Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith The nursery is so cute, love it! =)
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Welp, I think we're gonna settle on Bruce Alexander after all. I'm getting used to it, I think. I just can't think of boy names easily anyway.
    @VeryKatie Thanks! Hmm, maybe? Aren't maternity suits expensive though? Ah well. I'll figure it out.
    @puffbrat Lol. Awesome. I have been warned. And haha. I'm not sure I'm that brave yet.
    @SheilAnneSmith Super cute nursery! I love all the cows. They are adorable. Also, congrats on being so close. 4 weeks now, right? Baby could come at any time. Hooray! Your hospital sounds very nice, much nicer than my local hospital. Sorry you guys were sick earlier. How were the classes? I still don't start mine for a month. Sorry you've been feeling so uncomfortable, and that it's still snowing.

So I have good news. I lowered my bloodpressure to normal, almost low, after it being stage 1 hypertension for a few years now. I've gained 20+ lbs, so I think it must be the lighter work schedule and less stress, not any weight loss victory. I'll still take it! I still am dealing with morningsickness, and now heartburn, and now Braxton Hicks contractions afternoons and evenings. Yeesh. Those things are annoying. But the midwife says it's all normal and baby has flipped head down, and is getting hiccups. I have pelvic pressure that comes and goes (probably not as much as Sheila). I'm at 26 weeks. So I have a long way to go. 2 more weeks until 3rd trimester. The cool thing is now baby is large enough that I can vaguely feel the lumps where his head and back are located if I prod around.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth I like it, it has a good ring to it! that's awesome news about your blood pressure! sounds like you're dealing with a lot of other things in it's place though.
  • Alioth
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Thanks! It's manageable though. I'm uncomfortable, but I'm still feeling better than 1st trimester. I am a lot more positive and a lot less stressed.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth That's good to hear!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @alioth Yes--officially 4 weeks to go as of today. I was able to schedule out the rest of my appointments until due date today, it's all coming so fast!

I had my first cervical check today, they said it's softening/thinning but I'm not dilated any yet. She's head down and measuring right on track. So we are just coasting along at this point and she seems quite content right where she is.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Definitely not long now! she'll be here before you know it!
  • Alioth
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Nice! If you're already softening, then you're right on track along with baby, right? Are you doing any evening primrose oil or raspberry leaf tea? I've heard mixed reports about whether they actually work or not to ripen the cervix. Keep us posted! I'm so excited for you.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    @Alioth Yes, it sounds like pretty well as expected with it starting to soften. I have appointments on Friday's from here on out, so I should get a good idea of progress as we wind down!

I haven't tried any evening primrose oil or raspberry leaf tea. I have some of the raspberry leaf tea at home, just keep forgetting about it--I have intentions of trying it but everyday has been such a whirlwind recently.

Marlin and I are planning a trip to town this weekend--we have to go about 90 miles to get to a mall, so I'm hoping to pick-up some new sweats, tank tops, nursing/sports bras, etc. that I think I might need--so I can finally pack a hospital bag and feel ready to go. We plan to stop somewhere for a nice dinner/dessert as well, so it'll also be our last date night before baby arrives. I'm looking forward to it, although I'm sure I'll feel totally wiped out by the time we get home.
  • Alioth
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Sounds like a really fun weekend. Enjoy your date night!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    3 weeks to go!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Beautiful picture!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    Had our 38 week appointment today. 80% effaced and 3 cm dilated--her head was low, but not engaged and the doctor could push her back up yet. At this point he pretty well thinks we're still likely to make it fairly close to the 18th, but time will tell. I am not having any contractions or indications of things moving along, but my body is obviously making some progress and I'm just oblivious I guess! I don't feel like her arrival is imminent....at this point feel like I have at least another week before I should get nervous about going into labor, but maybe she'll catch me off guard.
  • Alioth
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Lookin' good! And wow. Sounds like she's ready to go. So exciting! Keep us posted.

Welp, I had a good appointment yesterday and cleared my 1st blood glucose screening. I have to do another fasting glucose test next week. Alas, I have not been to the gym in forever now. :/ Feet and hands are swelling a bit in the afternoons. I'm having trouble breathing too. But I'm excited to be in 3rd trimester now. I've started freezing meals to have later when needed. Kitchen is progressing again with more sheet rock and finishing. Josh and I are starting birth/newborn/postpartum/breastfeeding classes soon. Can't wait!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Progress is progress, she'll be here before you know it! =) how are you feeling today?

@Alioth Happy 3rd trimester! and yay for passing your blood glucose screening! How much longer do you have on the kitchen? Yay for classes! =)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Alioth wrote: »
    @SheilAnneSmith Lookin' good! And wow. Sounds like she's ready to go. So exciting! Keep us posted.

Welp, I had a good appointment yesterday and cleared my 1st blood glucose screening. I have to do another fasting glucose test next week. Alas, I have not been to the gym in forever now. :/ Feet and hands are swelling a bit in the afternoons. I'm having trouble breathing too. But I'm excited to be in 3rd trimester now. I've started freezing meals to have later when needed. Kitchen is progressing again with more sheet rock and finishing. Josh and I are starting birth/newborn/postpartum/breastfeeding classes soon. Can't wait!

Omg breastfeeding classes sound so useful. SO USEFUL. Please tell me if you feel they helped afterwards!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit I'm feeling pretty good yet, no clue what to expect but don't feel like anything is super close or different yet. Down to single digits to go tomorrow. Just plugging away at work, put in 10.5 hours today as I was having a more productive day that usual, so I rolled with it! It's hard to leave a list undone at the end of the day and not know if I'll be back tomorrow to finish or not!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith you look beautiful!! Glad to hear you are doing well.

@Alioth Happy 3rd trimester! I hope you enjoy the classes and find them helpful.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith How are things going now?
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    She arrived just after midnight on Mothers Day. I Got to 8 cm and then quit progressing and her heart rate got up and wouldn't come down. Ended up with a c-section after 20 hours. Born at 12:53am. 8lbs 6.5oz. 20.5". She was sunny side up and just couldn't make it through pelvis. Labored to 7 with only nitrous oxide which I loved but then it started stressing baby, got a epidural an hour after that as it was too intense for me the relax and breath as I needed to. Epidural only moved me to an 8 in 3 more hours. Not as planned but she's here and just had a great first feeding. We think she's pretty perfect--but we may be in trouble as I feel like she's going to be as stubborn as I am! Very content as well.