New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options

Replies

• PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't mind cardio I do think its necessary for your overall health but, you think 2 hours a week is to much cardio ? Unless your considering my walking as cardio? I personally dont consider my walking as cardio since it really does not get my HR up.

Please tell me what activity level you put into the calculator for me ? I put moderate 5 days and Im worried about consuming more calories and weight gain.
  • ErikElgerot
    ErikElgerot Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, new hear, been on MFP for almost six months now.

I started out at 188.8kg (416.2lbs) and currently weigh about 158.5kg (349.6lbs). I'm 36 years old, male, stand about 190cm (6'3") tall and have a sedentary lifestyle that I'm looking to improve while I lose weight.

According to the calculator, my BMR should be around 2950 calories, while I notice that I'll currently gain weight if I go above around 1500 calories - I've traditionally had thyroid issues (medicated now), but even then that definitely seem like I need some kind of reset, so any advice would be most welcome.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    I don't mind cardio I do think its necessary for your overall health but, you think 2 hours a week is to much cardio ? Unless your considering my walking as cardio? I personally dont consider my walking as cardio since it really does not get my HR up.

Please tell me what activity level you put into the calculator for me ? I put moderate 5 days and Im worried about consuming more calories and weight gain.

I put strenuous because it looks like you workout an hour daily (not including the walks). I'm not an expert, but even if you don't get your heart rate up, you are still moving.

You could slowly work up and minimize some weight gain. You did say you were already gaining weight.
  • MarissaTriesAgain
    MarissaTriesAgain Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    @MarissaTriesAgain I'm sorry you are having issues. I'm sure our tech support will solve this issue soon. You should hear from them soon.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL

Hope I hear back from them soon! I guess that is what I get for trying to buy it from my phone lol
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    @MarissaTriesAgain I just sent the a message in this. This should be solved soon!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • rbussa2
    rbussa2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Rebecca and just joined this group. A little about me, I am a part time evening student while working full-time. My exercise has fallen through the cracks and this year was going to be my year to take control of my time and workout more. Unfortunately things didn't happen the way I had hoped. I was in a car accident Dec 2015 and broke my ankle and injured my lower back. 8 months later, unable to do many exercises due to my back and my ankle, my physio still has me on restrictions for exercise. I have chosen to take control of my diet. The least I can do for myself is fuel my body with healthy foods and not over eat. I am looking forward to being a part of this community.
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @Runngurl43 2 hours cardio per week is not excessive, unless you don't like cardio. If you like and enjoy it, two hours is perfectly fine. Walks are also fine. Daily leisure walks are excellent and are different then power walks or running, right?

@saranharm gave you great advice on increasing slowly to minimize gaining effects. And as much as you think the calculator estimate for you TDEE is too high and cannot be true, it's actually pretty close to what it is. With the amount of weekly workouts you have, you definitely are abive moderate. Have you checked out our free starter kit? http://eatmore2weighless.com/start

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Welcome @ErikElgerot and @rbussa2 ! The best way to change your life style is to pick one thing, and just one, work on it until it becomes second nature. Only then, when that is a habit, you move to another one. Tackling the food area before anything else is a good way to start. Put the numbers on the EM2WL calculator and with the correct activity level chosen, the estimate will be an excellent starting point. If you have been eating less than that, it is time for a metabolism reset, if you have been eating more than that, it's time to try eating at TDEE.
    Our free quick start has a glimpse of how this works http://eatmore2weighless.com/start

Also make sure you check our "New to EM2WL? Start Here" thread.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    @Runngurl43 oops, I read that as 2 hours a day! Sorry! But with cardio and weights plus walking 5 miles a day you definitely aren't sedentary or light.
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @MarissaTriesAgain Did the EM2WL get hold of you? Did you get to download your Starter Kit? I just want to make sure you got the kit. Please let me know,

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • alittleee
    alittleee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Audrie. I am starting my fitness goal AGAIN, only this time, I PROMISE myself that it will be the last time! This time, I want to learn how to eat right and how to live in order to be healthy. I don't want to just lose the weight only to gain it back again if I don't track.

I am currently working a rotating 12 hour shift, so being able to go to group things at the local gyms is almost impossible. But I think I can find some way to make this work. I figure I can take some time at work to at least take a walk. And on midnights, I can get by with bringing in a kettle bell.

I have never been a big eater, but I eat the wrong foods. I have done a lot better with that, at meals. But when I get bored, I eat. And then I eat whatever is there, even if I don't like it....is there a cure for that???
  • MarissaTriesAgain
    Options
    @MarissaTriesAgain Did the EM2WL get hold of you? Did you get to download your Starter Kit? I just want to make sure you got the kit. Please let me know,

Tereza
    Team EM2WL

Someone contacted me saying it should have been in my confirmation email. I told them the only confirmation email I received was from paypal. I also told them that I got tired of waiting and paid for another one from my computer so that I could do the instant download on a device that I knew it would work on. I am asking for a refund for one of those two payments, so we will see.

Long story short, yes, I now have my copy of the starter kit! :)
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @MarissaTriesAgain I'm sorry you went through all that. Ut I'm glad you got your Starter Kit!

@alittleee Welcome to our boards! Check our quick start guide http://training.eatmore2weighless.com/get-your-quick-start-guide/?utm_source=mfp&utm_medium=DM&utm_campaign=quick start][img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/jx/yta6kyzkyekd.png[/img] and TDEE calculator (http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/) to have an idea of were you should be eating. Eating the right amount of calories will definitely help you stay away from boredom snacks. By eating what your body needs and the right % of protein your cravings will diminish significantly.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @MarissaTriesAgain The refund has been processed. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Tereza
    TeamEM2WL
  • MarissaTriesAgain
    Options
    @MarissaTriesAgain The refund has been processed. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Tereza
    TeamEM2WL

Thank you!
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Beverly. I am 46 years old, 5 foot 4 inch and now weigh 171 pounds. I started at 183 after I had my son. I lost some weight using Beach Body. I lost for about the first 6-8 months then stopped. I lost down to 165 but increased back up when I stopped exercising. I had an increase in migraines and shoulder pain then had bladder surgery. Prior to the BB, I was on the heavy side most of my life. The only time I was at a good weight was after loosing about 45 pounds by the "divorce diet" and kept it off for about 1 1/2 to 2 years then got pregnant.

I left Beach Body at the beginning of this year as I was depressed about no change and that I could not exercise. I keep up with the shake, I really like the taste and the ease of making it in the morning. I have been back to exercising and trying to eat better the last week or so. I wanted to try something different. I had used MFP before but didn't stay with it. I am trying to figure my way around the website and I like it much better than BB so far.

I am having trouble figuring out my calorie needs. If I use the BB method, its between 1200-1499. I had figured out that I needed to eat on the higher side of my numbers and eat a bit more protein than what was used with the containers when I was using just the BB way of tracking.

I have been unable to get things going again this time. I started back with MFP and I like the more specific way of tracking. It makes more sense to me. I am just not sure of what I should eat for calories. I am just starting to go through this chat and hope to gain more insight. I look forward to all the encouragement and help and instruction I can get. Thanks
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Hi @beverlyriley900

Here is a tdee calculator:
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/

I typed in your info at light activity and it shows 2031 calories. If you did add in exercise you may need to look at the moderate activity level.

For more info, check out the stickies above or the free starter guide on the top of the webpage of the link I gave you.
  • cfsassyc
    cfsassyc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm looking forward to learning a lot on this journey to release weight .
  • cfsassyc
    cfsassyc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Crystal and ill be 51 next month . Ive been on this journey for several years. I'm always looking for new and inventive ways to stay active and live a healthier lifestyle . I am a member of the YMCA in my area and I enjoy all it has to offer . I'm currently 193 pounds . I had surgery on both feet one last march and the other this past july . Between the two I put back on ten pounds and I'm ready to release that and more . I don't have a specific number to reach . I just want to get healthier.
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @cfsassyc welcome on board! Staying active and living healthier is always a great idea. Make sure you grab your free quick start guide at http://eatmore2weightless.com/start
    You will find a lot of support in this community!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL