New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    saranharm wrote: »
    Please can you August me.
    I have been on MFP for three years. I lost 50lbs but have not shifter anything for 6 months. I am really desperate for those scales to start moving but no matter what I do nothing happens. It has been suggested any times that I should increase my calories, out of desperation I tried that for four weeks only to gain 4 lbs and I have only managed to remove 2 of those extra pounds, so my total
    Loss is now 48lb. I reall don't understand eat more to weigh less, do you have a mentor or buddy system as I don't understand all the figures you have to work out. I really hope you can help, I've even seen my GP about this. Thanks Carol

Sorry that should start 'help me!

@dejavuohlala

Hi and welcome!

Em2wl is a long term process. For example, I am 10 months in and up 21 pounds. I have a history of over a decade of disordered, yo-yo dieting.

Have you read http://eatmore2weighless.com/about-em2wl/ ? Or the other stickies on the top of this page?

Feel free to add me as a friend, or message me. I always respond.

Thank you for your response. Do you mean I am going to put on the weight I have lost???? I am finding it hard to get my head around this concept. Can you tell me how to get the figures I need to work out to start with or TDEE etc. Thank you for your help. Carol
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi @dejavuohlala
    Welcome to the group.
    Best thing is to start with the 'start here' stickies at the top of this page.
    You could get our starter kit which goes in depth into what you need to know about EM2WL and is packed with good information.
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/faqs/
    As you mentioned being stuck and not being able to break through that plateau, this would be an excellent read for you;
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/workout-or-diet-plateau/
    Anybody on here will help you with any questions or struggles you are having. We are here to help, it's a very supportive community. Glad to have you here.
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • danesgirl1313
    danesgirl1313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    My name is Trish , I'm 5'2" and weigh 166. I lift 4 times a week and pretty much do cardio everyday . my BMI is 27% . I'm trying to build muscle and loose fat . I've lost 12 lbs in 7weeks . Pretty much been doing a 1400 to 1600 calorie diet using Macronutrients. So many different things out there . I'm very confused on how many calories I should really be eating. I'm here because I need support and advice .
    Thanks for listening
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi @dejavuohlala
    Welcome to the group.
    Best thing is to start with the 'start here' stickies at the top of this page.
    You could get our starter kit which goes in depth into what you need to know about EM2WL and is packed with good information.
    As you mentioned being stuck and not being able to break through that plateau, this would be an excellent read for you;
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/workout-or-diet-plateau/
    Anybody on here will help you with any questions or struggles you are having. We are here to help, it's a very supportive community. Glad to have you here.
    Ichel

Hi Ichel

I'm seeing figures like TDEE , then cut figure, then deficit etc, when people are going through their reset. can you tell me what these figures are please
    And how do I keep a record of mine thx carol
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hi
    My name is Trish , I'm 5'2" and weigh 166. I lift 4 times a week and pretty much do cardio everyday . my BMI is 27% . I'm trying to build muscle and loose fat . I've lost 12 lbs in 7weeks . Pretty much been doing a 1400 to 1600 calorie diet using Macronutrients. So many different things out there . I'm very confused on how many calories I should really be eating. I'm here because I need support and advice .
    Thanks for listening

@danesgirl1313 hi and welcome!

Here is the tdee calculator: http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/

You won't be able to build muscle in a deficit though. Also, read the stickies in the group and the FAQ on the website.
  • Wiccandothis
    Wiccandothis Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tracy and I'm starting this again after having a baby a couple of months ago. Just wanted to introduce myself again even though I did this back in September (before getting pregnant). I'm not going to get into much detail here as I am going to make my own progress thread so feel free to friend me and follow me there :smiley:
  • kRiBBiTd
    kRiBBiTd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kristin! I'm 24 and currently 220 lbs. My short term goal is to get to 199lbs and eventually to 135-150lbs. I have been on MFP for a few years off and on, but in the past I've always done the low cal diet. I stumbled on one of the posts about the importance of strength training and eating enough to fuel my body. This is a whole new idea for me, but I am so ready to make the change to a healthier lifestyle.

I have found over the last week that I am struggling to eat even the 1400 cal goal that MFP originally gave me. So I am gradually upping my calories as I go. I'm trying to eat more protein (might have to start on some protein shakes) and cutting back on the easy access processed foods I've been eating my whole life. My goal is to do 3 strength training workouts each week with a two 20-30 min cardio sessions in between.

Always looking to learn more so any advice is appreciated!
  • chellebelle272
    chellebelle272 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hi im michelle madden and I love mfp heres my stats
    5;4 179 30 years old . ive been a yo yo dieter for probably 6 years I in june tried atkins and wanted to die and didn't loose any weight and then I tried a strict 1200 calorie a day diet and still didn't loose . I do jillian micheals body shred and jog 2miles 4 days a week I take wed off from any work outs sat a jog /walk 4 miles and on tues and Thursdays I walk 2 miles with my son unless its raining and then sunday we walk a 3 mile trail . and I was just so tired at 1200 calories and tired of the scale not moving so I got a vivo active hr + to monitor how many calories I actually burn so I don't have to guess and I try to have a 700 calorie deficit except on wed no deficit so im just lookin for people who might be in the same baot
  • empressichel
    Options
    Welcome @kRiBBiTd and @chellebelle272
    Glad to have you here!
    I would recommend you look through the stickies at the top of the group.
    Then also this has all the info you'll need
    And coming from a low calorie background you might find that a reset would be beneficial to you;
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    Just choose one thing to change at a time, and ask if you have any questions!
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • carlene7
    carlene7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Carlene. Just purchased and downloaded the starter kit. Not looking for a quick fix, but to get the proper education on how to lose long term. Want a support system and accountability partners. One question, should I start lifting weights when I begin the process of eating more? I plan to read the starter kit then begin eating more. In the meantime, I will continue to go to the gym and eat low carb until I feel like I know how to begin putting the starter kit into action:)
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    carlene7 wrote: »
    Hi. My name is Carlene. Just purchased and downloaded the starter kit. Not looking for a quick fix, but to get the proper education on how to lose long term. Want a support system and accountability partners. One question, should I start lifting weights when I begin the process of eating more? I plan to read the starter kit then begin eating more. In the meantime, I will continue to go to the gym and eat low carb until I feel like I know how to begin putting the starter kit into action:)

Welcome to the group! We do encourage lifting weights as soon as you are ready. Sometimes in the beginning, just learning about eating more and the whole process takes a lot out of us, so its ok to continue doing your regular routine until you are comfortable with the eats, then add in strength training.
    The only thing Id question is why you are eating low carb....

Definitely read through that starter kit and let us know if you have questions!
    Kelly
  • carlene7
    Options
    I don't even know why i'm doing low carb:) It has worked when I was in the mindframe of weightloss. This is day one for me, so switching my mindset to fat loss may take a few days. Also, I have lost many inches in my midsection, so I am wondering if I should be weightlifting with a large a stomach, I imagine that I would look weird at the gym lifting weights with a big midsection? @Raynn1
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hey Carlene.
    The sooner you can start lifting weights the better. A lot of people ask if they should wait until they are smaller, lose weight or like you have said you are concerned doing it with a large mid section. ( and I risk to bet that it is way smaller than you actually think it is and that people in the gym or so focused on just doing their own thing, won't notice it at all!)
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/youre-overweight-still-lift-heavy-weights/
    It's great that you are ready for a change! Take your time reading through and fully digesting the starter kit and focus on changing one thing at a time rather than everything all at once.
    Have fun with the reading!
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and moderator
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    @carlene7 as Ichel said the link given is a great one to read through. Big gut or not, you can definitely still lift weights:) Dont let it be a deterrent simply because your mind is telling you, "big gut = no weights" And no one ever cares what people look in in the gym. everyone is there for their own reasons and you shouldnt base your gym time on what you look like there. You have every right to be in the gym and take up space. Own it..
    Day one is awesome. Starting is the hardest thing... keeping going gets easier.
    Kelly
  • carlene7
    Options
    Thank you @Raynn1 have a beautiful day.
  • awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My name is Kasey and I am pretty new to EM2WL. I just turned 27 last month, love the outdoors, and really want to get fit enough to enjoy every aspect of the outdoors without being held back by my weight.

My girlfriend and I started reading up on EM2WL a few weeks ago and began eating more. I finally joined the group today and think it will be helpful to have some sort of support system.

As of this morning the scale said 207 pounds. My ultimate goal is to maintain a fit weight of around 200. Since starting to eat more and shooting for that 30% protein, my macros have been a lot more balanced! My current calorie intake is set to 15% cut at a moderate level of activity.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Welcome to EM2WL @notsosecretlytrans ! Good job on increasing calories and working your macros! You can definitely see lots of changes and improvement even if the scale doesn't move much.

Feel free to ask questions and send us friend requests!
    Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hey Kasey!
    Welcome to the group.
    Yes, when we consistently hit our macros and combine that with strength training, amazing things start to happen.
    Glad to have you here.
    Ichel
  • KSwana
    KSwana Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kas, I love eating (clean) food. The more of it I can eat, the better! But I still want to lose a bit weight and more importantly, tone up. I'm hoping this group can help me achieve it. Let's be friends!
    K x