Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Yay for a girl! I love the name!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Hooray! What a beautiful picture! Beautiful little girl! <3 Also, the name sounds very special having a lot of importance in memory of precious family. I'm very happy for you, even if the appointment was a total pain in the bladder.

@Kirstie155 Thank you! @WifiresGettingFit Slowly getting better! MIL is working on a baby shower now, and I'm just gonna let her go crazy with that. Haha.

Ok, sorry I was gone so long. I was doing better, then started working longer shifts again, and doubles. Basically, after 4-6 hours, I start to fall apart with dizziness, nausea, etc. I was also struggling with a lot of round ligament pain and breast pain in the evenings too--not normal pain, but hot fiery slashing nipple pain that had me howling and clutching ice to my boobs. (Husband couldn't figure out how to react to that.) Lol. Ice doesn't really work, neither does menthol aloe, pressure, tylenol or heat packs, btw. The internet is full of lies! I finally got some numbing oral gel, but never got to use it before the pains stopped all on their own.

Then I came down with a nasty head/throat cold. Not fun, as it revived the morningsickness completely just when I thought I was free of it! Body couldn't tell the difference between cough/sneeze and gag/throw up. So I took a couple days off. It snowed, and the restaurant was closed a bit, which helped me recover. I had to work more doubles after the snow while some employees were stranded out in the county though. (They don't salt or scrape county roads here.)

Anyway, I still have flashes of nausea and tiredness after a few hours of activity. But I feel a lot more like my normal self these days. I'm actually doing housework again, cooking meals (new kitchen stool is the bomb) and even sleeping at night. I've been going through my clothes, and packing away stuff that's too small. Oddly enough, I'm less bloated than I was the past couple months, and can wear more of my things. I can bend at the waist without pain, and walk up and down stairs. I'm back to working 9+ hr shifts, but taking more breaks to eat and drink. Hardly taking any nausea meds either. I just wanna get back to normal life as much as possible. Hoping 2nd trimester keeps getting better!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @Alioth I'm glad things are getting better - it definitely sounds like it's been a rough ride so far. Oh the baby shower planning should keep her busy for a while! haha I hope the second trimester keeps getting better for you!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Alioth so glad things are getting better for you! It sounds like things have been so rough. Glad your MIL is busy throwing you a shower! I hope things continue improving <3
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I think I'm finally recovered from the event the first of the month and happy to switch gears mentally from work to baby!

I can't believe we only have 87 days to go until she's here, it is going so fast. I hardly feel ready at all--Marlin is supposed to have her bedroom all cleaned out and ready to set-up as the nursery by the time I get home from a trip to my parents for a baby shower on March 10th. I don't have much for elaborate decorating plans, the room is light-yellow already, so we'll leave that as-is and add some artwork. My mom paints and draws, so I'm hoping she's been spending her winter making cute farm animal paintings to hang.

We have a crib my parents bought us for Christmas along with a hand-me-down stroller, car seat and changing pad but not much else yet.

Tracking blood sugars for gestational diabetes is going pretty well, I can keep my after meal numbers under goal pretty easily, but have found that if I kind of push them to the max end of my goals that my morning fasting number has been rising to above goal so I've cut back my daily carbs from about 175-200g to 100-125g the last few days and dropped my fasting glucose from 99, back down to 82 this morning--so I'm hoping the adjustments continue to work for me going forward, now I just have to work at adding the missing calories back in with more nuts and such.

Weight-wise, I've been maintaining since about Christmas time--which has me at about 8-9 pounds gained. The doctor seems happy and she must be growing fine because they haven't been concerned. I am officially onto my 3rd trimester on Friday. I am supposed to go get my RhoGam shot this week sometime and have my next appointment on March 5th and I'll start going in every two weeks instead of 4 weeks.

We start child birth education classes next Monday--so it's all starting to get crazy, busy and consume our lives as she gets closer to being here.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,939 Member
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith ah it's great how soon you'll be in the third trimester! I'm so excited for you. It sounds like you're working hard on maintaining a good diet and it's paying off.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith I'm glad to hear you are recovered from that event. I'm also glad to hear that everything seems to be going pretty smooth. You're doing great! Are you guys having a baby shower? you mentioned that you're going to a baby shower but it doesn't sound like it's yours? I hope things continue to go well! =)
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Yes, that baby shower is for me. My aunt/mom and pulling it together in Oregon, so that's why it's a bit early as I didn't want to travel 500 miles each way any later than March and we're sneaking it in before cows start calving the 2nd half of March.

I am hoping something will also happen closer to home, some cousins of Marlin mentioned they'd do something close to home when we told them I was expecting but we haven't heard anything since then so I'm not sure where that stands. Despite not having many friends, I do have a pretty good group of co-worker type friends from both this job and my previous one, so it would be nice to do something here as well. I'll just sit on it and wait for now I suppose.

• Alioth
    Options
    Bumpdate: So, we're having a baby boy! I was totes wrong about it being a girl all along. Plans for the nursery have changed. Going with a tropical animal/pirate/ocean theme. My husband is actually excited about decorating it now, when he wasn't before. I guess my previous plans were too...well, stuffy or adultish looking. He reminded me gently that kids like stuff that is fun, not perfectly color coordinated haha. So sharks and pirates and monkeys it is!

Last week was the elective gender ultrasound (skipped the expensive anatomy scan) for fun and beauty shots (even got some 3D pics) and got some video clips too of baby wiggling his fingers and flapping his hands. It cost $79 for about 45 min and had us both laughing and crying. Totally worth it! Baby looks like Josh a great deal with his cheeks, and forehead and his sleeping expression. Kid has my chin and nose. It's amazing to see that kind of detail. I wasn't expecting it at all so early. Could totally tell the gender in an instant too, no doubt at all about it being a boy. Heh heh. Also found a slight issue with my placenta being too low, but it's expected to resolve itself later.

Baby was very active during scan, and has been for weeks now. It makes it almost impossible to sleep now with thumps and wiggles and whacks going on the inside. I have gotten YUUUUUUGE, although some strangers still can't tell I'm preggers. They think I'm just fat. Haha. Still, I did not gain ANY weight last month. Stomach has gotten squished I guess. I'm always starving (food has never tasted better) but can only eat small amounts or acid is too much--makes me throw up. I overall feel a lot better though, except for some new 2nd trimester annoying issues, but gonna spare you those. Went all over Roanoke yesterday looking at kitchen tile, rugs, cabinets, and got a new haircut. Feeling fancy and free of too much heavy hair. 'Kay, that's it. Off to work!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth Congratulations on the baby boy! =) Do you guys have a name picked out? The nursery theme sounds cute! I'm glad to hear the placenta issue should resolve itself! I'm glad overall you're feeling better! I hope you had a good day at work! =)
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @Alioth yay a boy! I can attest to how much fun they are :) I hope your placenta migrates soon so you don't end up on bed rest or anything!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @Alioth Yay for a boy! They are super fun! That sounds like a really fun theme. My husband was complaining last week about the number of different colors and patterns in our nursery. If it were up to him, there would be a very small selection of muted and well coordinated/matching colors. For me, the nursery is actually my favorite room in the house. It's so fun and happy.
  • Alioth
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Tks! My husband wants to name him Bruce. But I'm still thinking it over.
    @VeryKatie Yeah, it's not a complete or partial placenta previa, so no bed rest. It's just too close to baby's escape hatch. But unless I start bleeding or something, they're not even going to check back later to see if it moved or not since 95% of them do.
    @puffbrat If y'all have any boy advice, lay it on me! And it sounds like me and my husband are the reverse of you guys when it comes to color choices. Haha.

Question, what did you ladies do for a swimsuit in 3rd trimester? I usually buy one this time of year, but I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do. My parents bought a boat and are prepping it to take to the lake. I just don't know what would be comfortable since I'm way huge now. (No more strangers not being able to guess. Growth spurt last week fixed that!)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth Bruce isn't too common of a name (at least in my area), I've only ever met two. Are there other names in the running that you prefer more? Can't help you about the swimsuit conundrum but going out on the lake sounds fun!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @Alioth I would probably just wear a bikini I already owned and push the waistband under my belly.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @Alioth My boy parent advice: prepared to get peed on. It will happen. Use a washcloth, extra diaper, peepee teepee, whatever you have to. Buy cute clothes when you see them, because they are fewer and farther between than cute girl clothes and may not be available in the right size when you are deliberately searching. That's all I've got for now.

I would just wear a bikini. I wound up not having a reason to use a swimsuit while pregnant but would have worn a bikini and enjoyed the many horrified looks when people saw my extremely extensive stretch marks.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Yes just remember sunscreen if you are swimming outside. Your skin is going through enough without getting burned too. If you swim very frequently, you could invest in a maternity swimsuit, especially if you plan on having more babies down the line.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    Just thought it might be time to check-in again. Time is flying and we only have 6.5 weeks to go. I feel no where near ready right now. I just finally even got anything unpacked from the baby shower this last weekend. Marlin and I have both been sick, him with a Flu-like bug that's had him down for almost two weeks and me with bronchitis for the last week. Just getting through a workday is a victory as all I really want to do is sleep!

We have our last "child birth education" class tonight and besides what little we touched on labor/pain management a few weeks ago, I've done nothing to further plan or prepare--it's making me pretty anxious, but I just haven't had the time or energy to dedicate towards further education. I do know it'll just be Marlin and I, I don't have anyone else for support during labor, my mom won't be able to make it until after she's born. I'm leaning heavily towards no epidural, but my reasons are purely out distrust for the medical world--both in the administration and then pushing of further interventions. But we are both going to need to be a lot more prepared to ensure we aren't forced into anything in the heat of the moment.

Good news is the hospital has private tubs in each room, birthing balls and laughing gas as an option. They also practice delayed cord clamping as a rule and delay any procedures until after 2 hours of skin to skin and a successful first feed as long as all is going well. We are actually touring their birth center tonight.

I've been hovering around 10 pounds gained for the last month so I'm very happy with how well that's gone for me, as is the doctor. Controlled gains along with tedious blood sugar tracking has kept the doctors from pushing any extra testing or anything. When I spoke to them last week they weren't pushing for anything out of routine for NST or ultrasounds, so I'm very happy with that. My next appointment is the 11th and then we'll start moving towards weekly appointments.

I am feeling very round, it's started to hurt to bend over and I've been noticing days of increased pelvic pressure, not all the time, but some days are worse than others. I had planned to take advantage of some free physical therapy at the college after I did their pain study for them, but I've been too busy to even schedule it. At this point, I may not even bother. My hips/back feel better when I get walks in, but it went back to snowing again for now, maybe later in the week if the snow is gone and I am over being sick I can get more walks in again.

So as ill-prepared as I feel right now, I also can not wait for it to be over. Pregnancy is not something I am finding great joy in, it's a means to an end and that's about it for me! More power to those who love this time of their life but for me, I'm ready to get back to being able sling sacks of grain, cow *kitten* and hay without physical limitations!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith I can't believe there's only 6.5 weeks until you get to meet your baby girl! I hope you and Marlin are feeling better! I'm so glad you checked in! I was wondering about you! Awesome job on tracking those blood sugars and your controlled gains, you've rocked that! (and are still rocking that!) I'm sorry you're starting to have increased pelvic pressure, hopefully the snow will let up so you can get some walking in! I'm sure the time will fly and you'll have your beautiful girl in your arms before you know it! Keep us updated! <3
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    We aren't doing anything real matchy or coordinated but here is the state of the nursery so far. I need to get my recliner delivered and it'll be about all together. I've added some various fabric storage totes on the shelves since the photos--they are pink and we're 80% off, so I'll take whatever color is on sale!