Show me your garden

Options
123457»

Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I don't think I updated! My garden recovered from the hail storm just fine.

My collard greens are darned near prehistoric, weighing in at an average of 250g PER LEAF!! My swiss chard and kale is growing faster than we can eat it, and my tomatoes... well, they're taking over the sidewalk and then some. The tomato plants are a good 6 feet in height and just exploding everywhere.

All of my cabbages, however, have perfect round drilled holes in them. Pill bugs got every one of 'em! But at least it's keeping them off of my tomatoes.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I literally have cherry tomatoes everywhere!
    a4r746mjt9np.jpg
    wrbner29l3q7.jpg
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Panada_Poptarts, your collards sound like they are blue ribbon sized! That's awesome!

Wow @auntstephie321! Your garden turned out wonderfully! It's so good to reap from your hard work!

My attempts to grow are always a bust. I know it's the clay soil! We did try to line the bottom with a weed barrier, and the put some topsoil on top of that, but it's not enough to sustain the plants, and help them produce some healthy veggies! Would need to scoop out all of the poor soil, and replace it with some good topsoil, before I can have anything grow well. Maybe we can do this before next spring. Would take renting some heavy type equipment to get it done, but it can be done!

Would be cool to hear from @DittoDan to see how his turned out! As well as others! :blush:
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @karlottap we are all clay here too, it just doesn't drain well, that's why we did the raised beds this year. It was my final attempt at growing food and it worked lol
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I literally have cherry tomatoes everywhere!
    a4r746mjt9np.jpg
    wrbner29l3q7.jpg

Air mail cherry tomatoes in excess to Norman, please. ;) tomatoes are my favorite every veggie, fresh grown are the best. Blame my grandpa and his glorious garden when I was a kiddo! Lol