New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options

Replies

• larkin24
    larkin24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Really excited to have found EM2WL! I think I have tanked my metabolism with health issues and chronic calorie restriction! I am set up now to do my metabolic reset and I am more excited and motivated now that I don't have to struggle to eat only 1200-1400 calories plus get the protein that my body wants! I also have IBS so I need to eat real food! I am currently the heaviest I have ever been at 215 lbs and want to get down to 185- so 30 lbs to lose!
    Should I buy the starter kit or can I do this without the reference?
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    @larkin24 Welcome! Toddlers need 1200 cals a days. It is sad how we are pushed to believe that as grown ups that's what we need as well. I am so glad you are here and ready to change!

The Starter Kit is an amazing compilation of everything you need to start this journey. If you want everything ready in on place and just read without having to go from you link to another, it's the way to go. But it's is totally up to you. Have you gotten the free Quick Start Guide for a summary yet? http://training.eatmore2weighless.com/get-your-quick-start-guide/

I assume you already checked out our Start Here sticky thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10430416/welcome-to-em2wl-start-here#latest

Feel free to send us friend requests and your questions. We are here to help!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi @larkin24
    It's totally up to you if you want to buy the starter kit. All the info can be found on here and on the em2wl.com website.
    The starter kit is just handy to have everything in one place, in the right order and it's a great guide to refer back to.
    Glad you have found us and are looking to get that metabolism fired up again!
    It may be useful for you to look into doing a reset, you can find the info here;
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/

Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • scaryterry133
    scaryterry133 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I have been doing MFP for 3 weeks and lost 3 pounds, but always hungry! I have done WW and Whole 30. but have gained it all back again! I want to lose 10-15 pounds so I can look and feel better. Any help would be appreciated, starting to lose my motivation:(.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options

Hi @scaryterry133

Welcome to the group! Here is a reset guide that talks about what em2wl is all about.

http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/

You can calculate your tdee at the website too. If you've been eating below your tdee, increase slowly. You can change your body without being hungry all of the time! It will just take longer than what the dieting world tells us is a sufficient amount of time.

• TerezaToledo
    Options
    Welcome Terry!
    Being hungry all the time is not fun.
    Make sure you check our free quick start guide here http://training.eatmore2weighless.com/get-your-quick-start-guide/

Take your time going through the Start Her thread (below this one) and feel free to ask any questions!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL

• scaryterry133
    scaryterry133 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am down another pound! Thank you for the encouragement,I'm always wanting to rush perfection.
  • DiivaGiirl
    DiivaGiirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lisa and I am new to this group. I weigh 180 (not happy with that) and want to lose about 30 pounds. I feel that being on here and getting tips and help from others will help me to get to my goal. I have lost this weight more times than I can even count. So that is why I am here.
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi, I'm 36 yrs old, 5'3, and 145 now. I was 178 at my highest I'm 2014, lost 30lbs by restricting in 6 months, and even got down to 131 last year. Since then, it's been a balancing act between 3 day diets, binging, carb cycling, binging some more, and finally some old fashioned calorie restrictions. As I was plotting out my next failed attempt at weight loss this morning, I had a heart to heart with myself. I need to fix my relationship with food. I can't keep doing this to myself physically or mentally.

Although it's super scary, I know I need to eat more and undo some of the damage I've done. I already lift weights 3x/week and will be incorporating HIIT 2-3x/ week too. I want to start by increasing calories to 1550, then increase 50 more every few weeks until I hit my TDEE. This may be my messed up food brain talking, but if I do a slow increase to my TDEE, wouldn't I still be losing weight on the way, since I'm in a deficit until I reach the golden number? While I understand staying at TDEE for the reset, the thought of eating that amount right away and the weight gain may be too much for me to handle.

Let me know what you think!

Oh, and my current TDEE is 1900-2050, depending on the calculator. I know to adjust it with every 5-10lbs weight adjustment :)
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Welcome @DiivaGiirl and @sbl1881 ! Although eating more may seem completely crazy when all we hear from the old diet mentality is eat less, move more, it is the best way to achieve your goals and stay there for life. Any diet that is not sustainable will not be maintainable. Mending our relationship with food while changing the diet mentality is key to success.
    @sbl1881, yes, slowly increasing until you hot your tdee is the way to go. You could do 100 cals more instead of 50.

First things first, check out free quick start guide: http://training.eatmore2weighless.com/get-your-quick-start-guide
    Read, let the info sink in. Then go through the announcement thread named "Start Here", below this one.

Feel free to send us friend requests and more questions, we are here to help!
    Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • becomeabetteryou
    becomeabetteryou Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Reddy. I currently weigh 203 pounds and my goal weight is 140. I am looking for a life style change and eat right foods with proper nutrition.

Thanks
  • MarissaTriesAgain
    MarissaTriesAgain Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I paid for the starter kit this morning on my phone, I have my confirmation email with receipt number. How do I download the ebook and audio book?
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi
    About 2 weeks ago I found lots of great articles from Calorie Coach after reading every single one it clicked I've been steady gaining weight no matter how active I was and no matter how much I weighed and measured my food, until he recommended increasing my calories all based on calorie calculator on his site. The calculator said I should be eating 1822 cals 55-67grams Fat, 191-233grams Carbs and 95-117 grams Protein. I admit these numbers scare me and Ive only managed to eat 1600 calories but on the plus side im not hungry constantly and ive finally stopped gaining 2-4 pounds almost daily but, my weight loss has only been .4-.8.

Im glad I found a like minded group here. Can anyone tell me if my numbers seem right ? As one poster stated so many calculators all say different numbers.

Thanks, Grace
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @MarissaTriesAgain Welcome! There should be a link on the confirmation to click and download immediately. Check it out and let me know if you need help.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @Runngurl43 welcome Grace! I'm glad you found us! I know there are many calculators out there, but many will give close results. First is tell you to try the EM2WL calculator (sorry for suggesting another calculator) http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/

Without knowing your stats and activity level, I cannot tell if those numbers are right. Sounds like you were gaining while undereating and increasing your calories is a good call.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • MarissaTriesAgain
    MarissaTriesAgain Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    @MarissaTriesAgain Welcome! There should be a link on the confirmation to click and download immediately. Check it out and let me know if you need help.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL

The confirmation email I have does not have that link, it is just the emailed receipt from Paypal. I submitted a contact form on the em2wl website including my receipt number to try and resolve the issue.
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    Hi
    About 2 weeks ago I found lots of great articles from Calorie Coach after reading every single one it clicked I've been steady gaining weight no matter how active I was and no matter how much I weighed and measured my food, until he recommended increasing my calories all based on calorie calculator on his site. The calculator said I should be eating 1822 cals 55-67grams Fat, 191-233grams Carbs and 95-117 grams Protein. I admit these numbers scare me and Ive only managed to eat 1600 calories but on the plus side im not hungry constantly and ive finally stopped gaining 2-4 pounds almost daily but, my weight loss has only been .4-.8.

Im glad I found a like minded group here. Can anyone tell me if my numbers seem right ? As one poster stated so many calculators all say different numbers.

Thanks, Grace

I only gained when I increased calories, so I think stopping your gaining is a great thing!

You'll have to test out that number and see if it works for you. The calculator can only give you an estimate. Your tdee may be above that, especially if you are active. @Runngurl43
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @MarissaTriesAgain I'm sorry you are having issues. I'm sure our tech support will solve this issue soon. You should hear from them soon.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Stats: I work out 6 days a week (3) days are weight lifting full body (2) days are one hour cardio and I change this up by using the Arc Trainer, Eliptical or spin bike and I walk 5 miles everyday except Sat when I (work) I do manage 10 miles by the end of my night almost every night except Sat. I try to eat 1600 cals on my workout days however, my weekends I keep it around 1300 because my activity is lower.

Im 46yrs old /5'3 /152
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    Stats: I work out 6 days a week (3) days are weight lifting full body (2) days are one hour cardio and I change this up by using the Arc Trainer, Eliptical or spin bike and I walk 5 miles everyday except Sat when I (work) I do manage 10 miles by the end of my night almost every night except Sat. I try to eat 1600 cals on my workout days however, my weekends I keep it around 1300 because my activity is lower.

Im 46yrs old /5'3 /152

I think your calories are too low. The calculator at em2wl.com shows your tdee at 2404.

Do you do so much cardio because you enjoy it, or is it for weight loss purposes?