Options

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hey @jnttogether
    Glad you made it back to us!
    I will send a FR.
    Surrounding yourself with the best support system is definitely a winning strategy.
    I'm here to help and support and if you needs to ask any questions.
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • CamGoddess
    CamGoddess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm not new but I'm back after a long break. Looking for fellow eaters - need to see ppl who aren't surviving on 1,200 calories.
    Would like some friends, please add me!
  • Sherry0479
    Sherry0479 Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Sherry. 37y/o stay at home mom. Love weight lifting. I'm not necessarily new to EM2WL but newly back to using MFP to stay consistent. If anyone would like to be friends here please add me. I need MFP friends and support. :smile:
  • empressichel
    Options
    CamGoddess wrote: »
    Hi I'm not new but I'm back after a long break. Looking for fellow eaters - need to see ppl who aren't surviving on 1,200 calories.
    Would like some friends, please add me!

Hi @CamGoddess
    Good to see you made it back.
    I will send you a FR. I probably eat about 1200 calories before noon most days!
    Plus, right now I'm bulking so there is even more 'extra' in my diary than usual! ;)
    Ichel
  • empressichel
    Options
    Sherry0479 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. My name is Sherry. 37y/o stay at home mom. Love weight lifting. I'm not necessarily new to EM2WL but newly back to using MFP to stay consistent. If anyone would like to be friends here please add me. I need MFP friends and support. :smile:

Hi Sherry
    So good to have you here.
    This is a great place for support.
    Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
    Ichel
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Welcome @CamGoddess and @Sherry0479 sent you both FR.
    Like Ichel, i eat more than 1200 before lunch as well. We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • rubes002
    rubes002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I'm Ruby. I've been working out off and on for years but this past September I've been more focused than ever to lose weight and eat healthier. I don't really like working out and although people tell me "the more you go, you'll get used to it and eventually will become excited about working out", that hasn't happened for me. I work out 4x per week consistently, but not because I look forward to it. I haven't found a class or PT yet that excites me. What DOES excite me and keep me going is the fact that since I've been counting my calories, I realize that if I work out, I get to eat more. And I like eating, so..... LOL. Anyhoo, hopefully I can meet new friends here and share ideas/ stories.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I'm averaging about 2250ish. My food diary is open to friends. Send me a request if you like.
  • Raynn1
    Options
    @rubes002 welcome to the group. You may find you never "like" working out. Some people never get excited about hitting the gym and you might just be one of them. But hopefully you will be able to find what you can tolerate well enough to keep going and not dread the time there.
    Do you lift weights, or just find classes? Lifting weights will help you to eat more food as well as change your body composition. win/win:)
    We have some great beginner programs listed in the stickies on the forum page that might help you out:)

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • ashleyal1987
    ashleyal1987 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello , I'm Ashley and I'm a recovering eat-aholic . I wish I was kidding . But I love food. I read the description on the group and this sounds perfect . I'm 29 I have a 4 month old . I love her , but I put her before my eating habits . I need a radical Change . I looked in the mirror and don't recognize myself. I want to lose about 25 to 50 pounds . I want to change my life in the better for myself,and family ,and hopefully others:)
  • sr9246
    sr9246 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is 1,200 calories really a good amount of calories to consume?
  • sr9246
    sr9246 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I should add, I am currently at 166 lbs. and want to lose 20 or 25 lbs. is 1,200 really a sufficient calorie amount?
  • ashleyal1987
    ashleyal1987 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1200 is really low . With my experience I went with something more around 1500to 1750.. And with some exercise . Even as little at 30 of vigourous cleaning or just walking around the house for cleaning or feeling ansy. You can take as much as 500 calories in . But I would stick to 1750 with a regular workout of somekind.
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jess. I currently weigh 217 lbs. I am trying to lose about 60 lbs. I have been doing this on my own for about 6 weeks now and I have lost 10 pounds, but lately to get the scale to move at all I have to basically starve myself with only 1200 calories. I want to be able to eat more and lose weight! So, I am here for just that and support. Thank You! :)
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ash and Jess! Eating 1200 is not joke and in the long run ends up backfiring. This is how eating more can help fat loss: http://pin.it/3dCySMU This is definitely a loving supporting community!
    Make sure to check out our Start Here: http://pin.it/3rDH1tK

Feel free to add us as a friend and send us your questions!
    Tereza
    Team EM2WL member and trainer
  • Raynn1
    Options
    As @TerezaToledo has said, 1200 Calories is not enough for anyone, unless you happen to be a 7 year old child. Its a complete myth that women need only 1200 cals. Its the reason why so many women end up dieting and redieting their entire life. If we have just been told in the first place what our maintenance calories levels were, and took a small cut from there, the entire diet industry would have imploded.

Calorie levels are not a blanket number for everyone. Just like we are all unique, so are our caloric needs. Someone who is highly active, and overweight, maybe still take in a ton more calories, than someone who is not active and the same weight. Just like someone who is highly active and at their target weight, may take in the SAME level of calories as someone who is overweight and not active. Its not all the same numbers.
    Start with our start here guide which Tereza posted and go from there. We are certainly here to help:)

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    Hey everyone! my name is arianna. about 5 years ago I did very low calorie dieting...1200 or less. i lost a lost of weight. i binge ate it all back plus more! for the past 2 years, i basically took a break from dieting, tried to repair mentally and did not track calories at all. for the past week or two, i started using my MFP account at 1620 cals a day. After using the calculator on the EM2WL website, my TDEE is 2595 and my cut calories are 2206. My question is, do i just jump in tomorrow at the 2,206 calories or should i slowly work my way up to eating there? and if i am going to gradually increase, what would that look like? +100calories a week, so 1700 next week..1800 the following, etc? I want to start and heal my body :) I don't believe i need to do the full metabolic reboot since i haven't even been tracking calories until about a week ago, I would just like to try with the cutting first.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you've only been eating reduced calories for a week, I'd think you could jump straight up to the 2206. No need to stay at a low level you've only been at for a week.
  • Raynn1
    Options
    I would just track your calories and see where you lie first. Even though you havent tracked in two years and think you have binged eaten your way through it all, it is very likely what you think was binging is actually right where you should have been eating at. Start with just tracking what you are currently eating, not worry about hitting a certain number. Then see if adjustments need to be made. Chance are you might have been closer to your 2200 than you think:)

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • lynntran_9297
    lynntran_9297 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Lynn, I'm currently overweight at 155lbs (5'3") and want to lose 20-30lbs. I downloaded this app last year but had no idea how to use it but, now my bf taught me and this is so great! Today I ate 1030 cals, burned off 400cals with excercise. I'm not sure if I'm on the right track atm. I'm definitely open to advise if you guys could help me out. My bf is worried that I'm too under... What do you think? Help.