motivation will start emerging. Plus, they'll start to see other people in what they may think is a hopeless situation like their own losing weight. It will give them hope, will and drive to be successful themselves.

There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd winner not only over the teams but individuals within a team. That may drive more participation too once they see that.

Being a Team Captain is unfortunately a thankless job so on behalf of all the team members....THANK YOU! <3

Well, we can always thank each other as well!! Thank you fellow team captains!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    I have a change in weigh-in date for iheartcookies2. She weighs daily, so just picked Sat at random but would really like to have Fri be her weigh-in day from here on out. Hope that's not a problem!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Team THIN IT TO WIN IT weigh in day.....
    slgibbs1987 will weigh in on Thursday

I have submitted all of my teammates info...if for any reason i have overlooked someone, plz let me know
  • wahagent05
    Options

You are so right! Thank you for your much needed input!
    My teammates are starting to do a lot better, and i'm sure it will be even more added discussions in the weeks to come!

Thank you also for checking in, and helping us out!
  • chrizzy8
    chrizzy8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    @Kayak07 Team: Die Lard is again full. I have deleted chrizzy8 due to no response and a replacement has been added. You will see fancnanc1 is now back on your team. I have talked to her and she has confirmed her weight and weigh in day. Be on the look out for her :smile:

NOooooooooooo :(
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    @chrizzy8 below is what I posted in another thread. I'm sorry. :(

********************************************************************************************

I'm so sorry@chrizzy8. We hadn't heard back from you and we were already a few days into the challenge. We assumed because we hadn't heard anything that you were no longer interested so we filled your spot with someone on the waiting list. Sorry :-(

This challenge will run for the month of April and if successful we'll continue another one next month. If you're still interested you can join us next month. I had about 700 people interested in the challenge so if you're interested you'll have to sign up quick.

Again, I'm sorry.
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies and Gents! Popping to say Hi and also a quick question. If all of my teammates submit on the weigh-in page, do I need to follow up with anyone? Or @Serendipity0913 will you be logging their info from that page? Thanks!!
  • chrizzy8
    chrizzy8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

********************************************************************************************

I'm so sorry@chrizzy8. We hadn't heard back from you and we were already a few days into the challenge. We assumed because we hadn't heard anything that you were no longer interested so we filled your spot with someone on the waiting list. Sorry :-(

This challenge will run for the month of April and if successful we'll continue another one next month. If you're still interested you can join us next month. I had about 700 people interested in the challenge so if you're interested you'll have to sign up quick.

Again, I'm sorry.

No worries, I understand! Thank you for being so organized and considering everyone. Not an easy job! How did you decide to run this challenge? Do you work in the weight loss industry? Would love to hear more about you!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    chelekaz wrote: »
    For the Bod Squad, I ended up hearing from Giles and Shauna after midnight (Shauna posted in team thread, Giles sent me a message) so should an alternates not respond, we have those 2.

Giles and Shauna are both in the game now

Thanks so much. Sorry I was away this weekend. But I"m back and ready to pump up the team! :)
  • Serendipity0913
    edited April 2016
    Options
    chrizzy8 wrote: »

Again, I'm sorry.

No worries, I understand! Thank you for being so organized and considering everyone. Not an easy job! How did you decide to run this challenge? Do you work in the weight loss industry? Would love to hear more about you!

Thanks for understanding @chrizzy8 . You can still continue to follow along with your team. You can still get the benefits of support, encouragement and accountability by weighing in. Your numbers may not count but at least there's accountability. If this month is a success then I will continue next month and you'll already have made relationships with others.

To answer your question, no I'm not in the weight-loss industry I work as a Regional Operations Manager for the Eastern half of Canada. I chose to start this challenge because it was something I desperately wanted and needed myself. I did a search and didn't see any other challenges that fit what I wanted so I decided to start my own. I have been blown away by the interest. I had just under 700 responses from people that were interested. What started as 5 teams of 10 grew to 5 teams of 15 and then eventually 10 teams of 15. I had to cap it at that point because I didn't want to get so big there wasn't a personal touch any longer. Like I said, I'm planning on doing it for future months. I'm finding the accountability to the group is keeping me focused. Afterall, if I quit, I'm affecting a lot of other people. I love seeing the success in others. Keep with us, I'd love to lose with you :smile: