Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @samlovesthesnow Congratulations!! And welcome back. Wishing you a smooth and great pregnancy! Go boys! And, we picked a Scottish boys name for our upcoming little love. Bruce Alexander. Yay. <3 Let us know what you guys settle on. Fun times!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy @samlovesthesnow ! Crazy how time flies, you're already 28 weeks! 12ish more only. Wow. Boys are so cute, you'll enjoy him :)
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @girlalmighty08 uggghhhh egg omelette rolls from sushi restaurants have alcohol in them!!! I'm so upset now that I've found out. I know it's not much but I ate so much as late as last week. And fed Keith some :( I feel like a terrible mother.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @girlalmighty08 congrats! How exciting! Nice surprise after thinking you were out!
    @samlovesthesnow welcome back and congratulations!
    @Alioth that is such a lovely name!

I’m (cautiously) happy to finally post here that I got my first positive pregnancy test this afternoon after a year of trying. We actually took a much more relaxed approach during our summer trip and this ended up happening. Go figure!

I haven’t even missed a period yet so it’s still very early. If I guessed at my ovulation date correctly I’ll be due on St. Patrick’s Day if this bean sticks!

We’re at DH’s mom’s house with his whole family and I decided to test with a first response early results (I think I’m 10DPO) right before we left for their annual 4th of July beer tasting primarily to get the green light to drink. But it wasn’t green! It was pretty faint pink. Then we ended up telling every single one of my in-laws and DH told a handful of his friends. I think I’m going to wait until after my period is due to break the news on my side.

My sister-in-law, mother of 2 girls and a boy, said we should go for a boy, as if that’s a thing. But good news for all of you boy mommas in this group!
  • Alioth
    Options
    @pezhed OMG!!! Happy Independence Day! Congratulations! Maybe baby just wanted to be a Virginia baby instead of a Colorado baby. ;) . Anyway Keep us up to date how you feel.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @pezhed congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm so excited for you! St. Patty's Day baby. Sounds cute! Bring a green outfit for the baby to go home in Haha.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @pezhed Congratulations!!! How exciting! =)
  • pezhed
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!

How much weight did you guys gain in your first trimester? I’m in a wedding September 22nd and I’m pretty nervous the dress won’t fit now. Internet says 2-5 lbs but I was wondering if that was your experience or not. I’m assuming once nausea kicks I’m probably going to make very bad food choices.
  • pezhed
    Options
    Ahh just looked at a calendar and realized that I’d be 16 weeks pregnant by then. I wonder how hard it is to make dresses bigger...
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    pezhed wrote: »
    Thanks ladies!!

How much weight did you guys gain in your first trimester? I’m in a wedding September 22nd and I’m pretty nervous the dress won’t fit now. Internet says 2-5 lbs but I was wondering if that was your experience or not. I’m assuming once nausea kicks I’m probably going to make very bad food choices.

I've gained 1 lb by 11 weeks this pregnancy and 0 last pregnancy. You'll want to account for a bit of bloat and some bigger boobs probably. By 16 weeks with a first pregnancy you won't have much of a bump yet, but probably some. My first pregnancy I was 13 weeks when I needed my belly band and at 17 weeks it was still easily hidden with a loose shirt.
  • Alioth
    Options
    I gained 13 lbs by week 16--mostly in my tummy and boobs. Hope that helps.
  • pezhed
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Sounds like you experiences have varied, haha. I think I’ll just have to deal with it closer to the wedding.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    I'm having a rough time at work. I returned from my mat leave for baby 1 three weeks ago. I informed my boss on Tuesday that I'm pregnant and told him I'm not announcing publicly yet.

Within 1.5 days he has already hinted in front of other people that I'm pregnant 3 times. And he's inappropriate with what he says. He asked when I told him I was pregnant "Is this a planned pregnancy"? Last pregnant he asked when we conceived (i.e. when my husband and I boned wtf). All through my last maternity leave he would contact me a minimum of weekly on Facebook messenger to get photos of my child. I couldn't get him to leave me alone. When I returned, I discovered 3 photos of my child only on display on my desk (I didn't tell him he could). He also kept showing up at my house while I was on leave and I had to keep pretending I couldn't answer the door. Now he keeps attempting to guilt trip me by saying things like "My prince (he means my kid) is special to me" or "But I'm not allowed to see my Prince" (when I kept declining to meet with my boss on my maternity leave. Or by saying "Why didn't you tell me earlier you were pregnant! Now I have to meet with my boss again!" (Well whoopitdy-doo you have to spend 15 mins talking to someone who is awesome, why should that affect any of my decisions?)

I ended up going to HR to make an informal complaint. Now it's the day after and I'm getting worried that the situation might get worse not better.

Why do people have to be so stupid/inappropriate/insane around pregnant people and mothers???

I just can't seem to shake my anxiety. It's not as bad as it was post-partum, but I kinda feel like it's becoming consuming again...
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I remember your boss bring inappropriate before, I'm glad you made a complaint about it. It's unacceptable. I hope it gets better. Is there someone you can talk to about your anxiety?
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie That is straight up creepy. Like I hope HR talks to your boss about what is and is not appropriate workplace decorum. There is no scenario when it's okay to get nosy about the details of an employee's conception. The whole "my prince" thing is also super weird, especially if this is not someone that you have a close friendship with outside of work. That is all kinds of creepy. I'm sorry you have to put up with that in the workplace.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Edit: just realized I posted this in the wrong conversation.... Deleting here and putting in the "Check-in"
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I haven't checked in here in a while but I had several positive tests over the last few days! I have an appt with my OB on Friday to do bloodwork, etc for an official confirmation (it still doesn't feel real!). Today puts me at 4 weeks with a tentative due date in mid April. I'm trying so hard not to get ahead of myself because it's still so early but I'm just so excited! I just really needed to tell someone/all of you :)

If any of you have tips for nausea that would be greatly appreciated. So far only ginger ale and saltine crackers help, but I'm trying not to be SO obvious about it at work.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @mebelfanti Congratulations!! Saltines and ginger ale. Some milk, especially chocolate milk, helped me. Peanut butter also really helps. Someone suggested that to me and it was a lifesaver. Do not let yourself get too hungry or too full. Even if your nausea is horrible, don't skip eating at least a little because that will actually make it worse.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat thanks so much! I would not have thought about peanut butter or chocolate milk but they both sound delicious.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @puffbrat I'm going to call the employee assistance program through my insurance. We get 12 sessions with a therapist so I think it's a good place to start. I'm nervous to call though.

@arendiva I agree is it so creepy. I'm currently trying to avoid contact with him at work as much as possible without making it obvious.

@mebelfanti congratulations!!! It wont feel real till baby is coming hahahah. Even once you feel baby move you acknowledge that you're pregnant but not that your going HAVE a baby lol. At least that's how I feel!