What is going on? Is keto not working for me?

Options
12346»

Replies

• saltysailors
    saltysailors Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    lodro wrote: »
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I think you should consider what your weaknesses are. Mine is fat, as much as it was ever carbs. I just lost 6 pounds eating moderately low carb, with more vegetables, higher protein, and cutting back on heavy whipping cream. That didn't happen when I was netting 20 grams of carbs/day and eating more fat. I haven't been drinking anything but water.

There a few days when I'm not very hungry.....but others where I am more hungry...I'm still trying to figure it all out...when I cut back on fat, I get hungry....I actually just upped my calories a few weeks ago to see how that goes. I figure once my body heals and I get more fat adapted, then I can lower my calories

That's how it worked for me. It took me about 3 months to make that change.

I'm about 2-1/2 months into this WOE, so I figure I still have a way to go before I see results. I am just not like everyone else who see immediate results. And, I just have to accept that. I see so many others that just drop off the weight "I lost 30 pounds in 3 months, etc., ...." That is not going to happen to me....obviously....LOL! But, I am just going to keep on ketoing on and keep adjusting until I get it right!

• saltysailors
    saltysailors Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    tribal351 wrote: »
    I found some foods I like early on in the program, and eat nearly the same diet every day. 3 eggs and a sausage (Aidells smoked chicken with habanero and jack cheese) for breakfast. Tuna, spinach, mayo and Parmesan cheese crisps for lunch. 2 eggs, another sausage, made into tacos with high fiber-low carb tortillas with white queso. Fits my macros perfectly with a 200-ish calorie deficit. Weekends I use trying out different keto recipes, will occasionally go over on calories but it keeps me interested. I may find something that can enter the daily rotation.

Plan your meals, do some research to find items you like that you can eat consistently. Weekends stick to macros, but be willing to change the diet up a bit to keep it interesting and don't worry as much about calorie deficit.

I need to do more planning! We have been renovating our home.....finally finished! And, it is now on the market. So, I haven't wanted to do a lot of planning and cooking because of that. Now, that it is done and on the market, I still don't want to do a lot of cooking because of the clean-up and I don't want a ton of groceries in the house that I have to pack up when we move. I have been trying to keep things simple for now.....I bake bacon in the oven a whole package at a time, boil eggs a dozen at a time, homemade mayo for deviled eggs, and meat....steaks, chicken thighs and hamburger. Avocados, cauliflower, cabbage,and Romaine lettuce. Changed or stopped several vegetables I was using, because they were higher carb... I keep forgetting about tomatoes, onions and peppers and how high carb they are (comparatively). I eat them, then when I log....I realize yikes! Too many carbs! So, I definitely NEED to plan ahead and I should pre-log to make sure......
    For today, I will plan my day and pre-log. I can do it one day at a time