Just the Basics June: Week 1 (6/1-6/7)

Options
123457»

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Slimzandra_ my social thing went exactly as planned - except right after I went out and did a 2500 cal binge. For no reason that i can think of at all! Drat. Fortunately I think there is only dance night this week. So it's another chance to get in the swing. As of today when I got up I'm right back to keto. Really feel like I'm rebelling about something - wish I could suss out the cause and move past this particular social glitch thing. this pattern has overstayed itself.
    Anyway, I'm stickin with it. Just about to go out for a walk. Painted a landscape today. Facebooked. Talked with a friend. So - living well.
    Which really is the end game of this weight loss journey to me. Being connected, feeling and looking healthy, having a good bit of fun. Maybe even a love someday. Not just about the poundage itself.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    6/8/16:

SW: 145.8
    CW: 145.2
    GW 140

Enough water: yes
    Meet 6k+ steps: Yep!
    Log meals: yes
    Carbs under 75g total: yes
    oh! And take all my meds: yes
  • saltysailors
    saltysailors Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    June 8

Week 1 done! I Have no idea if I'm losing any weight...my scale quit..but I'm sure it would Just be water anyway ;)
    Wine I had last night didn't leave any bad effects....yay!!!

Water-yes
    Carbs 23(but it was only 4%) wondering if it was too low?
    Sodium- yes
    Taking magnesium tonight before bed
    Calories- under.....maybe a little too low
    Exercise-nope- working on prepping house for paint....lots of scraping, caulking and going up and down a ladder
    Working on a menu since I will have a house full of non-low carb guests for the weekend
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Started properly on the 4th June

SW: 294 (Dec 2015)
    GW: 140

30th May - Weight - 255
    9th June - CW: 248

8th June - Daily Goals

Meds/supplements - yes
    Under Cals - yes
    under 50g carbs - yes
    feeling totally in Control and starting to get my energy back - didn't give in to the stress eating I would usually do when I am feeling bad and have lost loads of weight this week (although I know it is mainly water weight) it still feels awesome.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    6/8:

SW: 249 in late March
    CW: 231.5
    GW: 150 ultimately

GW: for this week is 228

The sun is shining so I'll get to take my walk down the hill and back up again. I'm still planning the rest of my day but I'm sure it will include some batch baking and batch cooking. Yesterday I wen't shopping and bought some staples like Coconut Oil and Agave, neither of which I've ever used before so I'll have a day or two of hunting recipes and trying new things.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @elize7 - Sorry to hear about your after party splurge. Probably a bit stress related. It's hard to get out there. For me it requires psyching myself up, which requires mental energy, then there's usually a let down. :s

Yesterday:
    Logged: great
    Water: : great
    Carb Goal: :great
    Exercise: 30 minutes - fast walk.
    No booze: YEA! I always feel so much better if I abstain. I wish I could do it more often.

Made a great dinner last night, having leftovers for lunch. I had some fresh farm grown asparagus - not woody like I get with the store bought stuff. So yum, with fresh parmesan cheese. I also baked some cheese for an after dinner treat. I don't know why cooking it 'til crispy changes the flavor so much, but darn it's soo good. kept it in moderation. Happy with yesterday's success.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Going to put up the new week thread soon. Stay tuned.
  • shanhen70
    shanhen70 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I hope its not too late to join the discussion group. I need all the help I can get. Figure out what I am doing wrong.

Here is where I am.

SW 211
    CW 153
    GW 125-135
    I am so plateaued right now. I want to figure out what I am doing wrong and what I can do for sugar cravings. I started last year after my 12 year old brother died. Yes I am 46 and my brother was 12. My father begged me to take better care of myself so he wouldn't lose me too. So I started. I've been up and down all year and have reached a major plateau. I hope you can help me. I need help in a BIG WAY!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Was doing fine til today. Got off track with homemade sour dough bread. One piece was not enough. Picking myself up and getting back on point for the weekend.
  • Magpie469221
    Magpie469221 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    shanhen70 wrote: »
    I hope its not too late to join the discussion group. I need all the help I can get. Figure out what I am doing wrong.

Here is where I am.

SW 211
    CW 153
    GW 125-135
    I am so plateaued right now. I want to figure out what I am doing wrong and what I can do for sugar cravings. I started last year after my 12 year old brother died. Yes I am 46 and my brother was 12. My father begged me to take better care of myself so he wouldn't lose me too. So I started. I've been up and down all year and have reached a major plateau. I hope you can help me. I need help in a BIG WAY!

They say to help with sugar cravings eat more fat another option if you really can't help but want something sweet sugar free jello with a little whip cream in emergencies or last resort because its not encouraged to eat on a regular basis bc it might become addictive is making your own fat bombs. There's sites out there I'm sorry can't remember them right now that have recipes i think one is I breathe I'm hungry? But that's another way to get more fat in and conquer your sweet cravings hope that helps. Sorry about the loss of your brother I know and understand I lost my sister when she was 7 and my brother Robert when he was 41 to cystic fibrosis. Its still hard but I know their not suffering anymore and I know their in Heaven with my parents and other family members. Just stay s positive as you can and take it a day at a time. ( lost my mom 2 years ago and have been struggling with my weight as well but I remind myself that my mom would want me to be healthy for my children and husband as well. Have a good day and keep pushing forward you are worth it
  • Magpie469221
    Magpie469221 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This week I managed to lose one pound but not surprised since I'm not able to workout as much because I pulled a muscle in my upper back shoulder area ugh! But did get in exercise mowing the yard yesterday aka with the help of icy hot and felt great when I was done but woke up today in pain and stiff again
  • Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you for adding me to the group! I’ve gained 20 pounds since giving up meat almost 10 years ago. My nutritionist explained it’s likely due to too many carbs. I’ve been low carb for almost a month now and am already feeling better and losing weight. This is my first challenge and it’s really inspirational to read everyone’s posts and see their progress! I think my biggest hurdles are cutting back on coffee and wine, increasing water and cutting out sugary snacks.

SW 147
    CW 139
    GW 120-ish
  • susanforrester5209
    susanforrester5209 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have not participated in a challenge before, just joined this, just started low carb 37 days ago

SW: 184.6
    CW: 164.3
    GW: 150

Logged:yes
    Calorie Goal: i am way under my goal calories, trying to stick to low carb and can't get enough calories
    Carb Goal (onlyVeggies):
    Exercise: walking and i do physical work with lifting a lot of boxes and such

how much carbs in veggies should you stay under? i have been trying for 30 that led to a rapid weight loss, how much is good for a day woman in her 60's with 15 more pounds to lose?
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @shanhen70 and others just joining, welcome. Our bodies take time to build and change. Wishing you success on your journey.

Me, back at work. I just consumed a punnet of new seasons cherries. I was craving sweets and lots to eat. Even eating 1/4 a bbq chicken didn't cut it. Better I ate cherries than a block of chocolate or other choices. First fruit in months! Perhaps vegan lunch was too small n left me hungry. Stress and TOM too. Poor score today but could have been worse given what I really wanted to eat n drink. 2/10.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    for those who have just joined, here is the link to the newest thread. Come join us. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10406589/just-the-basics-june-week-2-6-9-6-15#latest
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    BABetter1 wrote: »
    SW: 226
    CW: 207
    GW: 150

Goals:
    Log Daily
    96 oz water daily
    10,000 steps per day minimum

CW: 205

No trouble with logging daily. Mostly hitting my water goals except on Saturdays. Step goal is not happening for me. Maybe I set an unrealistic goal for myself . . . .
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    a mid month check in for me.

I am finding most days I can easily stay within 100 g of carbs, but a couple of days a week I seem to hit the 125 or even higher. Those days I am hungry a lot, the 100 g days not so much, I much better control. I will stick with my current goal of 125g but next month, I will be lowering that carb count.

I am new to low carb, so it is a learning curve for me. I really appreciate the information this group provides, makes it easier to transition to lower carbs, I had been around 250+ g per day before joining here. Thanks everyone for the support.