New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options

Replies

• aslanpw
    aslanpw Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My name is Peter and I work in a busy hospital but had Aweful eating habits. As I am getting older I know the need to get into shape again. I had an angioplasty 4 years ago, lost some weight but put it back on as most diets you can only endure for the short term. I am looking for a lifetime eating style and exercise routine. As I work with substances users I understand addiction. My addiction is food. I teach folks the importance of support so this sounded like a good place to get that.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi @ThePRLady
    Welcome to the group.
    Have you checked out the workouts on our website http://eatmore2weighless.com/category/workouts/ if you are looking to get back active?
    Please go through the stickies at the top of this group and any questions just ask!
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @aslanpw
    Good to have you here and to see you want to make sustainable changes in your life.
    That's what we are all about here! If the changes you make aren't doable for life, then it's not a LIFEstyle!
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/about-em2wl/
    If you need to ask any questions, please, feel free!
    Ichel
  • w1shb0ne
    w1shb0ne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am open to all suggestions and help. I've been losing weight steadily and am very close to my target. I should be 68.5kg and 18.5% body fat according to a DEXA scan I had done of me. I am 69kg
    I can maintain and lose weight no problem but I can't seem to get my body fat % below 25%!
    each week I have at least 1000 calory deficit - this is due to exercise, not dieting, and I don't diet.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @w1shb0ne
    Welcome to the group.
    What is your exercise routine like? Are you including strength training?
    If it wasn't for the numbers, what do you think of how you look/feel?
    The numbers of what the DEXA scan gave you to what you 'should' be are just a guide/average and might not be exactly what you have to be.
    Are there changes in your body/diet/mindset that you want to make or is it just about the numbers for you?
    Ichel
  • nichelle1132
    nichelle1132 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I stumbled upon this group and I am a little confused about how this works but I am curious enough to give it a try. I'm excited to be here!
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @nichelle1132
    Welcome to the group.
    If you want to read through the stickies at the top of this group it should give you a basis for what we're all about.
    You can find our starter kit on http://eatmore2weighless.com/faqs/
    Any questions, just ask!
    Ichel
  • nichelle1132
    nichelle1132 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @empressichel Thank you.. I will look at the starter kit
  • ann_imani
    ann_imani Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and looking forward to all the thoughtful information. I've lost about 30lbs that I gained during a medical situation and then eventual surgery. It took 1 full year of exercise and, what I thought was eating clean (no processed foods, sugar, alcohol, etc), then it stalled for 6 whole months, so I increased exercise. Was so frustrated after working so hard and actually would gain 3-5 and loose those same lbs over the 6 months. I went to a fitness spa for a week and learned new things and lost 7 lbs breaking the plateaus...however, ITS BAAAAACK after a few weeks of doing well, the plateau I mean....trying to incorporate some of the things I learned as far as it takes 66 days to break a habit so don't give up, there will be a period of adjustment, etc.

Anyway I'm happy to share what I have learned, (after all, it was expensive and excellent information), and keep from getting frustrated again.

Also looking for friends that like to participate in challenges. Friend me if you are. I have about 25 lbs to loose to ideal Body Fat (that's another thing I learned there, don't focus on weight, body fat is what is important, lbs will just make you crazy.

Hope to hear from you all.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @ann_imani
    Welcome to the group!
    Have you checked out our starter kit?
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/faqs/ it's a great place to, well erm......start!
    All the stickies at the top of this group are full of info too.
    Any questions, just ask!
    Ichel
  • sunshine2373
    sunshine2373 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am trying to contemplate my next move. I lost about 50lbs + lbs 2 years ago; exercising daily; eating the right foods (was never really a junk food person). I was/am using MFP....I loss muscle and gained back some weight; roughly 25lbs. I don't really care what the scale says but prefer to pay closer attention to how my body feels. I eat 1500 cals a day. According to the TDEE here it's 2700 and with the amount that I would like to lose in conjunction with my activity level it says I should consume 1900. Is this REALLY how much I need to eat to see some results again? I have been back at it hard/consistently for a year and NO change....so to say frustrated/annoyed that would be an understatement. Any assistance/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Signed
    Annoyed...but always love myself!
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi Sunshine2373
    I would highly recommend that you eat at TDEE for a prolonged length of time before trying to cut.
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    Also, if your TDEE is 2700, then a 1900 calorie cut is way too steep a deficit. We recommend a 10-15% cut at max.
    The ups and downs of dieting are very annoying and frustrating, but you have found the right place to make lasting change that you can maintain for life!
    Without starvation or frustration.
    Feel free to ask any questions as you work through the stickies at the top of this group.
    Ichel
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    What Ichel said. If your TDEE is 2700, then 1900 is still too steep of a cut. You should be aiming for about 2400 ish.
    Yes, we do need that much food to live and fuel the body properly:) The Diet industry has told us time and time again that we shouldnt eat so much, but in truth, most people who "diet" are actually starving themselves.
    The ups and downs are horribly frustrating but you found the right place to be to move past it and get your metabolism back on track and to see the losses in your body that you would like.

let us know what we can do to help you out:)
    Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • sunshine2373
    sunshine2373 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WOW....I can't even fathom eating that much whew....but will give it a try since this way clearly isn't giving me the results that I am looking for. So thank you for responding/information: empressichel and Raynn1
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    @sunshine2373 Welcome! You say that until you try eating at TDEE, then you will look back and ask yourself how could you eat so little for so long and dread the 5-10% cut.

I increased mine, in the begining it was because I just couldn't eat so little. Now, I keep thinking of doing a small cut, just because, and cannot imagine giving up even 100 cals, lol.

Kelly and Ichel gave you excellent advice!
    EM2WL It's not a diet, but a lifestyle: http://pin.it/d-KegOa

Tereza
    EM2WL Moderator and Team Member
  • De_Little_Engine
    De_Little_Engine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello from Australia. Just joined. My numbers came out 263 gms of carbs and 198 grams of protein. That is huge. Using the Fitbit average of TDEE 3100 less 15% ( average over 3 years). Am I starting out right?
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Welcome @De_Little_Engine to the group!
    If your fitibit is averaging 3100TDEE over the past three YEARS(?) then yes, that is your maintenance level. 10-15% less that number would be your cut.

Please make sure to read through the links posted in the Welcome to EM2WL sticky to get more infomraiton to help you get started. This is our quick start guide to get you going.
    http://training.eatmore2weighless.com/get-your-quick-start-guide/

If you have any questions after reading through the links, please let us know!
    Welcome aboard!

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • empressichel
    Options
    Hi @De_Little_Engine
    Welcome to the group!
    What are your goals?
    Are you looking to eat at maintenance (are you coming from a diet/reduced calorie place) or going straight into a cut?
    Ichel
  • De_Little_Engine
    De_Little_Engine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Straight into a cut I guess. 15% off my DEEE?
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies. Look out for a friend request from me.