100% Challenge - Mon 5/23 to Until - Join Anytime!

Options
RogerToo
RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
This is a 6 week challenge.
New name goes here later :) As soon as I get to the other computer
It runs from Monday, May 23, 2016 to July,3 2016

The rules are very simple:
Use NS FOODS (or equivalent of your own foods following the NS guidelines)
100% water means at least 64 ounces
100% food & water every day.
*** 100% food means your NS foods for the day and all the add-ins on the NS Plan or
Staying on plan using NS Foods or using equivalent foods or all of Your foods that meet the plan requirements***
* For each day post your 100% in red bold along with the date so it's easier to update the spreadsheet.
(Example: 100% 01/19/2016 or NOT 100% 01/19/2016 )
* Exercise 3x/week but we won't track exercise; that is up to you.
* Post as often as you can! DAILY is BEST!
* Have fun, ask questions, answer questions, help where you can, give support...get support!
* Weigh-in day is SUNDAY (if you need a different day, just let us know)
Post your weigh-in, how much you lost or gained or if you maintained.
(example: WEIGH-IN: 180.2 or Lost 1.5 pounds)
* Set a goal of what you want to lose over the next 6 weeks.
(many of us make a ticker to track our progress)

JOIN US ANYTIME!
ALL ARE WELCOME!!
NO CUT-OFF TIME FOR JOINING

"Welcome" to new challengers and "Welcome Back" to those returning to the 100% Challenge.

More to come later

Replies

• RogerToo
    Options

05/23/2016 100%

Hi
    I stopped at the 7-Eleven as they have the cheapest Coffee on the outbound of my walk +7400 steps. It drizzled very lightly for a few blocks on the way to get my coffee, then on the inbound as I was starting the last three blocks it started drizzling again, it was a little heavier by the time I reached the house, Not enough to make it worth pulling the Umbrella out of he pocket however. Then around the house to Kill more Tent caterpillars, especially the ones that had climbed onto the new Apple Trees :)

The rain is not hard enough to get the ground under the trees wet yet.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/24/2016 100%

Hi
    No walking today :( Yesterday I was fine until sometime between noon and 2PM. I got up from my chair at then and my ankle was hurting like the dickens. It does feel much better this morning however It is still a little sore so I am taking the day off from walking. I have no clue what happened or why either, One of life's little mysteries :)

Enjoy Your Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/25/2016 100%

Hi
    I decided to sty home today instead of walking as I did have a little bit of pain last night towards the end of the day in my ankle. Tomorrow I get back out, hopefully early as we head into summer temperatures. Latest forecast that I saw this morning is for 80s thru Tuesday.
    The front porch thermometer is already showing 73 degrees at 7:30. My prime walking temperature is around 60 :)

Time for Caterpillar patrol after I finish with MFP and before Breakfast. Them Things can move pretty fast.

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/26/2016 100%

Hi
    I went out walking this morning, Not walking was killing my weight :(
    6700 steps to ease back into walking. Hopefully my Ankle will be OK.
    The temperature was in the low 90s Yesterday in parts of NJ, This morning was 8 degrees warmer and more humid than yesterday for the same time. The Living Room was 77 degrees already so I have turned on the Wall AC. When I walked in the Sunlight I could feel the heat too.

I had the new dinner entree Black Bean Polenta Enchilada with White Meat Chicken 250 calories last night, It was OK. Not as hot as I was afraid it would be. On a par with the Southwest Fiesta Melt lunch melt and I do order a couple of those each order for the variety.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/27/2016 100%

Hi
    Despite getting out an hour earlier than normal I am running late today posting and may easily run out of time shortly. If I miss anybody/anything I will finish up tomorrow :)
    Currently at 9500 steps. It was HOT out there this morning, I could really feel the heat of the sun when I was in the sunlight. Then after Breakfast My Brother & I took out a small tree 1.5 to 2 inches that was growing between the back fences. Using a electric Saws-all AKA Reciprocating Saw and a wood blade we broke it down into manageable pieces into a plastic tub to fit into the car cleanly and finished the job with a Recycle Leaf bag and disposed of the dearly departed at the recycle center.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/28/2016 100%

Hi
    It was somewhat cooler this morning than Yesterday, a Whopping 2 or 3 degrees, Whee. Today's weather looks like a rerun of the last two days until this afternoon When that Tropical Storm from down South moves in, it is currently forecast to last into tomorrow Afternoon. Thus the Picking up the fruit today. There goes tomorrows holiday for many in this area :(

I got out the door early 6:30AM and shortened that green strandy weed that covers the lot around the house on my return, 8400 steps total :) On the way back home I stopped and picked up some assorted types of Apples, a head of Lettuce, 2 Green Pears, 3 Greenish Bananas. I would have skipped the Bananas if they had not been fairly green :)

Have a good Memorial Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/29/2016 100%

Hi
    Well I did it, I walked today 8200 steps so far. I need to check and see if our towns memorial Day Parade is cancelled, many here in NJ are cancelled for today due to the rain in the forecast. According to the Weather report this morning we have had .8 inches of rain overnight. No rain while walking, I did take the big umbrella along just in case.

Have a Great Memorial Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    05/30/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It is warmer already compared to yesterday and the promised drop in humidity has not happened yet. I was out walking and picked up the cloth AKA Handkerchief I dropped yesterday and said I'm not going that far when I realized it was not in my pocket. Sure enough there it was just sitting there waiting for me to pick it up. I keep it in my pocket to sit on if/when I stop for a minute or two to clear my nose. Most of the routes I walk have places that van be used to sit and relax if needed. They also come in handy as a place to dispose of anything that needs it as some of them have City garbage cans :) IOWs when I see garbage / Litter I have been known to pick it up and dispose of it that way. I carry a plastic grocery bag in my pocket when I remember to replace the last on I used up for that purpose. Some of the City cans scattered around have a recycle can next to them otherwise on recycle pickup day I just chuck recyclables into a handy recycle can.

For anybody the is working, Have A Great Back To Work Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/31/2016 100%

Hi
    7200 steps in what is somewhat warm already. It was fine in the shady areas and too warm in the sunny parts of the walk today. A slight breeze helped somewhat. Today is forecast to be a little cooler than yesterday.

Yesterday we mailed a combined care package to our sister on the west coast. My portion had the DVDs and Thumb drive of the first batch of Videos I captured and worked on for my Sister. DVDs for her and Apple format for her Kids. We used a Post Office Flat Rate Box. My Brother stuffed it with things that we get easily here and not at all out there. Pork Roll, Frozen and Shrink Wrapped and Yes it will be fine as it was insulated too. Some Coconut covered Marshmallows, Home Made Chocolate Balls covered with Powdered Sugar, shelf stable package of Stuffed Cabbage Leafs, since there was room and the price is the same for a Box of feathers or Lead weights :)

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

06/01/2016 100%

Hi
    7100 steps and 1 Cent while walking. I stopped at the Grocery Store on the inbound leg of my walk and picked up a head of Lettuce, 2 Green Pears, and 4 Semi-ripe Bananas since I ate my last one before I walked. I looked for greenish ones as they ripen fast at this time of year and the riper looking one will be fine tomorrow morning. I was able to pick and choose for color and size as there was a selection of loose bananas laying among the bagged ones :)

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

06/02/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    I haven't headed out yet for my walk, It is drizzling outside and appears from the weather report that it should be out of here on a while. Front porch in the mid 60s so that will be OK today.

Have a Good Friday & enjoy the upcoming Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

06/03/2016 Not 100%
    Not Bad, I ate an extra Orange :)

Hi
    I have Been out walking, 7200 steps. It is 70 degrees out at 8:40AM and must be humid as I was starting to sweat on the inbound leg. I have thrown the Free Dunkin Donut that came with my coffee in the freezer, Later That Glazed Donut will join the free French Cruller from the other day in a Vacuum sealed bag once it has frozen so as to not get crushed for later consumption either by me or friends. The AC units are already running on all the floors, The Living room was up to 75 and the second floor was up to 80 according to my Brother, There goes the electric Bill :(

Something is in the air that I seem to be allergic to, I suspect it is that plant that is in bloom right now and giving putting a sweet smell in the air.

Have a Great Saturday, Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

06/04/2016 100%

Hi
    I was out walking starting at 7:30 until 9AM 7900 steps so far, More later when I go to the Supermarket. The Sky is covered with a heavy layer of clouds with heavy rain and some stormy winds for later today. I did take the folding Umbrella along in my pocket, just in case, fortunately I did not need it :)

Breakfast shortly, a Frozen NS Cinnamon Roll and a NS Chocolate Protein Shake to finish the breakfast. The Banana was eaten before I went out the door it was 178 grams in weight before peeling it. Monday I will most likely make a local Grocery Store Run for Bananas and other fruit unless the ShopRite has nice green Bananas as I still have one more left for tomorrow before I go walking and two days worth of Apples and Navel Oranges.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

06/04/2016 100%

Hi
    I was out walking starting at 6:50 until 8:25 +17 cents, all pennies from within a 6 foot stretch of sidewalk & 7100 steps so far. The Overnight Temperatures dropped by a whopping 0.3 degrees from 1:30 to 6AM, It seems Summer is here now. 66 degrees when I left, The Living Room was 77 degrees so I turned on the Wall AC before I left to get a start cooling that floor of the house. It is supposed to be in the upper 80s later on today for a High, Likewise for tomorrow :( There Goes the Electric Bill with two 220 Volt AC units and one 110 volt AC running today.

Breakfast shortly, a Frozen NS Cinnamon Roll Again and a NS Vanilla Protein Shake to finish the breakfast. The Banana was eaten before I went out the door. I stopped at the local Grocery Store for an assortment of Apples, 1 Gala, 1 Fuji & 2 Granny Smith. I picked up three greenish Bananas and four Navel oranges at the ShopRite Yesterday so I am good for fruit for three more days on Bananas and 4 more days after today for Other fruit.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

06/06/2016 100%
    Correction for yesterdays post, the date was wrong it was for the 5th.

Hi
    I was out walking starting at 6:25 until 7:55 and 7100 steps.
    69 degrees when I left, The Living Room was 77 degrees on my return so I turned on the Wall AC. It is supposed to be in the mid 80s later on today for a High, Tomorrow will be cooler. There is a chance of rain later today and at some point Wednesday. It was not too bad walking as I was out the door somewhat earlier than yesterday and once again I stayed on the shady side where possible. It was starting to feel somewhat warm when I had to walk in the sunshine.

Breakfast shortly, Cereal 110 calories with 4 oz of 1% milk 50 calories and sweetener and a NS Coffee Protein Shake to finish the breakfast. The Banana was eaten before I went out the door.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

06/07/2016 100%

Hi
    I was out walking starting at 6:55 until 8:05 and 7000 steps.
    The weather report showed it as 11 degrees cooler than yesterday when I left. It is supposed to be in the mid 70s later on today for a High, Tomorrow will be slightly cooler. There is a chance of rain later today It was not too bad walking either. I stopped at the Grocery Store for a head of Lettuce and bought a La Yogurt light 90 calories to try as it was 59 cents minus the Wednesday Senior 10% discount of 5.9 cents :)

Breakfast shortly, Cereal 110 calories with 4 oz of 1% milk 50 calories and sweetener and a NS Chocolate Protein Shake to finish the breakfast. The Banana was eaten before I went out the door as usual. For the curious I rotate 5 different cereals so that I have a different one each day. I did select them to be whole grain and reasonable statistics as well as portion size for the 100 to 110 calories. A example would be Multi Grain Cheerios rather than regular Cheerios. Maybe Next week or two I will stack the Senior Discount with a coupon that gives $1 off of two boxes and stock up. 50 cents Plus 10% off seems like a reasonable price to me :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

06/08/2016 100%

Hi
    I walked a little longer than usual 8K Steps + one Nickel. I picked up one Banana as the ones I have from Yesterday are still nice and green and will not be ready to eat Friday Morning and a Loaf of Pecan Raisin Bread 90 calories to try as a Smart Carb at the Produce store, then I walked over to the bank and killed a few minutes until they opened so I could cash a check to refill my cash on hand for any needs.

The weather is cool today too, Cooler than Yesterday

Just for fun, Can You name the alternate version of this tune? Answer canhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9EC3Gy6Nk
    be found by clicking the spoiler button.
    "God Save the Queen" (alternatively "God Save the King")
    In the United States, the melody is used for the patriotic song "My Country, 'Tis of Thee."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKZg_ZB4SkU
    Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

06/09/2016 100%

Hi
    I stopped at the Grocery store while walking + 7700 steps, While there I picked up 4 different types of apples, 4 Navel oranges and a Banana for tomorrow as the green ones are taking their sweet time turning yellow. With my luck they will go yellow today into tomorrow morning :)

The weather is slightly warmer than yesterday and was great walking weather, Spotty showers in the forecast for Saturday later in the day.

Today's Breakfast, The Banana I ate before I went walking, Cereal with 4 ounces of 1% milk and sweetener 160 calories and a NS Coffee Protein Shake.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

06/10/2016 100%

Hi
    It was cool when I started out walking + 7900 Steps and 1 Cent. On the inbound leg around 6200 steps I started feeling warm so I pulled off the thin long sleeve shirt and put it in my pocket for the remainder of the walk.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

06/11/2016 100%

Hi
    It stayed warm overnight, it was 79.9 degrees at 2AM and it was still 76 degrees and humid at 6:20 when I went out the door. The only thing that helped was staying on the shady side of the road and a intermittent breeze. 7500 steps and one Penny.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger