Joe's Official Weight Maintenance Thread (2016)

arguablysamson
arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
edited January 2017 in Social Groups
You all have been so good about updating your progress that I decided it was downright out of place for me to not follow suit. So beginning this year, I'm going to be doing my weight updates here instead of doing just a current monthly weigh-in on the main OMAD site.

January: 205.6 lbs
February: 198.4 lbs
March: 194.8 lbs
April: 196.2 lbs
May: 198.6 lbs
June: 191.2 lbs
July: 199.8 lbs
August: 207.2 lbs
September: 198.6 lbs
October: 195.2 lbs
November: 201.8
December: 203.4

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    When did you first get under 200?
  • arguablysamson
    It was April 21st of 2014, if I remember right.
  • blambo61
    You've done great with your maintenance!
  • arguablysamson
    Thank you. I just wish I'd kept records better.
  • arguablysamson
    Thread has been updated. I'm currently taking some time off the weights to ease my joints. Only about a week though.
  • blambo61
    How's the knee prognosis?
  • arguablysamson
    Not bad. Turns out, I have the knee of an old guy, a really old guy. Advanced arthritis from an old injury I wasn't aware of, doc says. That's it. He's going to be giving me Synvisc-One, which will be two injections, one every six months. I can live with that. Traditional steroid shots just don't work for me.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Hi Joe~

I'm sorry to hear about your injuries, and your attitude about it is so winner like. There's this guy, named Adrian Bryant has some truly innovative ways to exercise using household stuff and more. Here's a link that you may find super helpful and I hope you can take advantage of some of the things he has here, all for FREE!

5 Ways to Keep Losing Weight (exercise/build muscle) While You're Injured
    http://www.nowloss.com/lose-weight-while-injured.htm
  • arguablysamson
    Thanks.

I'm good. Just hoping to drop back into more dedicated fasting to ease the inflammation (and for peace of mind). :-)
  • blambo61
    edited August 2016
    Sounds good for the fasting. Hopefully that and the meds help. Also you know about vinegar. Good luck.
  • arguablysamson
    So here is what I will be getting on the knee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My-_nO4A9C0
  • OMADing1
    edited August 2016
    I watched the video and it sounds wonderful, though I'm sorry you're experiencing this, I'm glad there is a shot that can help! Pls. keep us posted on how your knee is doing.

I looked up some "country folk" remedies and found this info, just FYI:
    http://everydayroots.com/arthritis-remedies
  • arguablysamson
    edampu wrote: »
    I watched the video and it sounds wonderful, though I'm sorry you're experiencing this, I'm glad there is a shot that can help! Pls. keep us posted on how your knee is doing.

I looked up some "country folk" remedies and found this info, just FYI:
    http://everydayroots.com/arthritis-remedies

Thanks again. I actually don't have much arthritis. The natural remedies (I've tried a few) have had no effect for me. And it makes sense. This, the doc believes, is from being a big guy for so long and doing some damage I didn't realize--only to have it now act up on me in an inflamed, localized way. I've heard lots about it with knees and weight.
  • arguablysamson
    newmeadow wrote: »
    When you decide you're ready, knee replacement surgeries are 99% successful and the recovery time is really short. You'll be like 25 again :smile:

You talk from experience, aye?
  • arguablysamson
    Updated.

I went for a jog tonight. A nice, easy jog. Cleared the mile in 9 minutes and 38 seconds and I'm only slightly sore in the knee!
  • OMADing1
    Updated.

I went for a jog tonight. A nice, easy jog. Cleared the mile in 9 minutes and 38 seconds and I'm only slightly sore in the knee!

YAY!!! 1 mile in 9 minutes is simply tremendous--way to go Joe! So glad you're feeling better. As you would say "don't over do it". Listen to that knee now or you will hear from it later, for sure.
  • blambo61
    Nice! I still call a 9:38 pace a good pace! Are you trying to get back into running? Did you do any procedures or just let it rest for a while?
  • arguablysamson
    Just been letting it alone. Feels good and is only moderately sore the these two days afterward. I do really love it and am going to be cautious and see how far in I can get without setting myself back with injury.
  • blambo61
    Good luck!
  • arguablysamson
    Updated. 195.2 lbs for October. The month is off to a great start, with the exception of a big toe injury on the right foot that is quite annoying.