Check In

Options

Replies

• pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I'm SO sorry about your terrible luck lately. Glad your mom is there to support you! @VeryKatie I'm impressed you know so much about drainage!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I wanted to give a quick update on myself. As you may recall, we had a run of bad luck this year with my back problems, a hail damaged roof and 2 cars, a flooded basement and multiple doctors appointments and issues with my MIL that we had to handle for her including doing all errands and paying bills for her because she was blind and needed caterax surgery.

Well, Im now at the point where my back and leg are feeling much better, physical therapy and the steroid epidural has helped a lot. I’m not pain free, but so much better than I was. We are about to get the roof replaced (thank goodness for insurance!) that was really more of a stressor…why are there so many shady companies out there that do shoddy work?! The basement was dried out within the week of the flood, and we still need to pick out new flooring and paint and a company to do the work. That can be harder than you think with my husband, ha!
    The cars are fixed, but with all the separate deductibles we were sitting thousands out of pocket PLUS the cost of the upgrades that we were planning (like new attic vents, replacing all the gutters not just the damaged ones, upgrading from laminate to tile in the basement.) Its manageable, but stressful. I’m glad to be kind of on the other side of it all, where the stress isn’t crushing anymore and I know it’s all going to be okay.

Over the last month + I have really let myself go with what I eat and my activity level. My workouts are therapy based, but I am now cleared to go on walks and ride a stationary bike (that I don’t have.) My husband has had some medical issues too, so starting tomorrow we are on a low carb diet and healthy lifestyle. I’m taking baby steps and hoping these changes stick.

Until I get pregnant, I’m going to have eating rules, like:
    - eat within 30 minutes of waking
    -dessert only once a week
    -no eating after 8pm
    -no snacking, it’s okay to be hungry before meals
    -meal plan and prep every week

We are still ttc, and I am currently in my 2ww and cannot wait to join you pregnant ladies. If this month isn’t the one, I have more time to focus on getting healthy, which is not where I am currently at! My scale battery died, so I’m not sure how heavy I am but I will be remedying that this weekend!
    Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I'm so glad the stress has died down a little bit for you now! I hope you can try to find the fun in the redecorating aspect. I totally also hope this is your month for conception :) You still have time to work back some of the money you're spending so try not to worry too much about that. Things will work out!

It sounds like you have a plan to follow. Maybe trying to add in a little R&R time would be nice too.
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Kirstie155 This is really good news, and I'm happy you've made a plan. Now that the stress has decreased I'm sure making that baby is MUCH more likely. Sending baby dust your way for this cycle!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Thanks @verykatie and @pezhed My AC died yesterday and it was still 84 degrees at 10pm. Fortunately the repair man can come by today, so hoping it will be a repair and not a replacement. This week is going to be a scorcher. Drinking iced coffee this morning!

I have new batteries in my scale, and honestly the damage I thought I had done with all this stress eating is minimal!
    5/8: 194.5
    6/13: 193.8
    While it is certainly not the progress that I was hoping for when May started, I am so glad I didn’t do 10 pounds of damage in the wrong direction! I was thrilled when I got on the scale today! Started logging again (loosely) this week, and eating low carb meals like lunch meat and cheese roll ups, loads of salads, eggs, grilled chicken. Last night I ate a salad with a side of pickles and pickled red beets. So refreshing on a hot night with no AC!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Welp, weight was moving in right direction, then TOM visited. TOM left, but now I'm back where I'm started. I really should not keep a jar of Nutella in the house. I'm saying, it's just a bad idea. >.< Also, work gave me a fallen pound cake. It's perfect for breakfast, or would be if it were better for me. Heh.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I wanted to let you know I'm still lurking and reading all the posts even if I don't reply as often (it seems I did most of my reply writing at work... how am I still employed lol). I see many of you are ttc right now and wanted to send you all good luck and hope for fun baby making times ahead!
  • pezhed
    Options
    @VeryKatie we understand, and congrats on getting your 1-year paid leave! So happy for you, and jealous that doesn't happen here. Thanks for the well wishes and for giving us this group to babble TTC acronyms in without diving into the major babymaking forums!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie So good to hear from you! How are things going? I hope you and Keith are doing well!

My official update: Andrew and I got married on Friday! =)

I've been rather lenient on the dieting front since our trip in June and have basically given myself a free pass through tomorrow as it's technically our honeymoon weekend (though we opted to stay at home as we'd rather use the money to get a house) so I'm actually looking forward to getting back in the swing of things and hopefully start making some consistent progress.

How is everyone else doing?
  • pezhed
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Congratulations, Kayla!! So happy for you! What kind of wedding did you have? Was it fairly low stress? It's hard to lose around a wedding. So much else to focus on!
  • pezhed
    Options
    Also please post pics!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @pezhed Thank you Amanda! =)

(This will probably be a rather long response so I apologize in advance. haha)

In PA, you can have a self uniting ceremony (basically you don't have an officiate or anything like that and you do the ceremony yourself - non denominational) and so that is the route we took. Andrew's friend never got back to us about being our officiate and then we were just going to do the justice of the peace/courthouse but they changed how they run it so there was a chance we'd be sitting around for 5+ hours and not even get seen that day so we went with the self uniting option. (It ended up saving us money in the long run so it worked out.)

The wedding was very small, about 16 people all together and we had it at a park inside the shelter we rented. Unfortunately it wasn't low stress even doing it like this because the weather forecast changed and they called for thunderstorms that day during the time we would be doing the ceremony and reception so we had to come up with something else to serve instead of grilling out (we were just going to do a cook out/picnic) and ended up deciding on KFC - then there was some scheduling issues about who would be able to pick the stuff up because the shelter still needed set up and then someone needed to stay with our stuff because although it was a somewhat secluded area in the park, it was still open to the public and none of his family was available and everyone else already had things they had to do then there were some other odd and ends that added additional stress but all in all, it ended up working out and it was a good day. Even so, I was glad when it was over. haha

I've not had one picture yet that I've liked. I've never been very photogenic. haha. I will probably share the one with our rings though whenever I get it transferred to my computer.

As far as losing weight goes during the wedding process, I couldn't agree more.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Congrats Kayla!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Ahhh yay congrats on getting married Kayla and Andrew!!! That's so exciting. I'd love to see the picture of your rings :) too bad the weather wasn't cooperating with you. But you still made it tgriugh! A small wedding like tgatbsounds really nice.

Keith and I are doing good. He's laying on me right now. I'm getting a cough though and I'm kind of mad someone gave me germs! What if Keith gets it now :( Chris is back to work. Our fence is almost done.. . And it seems we've hired the flakiest contractor ever. They came one day last week for 3 hours, tore up the yard, and haven't come back. I'm disappointed.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Thank you! =)

@VeryKatie Thank you! =)
    I'm glad to hear both you and Keith are doing good! That sucks that you're getting sick! I hope Keith doesn't get it! How long did Chris have off? Can you call the contractor up to see what the deal is? I hope they get their act together and get it done sooner rather than later. That seems very frustrating.
  • pezhed
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit so sorry your day didn't go as smoothly as you would've liked. That's terrible that the weather messed it up so much. Now you can just enjoy being married! I look forward to seeing the ring pic :smile:
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Congratulations! I got married last year. I know what you mean about the stress and the pictures. Best wishes to you and Andrew. I hope you have a blessed first year together.

NSV: I can wear one of my favorite pairs of pants again without any button extender! I have not lost any weight, but apparently an inch has gone off my tummy. Hooray!

Trying to get away from half n half and use milk in my coffee to cut calories. I cut all beer from my diet too. (So has hubs.) Didn't get to the gym much last week due to AF kicking my butt. Have not been ONCE this week. Just sooo busy. I need to squeeze in the time and get up early. I just got my sleep schedule out of whack so bad last week, it's taking forever to get it back.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth Thank you! =) Awesome NSV!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I hope your back pain lessens soon and that surgery isn't needed. I hate to say it, but delaying ttc by a year if you need surgery might be ok if it means you're less worried about being pregnant. But I hope a better solution can be found! (Wrong thread?)

@Alioth yay pants! It's the best feeling when you can slip back into something again. I'm still in maternity pants. I also like your efforts with the changes to your typical coffee order. They're similar to ones I made in the past. I've gone from cream to milk to sweetener to black. The nice thing is now I feel like I can choose my coffee order to match my mood/taste of the day and enjoy it many ways. It's so hard cutting it down or out when pregnant lol.

@WifiresGettingFit Chris took 2 weeks. Since he also built our fence during that time I regret that he didn't take more time off. I didn't recover as quickly since I had less nap time. We have been calling the contractor and that's what bugs me most. They should be calling me not the other way around.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie You're right that it should be the other way around, it sucks that they aren't doing their part and getting their work done.