Things I hate on LCHF

Options
167891012»

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I admit the only thing I really don't like about keto is eating meat. I was vegetarian for moral reasons but my body really did not enjoy it. Gained weight, skin broke out, felt like I was never full no matter how many plant fats and protein I consumed. So I'm doing what my body wants now and reaping so many benefits but feel ashamed at the same time. I know there are ways of doing keto vegetarian...but I am so sick of being restricted with food in one way or another, I want to just BE. So yeah... just my own little internal dilemma. I rationalize it's my life and my health matters and I have to do what's best for my body.

You might enjoy this series of blog posts from Whole30:
    http://whole9life.com/category/conscientious-omnivore/
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    That's why Keto gets a bad name, isn't it? O_O
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

Yep, I got kicked out of one of these Facebook groups because I told a poster that they should eat more protein and fat only til satiated. Even got PM'd a nasty message on my way out.

That was a love pat for the trip here <3
  • RalfLott
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    I admit the only thing I really don't like about keto is eating meat. I was vegetarian for moral reasons but my body really did not enjoy it. Gained weight, skin broke out, felt like I was never full no matter how many plant fats and protein I consumed. So I'm doing what my body wants now and reaping so many benefits but feel ashamed at the same time. I know there are ways of doing keto vegetarian...but I am so sick of being restricted with food in one way or another, I want to just BE. So yeah... just my own little internal dilemma. I rationalize it's my life and my health matters and I have to do what's best for my body.

You might enjoy this series of blog posts from Whole30:
    http://whole9life.com/category/conscientious-omnivore/

Thx, @kirkor. Also, veganhealth.org has a lot of good info, including a section on diabetic diets.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I hate participating in FB groups where they are so terrified of "protein turning into sugar" that new people post things like this. All. Day. Long.
    I literally grabbed these screenshots as extreme examples within the first 20 posts on the page. There were other less extreme examples of utter confusion that is not the fault of the new person but the fault of the members because they say moderate protein when in fact they condone low protein.
    p3zr68mioqts.png

This person thinks she's supposed to just start eating fat because this is what is heralded as a perfect day.
    ykdko6o09520.png

God help these peoples poor muscles.

Yep, I got kicked out of one of these Facebook groups because I told a poster that they should eat more protein and fat only til satiated. Even got PM'd a nasty message on my way out.

I feel like my days are probably numbered.

An argument of various degrees of ridiculousness breaks out whenever I post anything even remotely pro protein. Even when I say "ignore these protein recommendations". Like when I shared the Ted Naiman graphics that are great visuals of what food to choose, with the woman in my previous mention, that didn't know what to eat. She thought she just needed to eat fat.
    vx3gyzsd5yyb.png

Then this other person still had a problem with me sharing it. She spouts out a specific suggestion with no reference and it's fine. I provide a suggestion with a reference and even say, just ignore that part, and it's a problem.
    pcrsor1lqg2i.png

Sorry. I'll stop ranting now. This group makes me crazy because it's associated with a reputable low carb source but it's so full of garbage info.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    I hate participating in FB groups where they are so terrified of "protein turning into sugar" that new people post things like this. All. Day. Long.
    I literally grabbed these screenshots as extreme examples within the first 20 posts on the page. There were other less extreme examples of utter confusion that is not the fault of the new person but the fault of the members because they say moderate protein when in fact they condone low protein.
    p3zr68mioqts.png

This person thinks she's supposed to just start eating fat because this is what is heralded as a perfect day.
    ykdko6o09520.png

An argument of various degrees of ridiculousness breaks out whenever I post anything even remotely pro protein. Even when I say "ignore these protein recommendations". Like when I shared the Ted Naiman graphics that are great visuals of what food to choose, with a woman that was asking what she could eat because she had no idea what food was ok.
    vx3gyzsd5yyb.png

Then this other person still had a problem with me sharing it. She spouts out a specific suggestion with no reference and it's fine. I provide a suggestion with a reference and even say, just ignore that part, and it's a problem.
    pcrsor1lqg2i.png

Sorry. I'll stop ranting now. This group makes me crazy because it's associated with a reputable low carb source but it's so full of garbage info.

:sGood God! That's as bad as YouTube.

PS Is that a sarcopenia group?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    p3zr68mioqts.png

ykdko6o09520.png

An argument of various degrees of ridiculousness breaks out whenever I post anything even remotely pro protein. Even when I say "ignore these protein recommendations". Like when I shared the Ted Naiman graphics that are great visuals of what food to choose, with a woman that was asking what she could eat because she had no idea what food was ok.
    vx3gyzsd5yyb.png

pcrsor1lqg2i.png

Most of them are, they just don't know it.
    All in the name of losing weight right? No matter the cost!
    As you can see, even when I walk on egg shells I still upset someone.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    p3zr68mioqts.png

ykdko6o09520.png

vx3gyzsd5yyb.png

pcrsor1lqg2i.png

Here is what I don't understand - we have the majority of the medical community, the main stream media, the government guidelines and the general public all against us and these people think infighting is a good idea?
  • RalfLott
    Options
    p3zr68mioqts.png

ykdko6o09520.png

vx3gyzsd5yyb.png

pcrsor1lqg2i.png

You're not responsible for upsetting someone who was born on the wrong side of the bed.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    p3zr68mioqts.png

ykdko6o09520.png

vx3gyzsd5yyb.png

pcrsor1lqg2i.png

You're not responsible for upsetting someone who was born on the wrong side of the bed.

My belief is that 99% of those who get offended fall into one of 2 categories:

1) They are trying to be offended (probably some kind of inferiority complex)
    2) They are the ones who are intolerant of (fill in the blank) and so they assume everyone else is and therefore take everything in that context.

Therefore, I stay true to myself and the facts and don't concern myself too much with how someone else takes what I say. I don't try to offend anyone, but I also don't compromise my principals or bastardize the facts just to avoid offending someone.
  • RalfLott
    edited January 2017
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    p3zr68mioqts.png

ykdko6o09520.png

vx3gyzsd5yyb.png

pcrsor1lqg2i.png

My belief is that 99% of those who get offended fall into one of 2 categories:

1) They are trying to be offended (probably some kind of inferiority complex)
    2) They are the ones who are intolerant of (fill in the blank) and so they assume everyone else is and therefore take everything in that context.

Therefore, I stay true to myself and the facts and don't concern myself too much with how someone else takes what I say. I don't try to offend anyone, but I also don't compromise my principals or bastardize the facts just to avoid offending someone.

There may also be a category 3) Orthorexics, who are emotionally invested in a quasi religious, tightly-circumscribed system of healthy eating/living principles.