New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options

Replies

• jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Welcome kas @KSwana

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi Kas! @KSwana
    Good to have you here. It's a great place for support.
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • Manda5352
    Manda5352 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm amanda I'm 27 I'm 198.6 right now I have already loss 44.6 lbs I need to lose 40 more lbs. I'm a mom of four 9,9,6,1 I have a fitbit too any advice will help and feel free to add me :)
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi Amanda @Manda5352 Welcome to the group!
    Have you read through the stickies at the top? That's the best place to start by checking out all the info on our website www.em2wl.com
    Let us know if you have any questions after you have read through them.
    Ichel
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kas and Amanda!
    First things first, go through the "New to EM2WL - Start Here" thread. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10430416/welcome-to-em2wl-start-here#latest Everything you need to start going through the process of getting your lufe back one meal at a time is there. Take your time, soak the information and get to work. Feel free to send us friend requests and questions, we are here to help, encourage and support you on your journey!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • wlk4fun647
    wlk4fun647 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Julianne, and I am on the Tranformation Diet. I have already lost 15.6 lbs and need to lose at least 50 more.
    I am retired and like to knit, walk my dog, and do water aerobics.
    At this point, I am able to eat 1,500 calories a day, which should be enough to not starve. :)
    I will begin weight training next week, plus my water aerobic classes, to help burn and sculpt.
    This is the most in control I've felt of my diet in many years and I have HOPE for the future.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @wlk4fun647 Good to see you here!
    We don't deal with any DIEt here at EM2WL but look at eating and moving as part of a LIFEstyle.
    Maybe you could eat more than 1500? Have you checked out your numbers on our calculator?
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/
    Good to hear that you are going to start weight training. It will have a transformative effect on your body and mind. Just be sure to eat enough calories to sustain your new exercise plan and focus on hitting 30% protein and you will do great.
    Please let us know how you get on.
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and moderator
  • LastChanceKY
    LastChanceKY Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, My name is Kenny and I live in Scotland. I've been a food addict for all of my adult life. In April of this year I weighed 436lbs. I decided there and then that I needed to do something as I had a holiday to Spain booked in September and I didn't want to asking the Air Hostess for an extender for my seatbelt. I downloaded MFP, bought myself a Fitbit Blaze and joined the gym at work. I set a daily calorie goal for myself of 2000 and logged everything that I ate and drank. I walked a lot and went to the gym for 30 minutes on the treadmill 3 or 4 times a week. When it got to my holiday I had lost exactly 50 pounds in 14 weeks and I managed to get the regular seatbelt fastened. On holiday I was all inclusive so overindulged and put 10 pounds back on. I've started seriously again and last week lost 2lbs.

I'm really quite unsure of how many calories I should be eating. I know that the experts say that 2lbs a week is a healthy weight loss but I feel as though I'm working really hard each week for a minimal loss. My fitbit stats tell me that I walk on average 40 miles per week. I burn 4500 calories per day. I don't want to have such a big calorie deficit that my body goes into storage mode but at the same time I feel full with the food I'm eating and don't want to add junk calories to my daily total. I'm really happy to find this forum. I have a long journey ahead of me but I've lost more than 150 pounds twice before and I know that I will do it again this time.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi Kenny. @LastChanceKY Welcome to the group!
    The calculator from the website will give you a guide on the calories you should be eating http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/ as does your fitbit.
    You don't have to eat junk to get up to your calorie level. However, this lifestyle has no off limits food, no cheat days, just include your favourites, in moderation, as part of a healthy lifestyle. When we eliminate our favourite foods completely because we have labelled them as 'bad' can lead to a nasty cycle of restrict/binge which gets you nowhere, in fact it takes you backwards, because each cycle of weight loss/weight gain actually changes your body composition for the worse http://eatmore2weighless.com/losing-weight-looking-fatter/
    So we are trying to lose fat with as little muscle loss as possible, while eating as much food as possible to keep our metabolisms firing!
    Do you include any strength training in your schedule at the moment?
    If you find it hard to get up to your calorie allowance, try adding calories dense foods like nut butters, avocado and have the full fat versions of items rather than the low calorie or diet versions e.g.. have the whole egg not just the white, have full fat milk, cheese, yoghurt etc.
    It may take a while for you to gradually increase your calories up, but you can do it! You can lose the weight, but this time, following this lifestyle, you will be able to keep it off, because you won't have to do anything extreme or anything you are unable to keep doing. That's why we call this a lifestyle! It is doable for life!
    Ichel
  • LastChanceKY
    LastChanceKY Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I will make a conscious effort to increase my calories over the next few weeks and see how my results fair. I was a Head Chef early in my career so I like to experiment with foods and flavours. I have ordered a good selection of lean meat and chicken breasts from an online butcher and have planned my meals for next week already. That's a great suggestion re full fat milk, cheese and yogurt to bump up my calories. I will try that.

My work gym has various weights, weights benches etc. but I haven't used them yet. Only this morning I had thought about getting onto weights and stop the treadmill because I'm still doing loads of steps throughout the day. A colleague at work is totally into strength training and has discussed the benefits with me. I just need to read through some of the guidance on here to make sure I am on track.

Thanks again for your reply. Much appreciated.
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Great Day All, My name is Lisa out of Massachusetts.
    I am a Dream Maker Marketer who enjoys all types of food immensely.

I am new and looking forward to this forum.

I had no idea EM2WL was more than just a group but a real organization to help resolve real life issues. I flipped through my Starter Kit last night and it's exactly the process I took in 2014 to rid my body of 40lbs. The things that I missed were the eating the moment you wake and strength training. I got side tracked and let the winter of 2015 have its way with me :-).

Living in Massachusetts there were literally no side walks to take my daily walks. There wasn't even enough street for the cars to drive two ways at the same time. One would have to wait until the other side passed. It was crazy! I joined a gym but since they have never been my thing, I didn't think about the end result. I focused on how much I didn't want to be there and the mountains of snow outside that was keeping me from what I enjoyed the most. So when I finally did get my home life back in order and spring rolled around, I never fully got back to that mental place. Slowly the pounds started to visit again and then they just moved in. They can't stay any longer. Walking is my favorite form of exercise with some jump roping, kicks, high knees and many other added intervals. Due to the excessive walking I have been doing over the last 15+years, my feet really need a break so I am considering joining a gym with a whole different mindset.

sw/cw: 215
    Goal: I will know when I reach it.

• empressichel
    Options
    Hi Lisa. @BusyB223
    Good start on getting the starter kit! It's packed full of info that will help you as you follow the EM2WL lifestyle.
    If you do join a gym, we have loads of workouts on our website that you can use http://eatmore2weighless.com/category/workouts/
    Ichel
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Annette, an Aussie who has been on and off diets for 75% of my life (scary!). I'm 50 and have had enough. I've regained all but 1 or 2 of the 25 kilos I lost a few years ago on WW. I've been tracking here on MFP for a few weeks (sporadically, but consistently for a week!) and have no troubles with consuming my TDEE and more! My vivoactive HR tells me my average TDEE for the last week was around 2150, so I'll be aiming to eat this for the next week. The calculator here says my TDEE is higher, but I'll see how I go at this level first. I'm hoping I get to eat MOAR FOOD! I expect to struggle to get eat all that protein as I abhor protein powder (I've tried a higher protein diet before and couldn't stand any I bought). Anyway, I'll start by trying to hit 100g a day and work from there. I used to weight train, it stopped. I'm a part-time Uni student, working full-time and doing a workplacement. Consequently I've packed on 6kg so far this year. Hopefully maintenance is around the corner... I have a great home gym, but am readying myself for double knee replacement next year, when my health insurance will cover it. Instead of squats and deadlifts, I'll cycle. But I will get back with the upper body training and whatever doesn't hurt. I'm in for the long haul... I've read pretty much every forum post, most blogs, through the website and even joined the gang on Facebook. It's been great reading over the last few days... cheers, Annette
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group @LastChanceKY @BusyB223 and @zanyzana !!!

As Ichel mentioned, our Starter kit is a great place to start with to get you going on your journey http://em2wl.com/starterkit/

We hope to help you out with any questions or concerns you may have along the way. Please feel free to read through our stickies on the main page for our group as they are full of great information to help you out!

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi Annette! @zanyzana
    That's great that you have checked out so many of the resources available!
    Have you checked out the workouts on the website? http://eatmore2weighless.com/category/workouts/
    And also the blog posts are a mine of information too! Like this one is really interesting, as you say you've been dieting for years! http://eatmore2weighless.com/losing-weight-looking-fatter/
    Glad you are here and look forward to updates on your progress.
    Ichel
  • atuchofpink
    atuchofpink Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Kabira. I just joined em2wl group yesterday. I'm 5'6" and I weigh 175lbs. I'm trying to lose 40lbs. I would like to deprogram myself from the what I consider to be my opinion of a "healthy lifestyle". I would like to start loving food again and stop thinking of it as the enemy. I would like to be in the best shape I can be. I would like to find out what meal plan and exercise plan will work for me and not try adopt the plan of another. I would like to love myself in my own skin again and not be so hard on myself.

Thank You
    Kabira
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    welcome to the group @atuchofpink
    Have you had a look at our starter kit to get you started on what EM2WL is all about? http://em2wl.com/starterkit/
    Please feel free to read through the stickies at the top of the discussions page to also give you a bunch of great links to help you get started!
    EM2WL doesnt have meal plans, if that is what you are looking for. Everyone is unique and what I like to eat may not be what you like to eat:) We do recommend http://yoursuppersolution.com if you are looking for meal plans to get you started!

Kelly
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi Kabira @atuchofpink
    Love your motivation for joining the group.
    From what you have said, this is definitely a good blog to read http://eatmore2weighless.com/eating-become-cheating/
    We are all about the message of loving yourself in your own skin, wherever you are in your journey right now <3
    This is a very supportive group, any questions, just ask.
    Ichel
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Raynn1 wrote: »
    Welcome to the group @LastChanceKY @BusyB223 and @zanyzana !!!

As Ichel mentioned, our Starter kit is a great place to start with to get you going on your journey http://em2wl.com/starterkit/

We hope to help you out with any questions or concerns you may have along the way. Please feel free to read through our stickies on the main page for our group as they are full of great information to help you out!

Kelly

Thank you for the welcome...
  • ThePRLady
    ThePRLady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new here and ready to lose weight and get active. Interested in meeting others in Chicago suburbs. I live near Vernon Hills. Looking to lose more than 50 pounds, maybe 70. Right now I am a couch potato but I have been athletic in the past. 51 years old. Love the concept of changing what I eat to eat more and weigh less. Will be getting book soon. Feel free to reach out to me in message or friend me if you have similar interests or tips especially if you are farther down this journey than I am! We can do this!