100% Challenge - Mon 5/23 to Until - Join Anytime!

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

07/20/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It was 69 degrees out the door with 93% Humidity this morning + 6100 steps. Despite the humidity it was not too bad walking, out the door at 6:25 with a slight breeze that sadly went away :(

I walked past the Wild Berry patch looking for Raspberries, Not much luck this year the few that are there are small and Bitter this year, Last year the were delicious. I am lucky to be getting a few from the newly planted in the back yard Raspberries. Not super huge but tasty and since this is the first year nice to get. Yesterday I 7 or 8 from there to go with the others I have had from the plants recently. It seems they like the soil as some of the are really tall. They started out short and the tallest is now over 6 feet tall :) I think I got lucky with the one that some critter broke over. I Planted a stake and tied it up and so far it seems to be doing OK.

I had about 60% of my daily Banana before I left for the walk, Right now I am drinking my Strawberries & Cream Protein Premier Protein Shake Bought at CostCo on a previous trip, 30g Protein, 160 Calories and 5g carbs. Yesterday I had a NS Vanilla Protein Shakes with a really ripe Banana blended in as a My Mid-morning PF + SC Snack. Later on around 9:30 I plan on having the balance of my Banana in my Breakfast Cereal. In case anyone is interested that will be Multi Grain Cheerios with Sweetener 110 Calories and 50 Calories of Dollar Store 1% milk :)

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

07/21/2016 100%

Hi
    I got out somewhat late for my walk + 8100 steps, Happily no pain today so I went further :)
    It was 74 degrees out the door and for the overnight low temperature. I did work up a light sweat on the inbound leg.

Here are a couple of versions of this song. I like both of them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSb273c9tm4
    and
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfo1kwtQOeQ

Here is a clue to the Singer of the second version.

Have a great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

07/22/2016 100%

Hi
    I managed to get to 8700 steps for the morning despite the weather being on the warm side. It was 79 to 80 degrees depending on whether You believe my Remote readout of 79.4 or the local Cable news channel display of 80 degrees :) Either way it was OK until part way into the walk. I wonder if the Coffee contributes to feeling warm?
    They say that today will be the hottest of the year so far :( Well above the average for us. Not as bad as further south or west, still slightly under 100 degrees.

I managed to hit 10.3K steps by Bedtime yesterday, It has been a while since I managed that. I suspect I will match or exceed that today :)

Both my Brother and I have noticed that Sugars make us feel warmer too. Therefore The only Sugar before my Morning walk is the 1/2 Banana I eat before I leave the house. In the Winter I eat the entire thing.

Have a Really Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

07/23/2016 100%

Hi
    For those of You with a Shoprite nearby the Circular that starts today and runs through Saturday had some Super Coupons in it. Example with a $25 dollar purchase, Butter at 2 for $3, 5 pound bag of Potatoes for $1, SR Brand canned Chicken or Solid White Tuna as a Buy 10 and pay 77 cents per can any over 10 will be $1 each, a Good price and Chicken legs and Thighs for $0.29 a pound. It doesn't get cheaper. As always with their Circular You also need their key tag.

I managed to be at 10.1K steps by bedtime yesterday. So far today I am at 7900 steps, I would have gone further except for my Grocery Store stop where I picked up a refrigerated food that I wanted to get in the Refrigerator despite that I wrapped in in a hand towel. I also Picked up two green pears, Five Bananas, a Apple, and a Nectarine to bring my on hand fruit in balance with the Banana quantity. I eat an apple a day at lunch, Keeps the Doctor Away :) The other fruit joins orange I had and the Apples I had on hand.

Today the weather was 74 degrees out the door at 6:20, a bit more humid so more less the morning felt the same as yesterday. Later today the Humidity is supposed to arrive and go high along with a forecast temperature of 97 for Monday. Saturday highs were in the 97 to 98 degree range here in NJ.

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

07/24/2016 100%

Hi
    I'm at 7982 steps currently, Yesterday when I checked before retiring I was over 10K steps, 10,003 to be exact o:)
    The weather today is predicted to be the highest Humidity of the heat wave. It was 80 degrees at 6AM :( There is a forecast for Thunderstorms around the state later in the afternoon. South of me in the Trenton / South Jersey the weather report was showing rain at 6AM too, They said mainly south of I-195. When I left the sky was dark and threatening looking by the time I returned home it was clearing and the sun was breaking through and it was feeling uncomfortable and the breeze had died. When I left out the door at 6:25 despite the temperature and humidity it was comfortable with a nice cooling breeze.

A simple I hope question. Does anybody know what the flower in the picture is? You can get a idea of scale by looking at the Electric meter I left in the picture at the top.
    L6sMpx.jpg

In a humorous vein as well as it is so true.
    ohHzLx.jpg

Have a Good upcoming week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

07/25/2016 100%

Hi
    Shortly after I posted here in the afternoon we lost power, It came back and I microwaved my Veges and Dinner Entree, Moments after the MW beeped the power went out for another 2 hours :( The skys opened up and the wind blew pretty good. The power did not go off until after the rain was nearly finished.

I got out walking around the usual time 8,100+ steps, The outside temperature was better than Yesterday at 74 degrees. Multitudinous small branches down all over, One bigger branch that blocked the sidewalk on the inbound leg of my walk. I heard from another walker I talked to that a nearby street had lots of tree damage too.

If You refer back to the flower picture I was asking about previously shown here with a electric meter for size reference.
    L6sMpx.jpg
    and for comparison a picture showing a Rose of Sharon against a fence for a size comparison
    Gpvtka.jpg
    and
    unmK39.jpg

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

07/26/2016 100%

Hi
    I am currently at 8,343 steps + One cent for the morning. Yesterday I reached 10,3xx steps total for the day. The weather this morning was slightly warmer than yesterday and it does not feel a if the predicted humidity drop has happened yet.

I stopped and mailed three bill payments and at the Grocery Store. Today I Picked up nicely green Bananas to use once I use up the one left in the refrigerator. If they had been less green I would have only picked up one of the loose ones. I also bought two varieties of Apple, Bartlet Pears, a head of Lettuce, All safely in the refrigerator except for the Bananas. I stocked up today as it is 10% Senior Discount Day :) All that stuff made the Backpack a little heavy but being a frugal type I take advantage of discounts :)

My brother is a somewhat unhappy as he chased a rabbit all over the yard until I got away. He Caught it nipping off his Dill plants. Leaving a short stub sticking up.

Have a Really Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

07/27/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    I ended up with 10.3k steps yesterday, So far today I am at 7025 steps :) Around 10AM I will be heading out to the doctors for the follow up visit and to see if that X-ray showed anything.
    Wish me luck, It was 77 degrees at 6AM and humid. So far the plan is to walk there anyway and probably pick up a Decaf on the way home with a little ice in it to make it drinkable right away. I will adjust the route to the doctor to as short as possible or take a longer route based on how it feels when I get out the door. Tomorrow may be a different story according to the weather forecast.

According to my brother who went out and cleaned his AC filter while I was walking he needed a large blade to cut his way to the picnic table it was so humid :) His words were, I looked like one of the Three Musketeers waving my long blade.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

07/28/2016 100%

Hi
    I reached just over 12K steps Yesterday with the secondary walk to the Doctors when I got out of the house at 10:10, It was hot enough to be somewhat uncomfortable and more so on the return trip as it was warmer and I made a stop at the Produce store for a Head of Lettuce for me and Celery for my Brother, He also wanted Pine Nuts for his Pesto, They sold out until sometime today. He ended up going to the Grocery store and buying them as everything else was ready. The Grocery Store was more expensive too.

I Went for a walk today despite the rain, I managed to get to 7K steps despite that. The rain was light heading out and as it worked out harder just after the furthest point in the walk and some wind picked up too.

Here are some Tennessee Ernie Ford songs, I was listening to music today since I finished the Old time radio show I was listening to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K0l-xPhWzs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuLXRHZFAio&index=9&list=PL86F0405C271BD5BB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIo43SPH7es&list=PL86F0405C271BD5BB&index=18

Here is a link to a playlist of some songs by him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BtYlrWDVoA&list=PL86F0405C271BD5BB

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

07/29/2016 100%

Hi
    I managed 8500+ steps yesterday, That's what I get for getting out in the rain and not waiting for it to end, today 8643 steps already.

I did a quick look at the garden, evidently the other 5 Raspberries that had no fruit are really late fruiting, They have small Berries now and the other 5 are already done producing :)

75 degrees out the door and Rain in the forecast for later today moving in from the West across NJ.

While I was out I was listening to some Petula Clark that I captured from a LP, I paid a Giant 49cents for years ago still sealed, This is one of the Songs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8U7ExAt8Ys
    And This on by ABC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jiV0BsB590
    and two versions of this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRVzzQLCo_A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLLrHAB3X0

Have a Nice Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options

07/30/2016 100%

Hi
    I managed 10,800+ steps yesterday, Today I am currently at 6223 steps + 1.5 cents, I found a beat up 1/2 of a penny in the street :) I was out the door at the usual time too. It must be very humid as I have been out in this temperature before and I never sweated like I did today. 75 degrees out the door and Rain in the forecast for later today moving in from the West across NJ. Saturday the skies opened up for a while and then a steady soaking rain. nearby towns were in the 2.5" to 3.8" range for rain, other areas were higher or lower :)

No need to go watering the plants for a couple of days either.

I ran across this message thread yesterday:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10428180/halo-top-iced-cream
    and went to where You can buy online, They also sell other brands on this site FWIW.
    http://icecreamsource.com/
    I also found through their website http://www.halotop.com/ that it available nearby at the Kings Grocery store.

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

07/31/2016 100%

Hi
    I did 7200 steps, well 7178 to be accurate :) + 1cent. I was out the door A little earlier than usual. It is humid and was showing 72 degrees out the door, now I see it is showing 71 degrees. Slight chance of rain later, more north & south of me. Rainfall for Friday through Sunday ranged from just under 2" to 8" in a few areas. There was some flooding with the usual drowned cars due to trying to drive through the water.

My area as usual stayed flood free. Even when parts of town by the Brooks flood up over the road closing all but one way in and out of town this development stays flood free. The rain was not heavy enough to close any of the usual flooding suspects. We usually see severe flooding in this area from bad storms like Sandy,

Have a Nice Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

08/01/2016 100%

Hi
    I am sitting here posting while drinking my Protein Shake after doing 7400 Steps walking and Some Grocery Shopping during the walk. I Picked up Three Bananas, Three Gala Apples, and Three Nicely green Bartlett Pears. Later on I shall be going to to a nearby Kings to see if the Halo Top Website is accurate in that they carry their frozen products :) With Any Luck I'll be able to acquire several flavors to try and post a Mini-Review regarding them.
    It was 72 degrees when I went out the door. Yesterday was overcast the entire day, today it is supposed to burn off later. The walk was OK due to no direct Sun and a light breeze.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

08/02/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    Mini Review of the Halo Top Chocolate Ice Cream pint I picked up yesterday. The Chocolate Ice Cream was OK, Not as good as I had hoped however, Not my type of Chocolate taste. It was a bit of a weird texture fresh from the freezer, Letting it sit for ten minutes as was suggested in the message thread made it much better. The Good news is that eating 1/2 a pint is a lot of ice Cream. I may try a 1/4 pint of the other two flavors I picked up today or I may eat a 1/2 pint for my afternoon snack and for my evening Dessert :)
    I also picked up the Strawberry and a Lemon cake pint of each.

It was 10 degrees cooler this morning than yesterday for the same time, Whee!
    I got up to 10.5k steps yesterday between the usual walk and the running around.
    Today so far 7.3k steps and what a nice day it was while walking too. I suspect it will warm up quickly as there are no clouds in sight in the nice clear blue sky :)

Not to much on my agenda today either.

I had a email yesterday from NS touting new foods,

Penne Bolognese with Meat Sauce = not showing up for me yet
    Tiramisu 120 calories = was available to order
    Salted Caramel Brownie = not showing up for me yet
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie 140 calories = was available to order
    Stuffed Chocolate Pie 130 calories= was available to order
    The Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast 130 calories was not listed in the email but does show up as new and available to order.

I have created A La Carte Frozen order for those three, I am just waiting to see if the other two are Shelf Stable AKA Ready to Go before I do the frozen order. I plan to be over the $50 point that gives free shipping on the frozen order which is easy to do as I delayed my Auto Delivery order the maximum time period allowed by NS and can easily use whatever I order. I decided to order 5 of the Tiramisu, Baked Blueberry Oatmeal & Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie and not bother with the Chocolate Pie as I have several of those left in the freezer.

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I 10.6K steps on Wednesday
    Today I am at 9200 Steps and possibly that was due to the nice weather :) It was 65 degrees out the door and a good humidity level. I did not feel the heat of the sunshine until I was on the last two blocks of my walk. I was about a Mile out, somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of my walk when Mr. iPod stated in my ear Low Battery :) I knew it was getting close when I left so I took along a old AM/FM Cassette small portable just in case, It is old and the tape mechanism dies years ago however the radio section still works. I did not need it as the iPod kept on playing. However a little further on the controls stopped letting me pause playback or change the volume and trying to bring up the playlist just made it display low battery. That was before 7AM and it still was playing the playlist at 8:05, good to know too. It is now plugged in and charging.

Another Halo Top Mini Review
    I had planned to try a 60 calorie serving of the Strawberry Ice cream and another 60 calorie serving of the Lemon Cake ice Cream For my evening Dessert. The best made plans and all that. The Lemon Cake was so tasty before I knew 1/2 of the pint carton was gone and it took some will power to put the rest back in the freezer. I pulled it out 10 minutes ahead of time and let i soften up slightly.
    Oh well Tonight is another chance to try the Strawberry. My biggest complaint is that the ice Cream is not creamy, however it was tasty and that is what counts to me.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I did 11.3K steps on Thursday
    Today I am at 9076 Steps and possibly that was due to the nice weather :) It was 65 degrees out the door and a good humidity level. I

While I was walking I made my per-planned stop at the grocery store and picked up three Bananas, Three Apples and Two Navel Oranges as I had a few Tangerines left in the Refrigerator. I also picked up some Extra Creamy Redi-Whip to use with the NS Golden Pound Cake, Chocolate Cake, Fudge Brownie and Carrot Cake. I plan to use it as a Limited Extra, each serving is 15 calories :)

Another Halo Top Mini Review
    I had planned to try a 140 calorie serving of the Strawberry Ice cream 1/2 pint. The Strawberry was tasty and before I knew it the 1/2 of the pint carton was gone. I pulled it out 15 minutes ahead of time and to let it soften up.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger[/quote]
  • RogerToo
    Options

08/05/2016 100%

Roger

Hi
    Today I am currently at 8K Steps and I finished up yesterday at 10.8K steps.
    I forgot to mention that Yesterday I managed to find 11 Cents.
    The weather today is much more humid and 75 degrees out the door too. That is pretty much ten degrees warmer than Yesterday. The only saving thing when walking is that there was no Sun beating down on me and the forecast rain so far is south of me in the Trenton area AKA the state capitol. I have the NJ 101.5 FM radio station on and they are talking about a Stormy Saturday. So far a mostly cloudy sky and Thunderstorms this afternoon with high winds in places. Despite that it is supposed to get up to 85 -90 degrees as a high today :(

I do not have anything planned for today beyond having a NS Frozen Breakfast later on sometime after 9AM, So far I have eaten 1/2 a Banana before walking and the other 1/2 with a NS Coffee Protein Shake, So I have spread out my breakfast from 6AM to 7:50 so far and the Breakfast Entree still to come. Then at Noon my Midmorning Snack followed by a Lunch of a NS Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Vegetables, Light & Fit Greek Yogurt and one of yesterdays purchased Apples. Afternoon snack at 5PM and Dinner at 7:30, A NS Dinner Entree, Vegetables, Light & Fit Greek Yogurt and one of yesterdays purchased Oranges.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

08/06/2016 100%

Hi
    I managed to crawl past 10K steps yesterday by 20 steps :)
    Today so far I am at 8.8K steps, While I was out since my Brother asked for a head of lettuce I switched my planned route and stopped at the grocery store, since I was there a day before I had planned to be I also picked up a head of lettuce for myself, 2 Bananas, 2 Apples and 2 Bartlett Pears so that my next stop there will be Senior 10% discount day on Wednesday. I try and be flexible.... I also passed on the free Donut at Dunkin Donuts, Which broke my heart passing up free :)

Today's weather it was 68 degrees out the door and lower humidity, Whee! Much better weather than yesterdays 75 degrees for the same time of day and higher humidity. We did have a Thunderstorm go through yesterday that dropped a little over 3/10 of a inch so no watering needed for a couple more days.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Oops
  • RogerToo
    Options

08/07/2016 100%

Hi
    Today I am currently at 9.6K Steps & 12 cents, I finished up yesterday at 10.8K steps.
    Today's weather is slightly warmer at 70.1 degrees out the door and still a decent humidity, I am currently showing 72 degrees on the Front porch and it is supposed to go up around 90 later on today. I have nothing much planned today, some cleaning with shredding in the basement and getting the last box to go to the recycle center later this week :)

From the MFP staff here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10439749/upcoming-scheduled-maintenance-affecting-newsfeed-8-9-16#latest
    We have some planned maintenance scheduled starting the evening of Wednesday, 8/9/16 (PST) and will last 24 hours. This maintenance will affect the functionality of new likes and comments on the newsfeed.

Have a Great Week
    Roger