New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options

Replies

• zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynn, You are definitely "too under". You have eaten fewer calories than a 3 year old child requires! Please ignore the calorie recommendation that MFP gave you to aim for as it also does not provide enough calories to keep a child alive. Read this: http://pin.it/3rDH1tK to give you some idea of where and how to start. And keep asking questions!
  • MeenaKnows
    MeenaKnows Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi All

My name is Meena. I am sitting at 202 lbs at the moment. My max weight was 3 years ago at 230 lbs. I would like to lose 80 lbs or so this go around.

I practice Taekwondo 4 times a week and do OrangeTheory fitness 3 days a week. I have a "desk bound" job from home and I look forward to my time outside for working out.

My problems are probably along the lines of "forgetting" to eat and then trying to consume everything in one or two meals. Since the start of the year, I have become better at spreading out the meals and remembering to consume them.

I am taking about 1400 calories a day and I might be underfeeding myself at the end of the day.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Welcome @lynntran_9297 and meenaknows
    Please read through all the stickies at the top of this group as it pretty much contains all the info you will need.
    Start with our calculator http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/
    as from what you say, you are both under eating and doing your long term results no good at all.
    @meenaknows for sure you are not eating enough to support your lifestyle. Taekwondo 4 x week needs plenty fuel!
    Don't be afraid to eat more!
    Put your info in the calculators then let us know what you get and we can help you from there!
    And @zanyzana is definitely right, keep asking questions! It's how we learn!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • MeenaKnows
    MeenaKnows Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @empressichel Thank you for the welcome and the friend request. I found your calculator on your site and entered my parameters for 2 different activity levels - my inclination was that I am somewhere between Moderate and Strenuous.

My BMR came out as 1616 and my TDEE came out as 2504 under moderate and 2787 under strenuous.

I had been doing the 1200 calories that MFP was driving me too by default and I had found that insufficient and it severely impacted my recovery. I had bumped that up to 1400 and had started feeling better. But now, I see that the 1400 is still way too low. I am on my period this week and feel like I am moving through molasses energy wise.

How would you recommend I ramp up? Two weeks ago, I consumed about 2200 calories (corporate function) and I felt like I was a stuffed turkey with an angry GI tract.
  • srpryor504
    srpryor504 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Sharma and I've been overweight for the last 15 years. I'm 5'1 and 178 lbs. I would like to lose 40 lbs and although I feel like I'm on the right track, I also feel like something is off. I've lost 10 lbs since 12/05/2016, but feel stuck at this point. I've been exercising at least 5 days a week and following the MFP suggested calorie intake for me of 1200 calories per day. One problem that I'm having is that after exercising, I'm famished. I know I get extra calories on the MFP plan, but I keep reading different techniques that have worked for others and don't want to eat all of the extra calories, so that I can have a deficit. Am I missing something here? I've been reading some of your responses to others and it seems like maybe I'm not eating enough. Can someone please help me?
  • sy_19440
    sy_19440 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I've been actively on MFP for almost a year. I have managed to loose 100lbs over the last 3 years. I am currently weigh 244 and would like to get down to 160. It's nice to find a forum here that is talking about eating more to lose weight. Most of my current MFP friends are trying to stick to the 1200 calorie range. I can't do that and I know that isn't enough food for my body. I try to avoid processed and fast foods but still enjoy that slice of pizza every now and then.
  • Jdkbs
    Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jas.
    I had a false start with EM2WL last year.

I have started consulting with a naturopath recently, whose eating philosopy is similar to this group. I am attempting to heal my rundown body and depressed mind.

I am a 41 year old homemaker and mother of two. I am 5 '4 220 lb, gotten this way from low cal dieting since my teen years.

I hope to stay focused on my long term goal with this plan. I am scared and fighting my desperation to slim down immediately...but that is how I got here to begin with.

Look forward to getting strong, fit and healthy with you all. ❤
  • etulme
    etulme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name Elande after having my last child c section it have been hard losing weight. And i am a very picky eater. I really trying to lose about 30 to 40 pds. I have been walking cutting down on sodas.
  • empressichel
    Options
    @MeenaKnows
    Firstly, so glad that you can recognise that you are under eating! That's the first thing to celebrate.
    In answer to your question, it's best to go up in calories by about 100 a week until you reach your TDEE.
    This should avoid some of the bloating.
    However, if you have days where you are hungrier, eat more!
    It's really finding a way that feels comfortable and sustainable for you.
    Reading this blog post should help
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/upping-cals-what-to-expect/
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Options
    @srpryor504
    Yes, definitely not eating enough!
    Please input your details into our calculator
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/
    You'll find that it'll be a lot higher than the 1200 Cals you've been eating.
    If you read through the stickies at the top of this group, all the useful information is in there.
    And of course over at our website www.eatmore2weighless.com
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @sy_19440
    Welcome to the group!
    Yup, no low calorie craziness in here!
    Loving life and fuelling our bodies.
    Love your balanced attitude. Please feel free to ask any questions.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hey @Jdkbs ! Good to see you again!
    Don't feel any kind of way. Lots of us have done the 2 or 3 attempts at metabolism reset before we are ready to commit.
    So much of it is a mental mindset shift, it's tough!
    We just can't do it until we are fully 'ready'
    You have my support 100% and I look forward to seeing your progress in the coming months.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @etulme good to have you here!
    You are in the right place for lots of support!
    Please check you are eating enough for your activity level here http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/
    Also, the stickies at the top of this group have lots of info, if you have any questions, just ask!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • mrg68
    mrg68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am new to this group but not very new to MFP. I've been using it off and on for about 3 years now. I have found that I am pretty good at losing weight once I get going, but I absolutely STINK at keeping it off!! About 3 years ago, I lost 80 lbs. and became a runner for the first time in my 45 years!! Then I had a little health issue that needed surgery and I quit running. Now, three years later, I've gained all my weight back. I want to look like the person in my profile picture. I keep that one posted everywhere so I can see it and know that I can get there again. I would love encouragement, advice, and motivation!! Thanks for getting this group organized!!!
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @mrg68
    You'll find lots of support in this group! Welcome!
    The diet industry is set up to make people lose weight and then gain it all back!
    EM2WL shows a different way!
    Where you can eat without starvation and have a lifestyle where you never need to diet again!
    It's liberating!
    After you read through all the stickies at the top of the group, you have any questions, just ask and I'll be happy to help!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • HLA_LovinMe
    HLA_LovinMe Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • APRocks724
    APRocks724 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! 32 yr old mom from RI here. Looking forward to talking with you all and supporting one another on this journey. Feel free to message or friend me. ❤
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @APRocks724
    Welcome to the group! I will send you a FR!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • Brenda4fitness
    Brenda4fitness Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I went to EM2WL.com and found my numbers BMR 1723, TDEE 2370, and Calories to Goal 2014. This is about 600 more calories than my current calories allowances on MFP. Should I reset my calories and other goals here? I currently go to gym 4 times a week, 2 days pilates, and 2 days whatever I feel like weights or treadmill. Any tips. Thanks in advance!
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi. I went to EM2WL.com and found my numbers BMR 1723, TDEE 2370, and Calories to Goal 2014. This is about 600 more calories than my current calories allowances on MFP. Should I reset my calories and other goals here? I currently go to gym 4 times a week, 2 days pilates, and 2 days whatever I feel like weights or treadmill. Any tips. Thanks in advance!

Hi!
    Yes, you can manually change your calorie goal in MFP. While you are there, if you haven't already, you can manually change the macros to 40% carbs 30% protein and 30% fat.
    Best way to reach your new calorie goal is to increase by about 100 calories per week, until you get there. Benefits of this way are less bloating, minimise weight gain and time to adjust mentally.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL