Things you hated before lchf

Options
13»

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Not yet... I still hate zucchini. Just the thought of pork rinds make me shudder. I have a low grade aversion to eggs and meat, so I'm hoping I start actually liking it someday... >:)

I was the same way about pork rinds, I tried them last year when I first started lc and couldn't make myself eat them, but they are slowly growing on me
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I drank coffee with no HWC today and liked it!!! That's a huge NSV for me. Maybe I can start cutting out the sweetener next and enjoy the BPC with just the fats!!!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. Now I like it riced or even as a mash. It helps to add tasty things to it (kimchi or butter/cheese respectively).

It's still top of my least fave veggies. (Cabbage for life!!)
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I used to hate squash. Now I put olive oil and Sicilian spices on slices of zucchini and yellow squash and grill on skewers with mushrooms and quartered onions

Yum!
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Before keto I had to have sugar and cream in my coffee, now it's just cream.

I now eat all of the fat on my steaks.

Meat! I used to "not really be a meat eater" before. Now it's a requirement with every meal! I eat a lot more beef and shellfish now.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    i hated leftovers before, now i love them! One, they are delicious leftovers and second helps with my meal prep for the next day. :)
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I ever hated fat, but there were times in which I couldn't eat it. Now, it seems like I crave it. I feel like one of those bears that catches the salmon and eats the fatty part and throws the rest away.
  • genmon00
    Options
    Cauliflower. Now I like it riced or even as a mash. It helps to add tasty things to it (kimchi or butter/cheese respectively).

OMG mashed cauliflower is my favorite! Hands down better than potatoes IMO
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »

OMG mashed cauliflower is my favorite! Hands down better than potatoes IMO

I'm from Idaho. :s

• mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    What the heck is a pork rind anyhow?

They are fried pork skins, an acquired taste

Apparently it can be a taste that is acquired and then quickly discarded. I was excited about using them for breading and snacks at first. After the second bag, meh. It didn't help that my husband recoiled in horror, as though I'd offered him fried rattle snake.

• auntstephie321
    Options

Apparently it can be a taste that is acquired and then quickly discarded. I was excited about using them for breading and snacks at first. After the second bag, meh. It didn't help that my husband recoiled in horror, as though I'd offered him fried rattle snake.

lol I think people eat fried rattlesnake. yeah I'm wondering how long this will last with me, I've been eating them with cheese, like cheese and crackers and I like it. but this is probably my third time attempting to like them so its possible I will dislike them again at some point.

that's how I was with avocado in the beginning, it was like I couldn't get enough, now the thought of eating a pieced wrapped in turkey turns my stomach :(
  • auntstephie321
    edited June 2016
    Options

lol I think people eat fried rattlesnake. yeah I'm wondering how long this will last with me, I've been eating them with cheese, like cheese and crackers and I like it. but this is probably my third time attempting to like them so its possible I will dislike them again at some point.

that's how I was with avocado in the beginning, it was like I couldn't get enough, now the thought of eating a pieced wrapped in turkey turns my stomach :(
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I was not a big avocado fan before. Now I love them.

This is about the only thing people rave about in this forum that I didn't like before and I still can't imagine ever letting in my house let alone past my lips. It's hard to even think about it. (shudders) And, please, don't anybody tell me to just try. I physically wouldn't be able to.

@PamamaJane I usually alter mine. I like it as a good guacamole with garlic, lemon, salt and cilantro, or as a dessert by adding whipping cream, cocoa, and a bit of stevia - it's like a chocoltae mousse....if you pretend really hard. LOL
  • genmon00
    Options

This is about the only thing people rave about in this forum that I didn't like before and I still can't imagine ever letting in my house let alone past my lips. It's hard to even think about it. (shudders) And, please, don't anybody tell me to just try. I physically wouldn't be able to.

@PamamaJane I usually alter mine. I like it as a good guacamole with garlic, lemon, salt and cilantro, or as a dessert by adding whipping cream, cocoa, and a bit of stevia - it's like a chocoltae mousse....if you pretend really hard. LOL

thats a whole lot of pretending lol ewww avocado as dessert no thanks! I excited I can eat pork rinds or chicharrones as I call them with my guacamole though. I was desperately missing chips and salsa.
  • auntstephie321
    Options

lol did I ever tell you about the time I made that chocolate mousse and put way too much cocoa powder then tried to balance it with more stevia and it tasted like creamy metallic bitter chocolate death. maybe that's what ended my short lived romance with avocado.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options

lol did I ever tell you about the time I made that chocolate mousse and put way too much cocoa powder then tried to balance it with more stevia and it tasted like creamy metallic bitter chocolate death. maybe that's what ended my short lived romance with avocado.

I have actually made this...and I like it! Like it's obviously NOT chocolate mousse but it had the full mouth feel of a rich mousse and I didn't really taste the avocado.

But at the same time, my boyfriend (avocado hater) could totally taste it. I even took extra time to mash out all the lumps too.

I would never try to pass it off as chocolate mousse/pudding to someone but it took away my craving for something sweet.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    This (avacado) is about the only thing people rave about in this forum that I didn't like before and I still can't imagine ever letting in my house let alone past my lips. It's hard to even think about it. (shudders) And, please, don't anybody tell me to just try. I physically wouldn't be able to.

Well, maybe with whipping cream, cocoa, and stevia, and if I were in a coma and being tube fed. LoL. But I might try the whipping cream, cocoa, and stevia parts sometimes.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    This (avacado) is about the only thing people rave about in this forum that I didn't like before and I still can't imagine ever letting in my house let alone past my lips. It's hard to even think about it. (shudders) And, please, don't anybody tell me to just try. I physically wouldn't be able to.

Well, maybe with whipping cream, cocoa, and stevia, and if I were in a coma and being tube fed. LoL. But I might try the whipping cream, cocoa, and stevia parts sometimes.

I do that without the avocado too it's chocolate whipped cream, really good and quick. It's my go to treat when I'm very lowcarb