Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat $111 is pricey, I don't blame you for not wanting to go into the doctor just yet. My doctor laughed at me because we were still over a year from TTC, I doubt you would be laughed at :wink: Even so, it was good that I learned I'm not comfortable with this doctor early on. I'd hate to go through pregnancy with someone I didn't like as a doctor.
    My visits are covered under "well women" preventative care. But I'm sure if I go often I'll have to pay. Annually is correct Vered, and once I'm pregnant they are covered as well.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I do love my doctor. I have been seeing her for about 9-10 years, so I know she wouldn't laugh at me or talk down to me. I just don't want to waste her or my time and that much money. It's frustrating that a visit costs so much since she is in-network for my insurance and I have a decent plan. My husband would prefer I find a less expensive practice to visit, but I have a wonderful relationship with this doctor and told him I'm not going to give that up since we can afford the visits.

I will say that at CD51, I'm still having some odd and random pains/symptoms and feel like my period just isn't even planning to come but I still don't necessarily think I'm pregnant. My husband thinks I am. We'll just have to see....
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @puffbrat I took another cheapie test and it showed a strong positive. So I bet your cheapie tests are working, especially if you're taking them at far apart intervals (mine was a week between). But that being said, if you have to pay $111 for a doctor's visit, I'd definitely use the expensive tests first too! Not going to lie, I love Canada's government healthcare plan haha. I also agree with you on not switching doctors. It took me 4 years to find another one I like an even then I can tell it's not a perfect fit. I would try to stop stressing too much about your period for now. Stress might also be part of the problem after all.

@Kirstie155 I think if my boss mentions it one more time I'm going to have to ask him to stop in a private meeting. For now I've been able to drop it, but I think the next one will really bug me. Also good point that those symptoms are for period too! It's weird how similar they are, isn't it!? All I'm getting so far is a few mild cramps, so mild I can't even be sure that's a symptom.

@computerfox82 thanks for the congrats wishes by the way :) How's it going?
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Something weird today... I still haven't heard form the doctor about confirming my pregnancy. But I have to sign up for daycare tonight/tomorrow morning for June of 2018. So... hopefully all those home pregnancy tests are right lol.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat How are things going now? Did you take one of the expensive test yet or still waiting it out?

@VeryKatie I think I may have missed this but when did you go to your doctors? Should you have heard by now? Can you call in and ask about the results?
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit I went to the doctor on the 11th. Because she asked for a quantitative blood test I was told it would take a week to get the results. I called on Tuesday and they still don't have the results back from the lab. I booked an appointment for Friday as it was my last chance to get appropriate motion sickness pills before my now cancelled trip so I'm hoping they have them by then. I asked them to call me when the results were in... but... that's kind of not how doctors work here.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Oh, well I hope they have them at your appointment on Friday!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @VeryKatie I hope they have your results at your appointment tomorrow! I hope you went ahead and signed up for the daycare. I'm sure you could always cancel it if necessary.

@WifiresGettingFit I did take the expensive test and it was negative also. At this point I'm assuming my cycle is just seriously messed up. Saturday I having really sharp pains all morning while we were driving to the park for camping. I wonder if it was ovulation pain which I sometimes get on the right side, although never that sharp. Today I'm having a teeny bit of spotting that is barely noticeable. I'm planning to call the doctor's office Monday to get an appointment unless my period starts this weekend.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat I hope they get you in asap and that it is just your body adjusting to coming off birth control!
  • puffbrat
    Options
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    @VeryKatie why not just take another cheapie test since you haven't heard back yet? Youre going to the doctor today?
    @puffbrat keep us posted! Sorry to hear about your sharp pains, I dont think O pain is usually so bad. Maybe your period is on its way!!

I saw my niece for the first time this past weekend. She just turned 2. Now I really want to get pregnant, I want a baby so bad! I also just got our travel vouchers for the Bahamas in the mail...funny timing, that.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @Kirstie155 my cheapie tests have all been positive so I know I'm pregnant... but my doctor doesn't! LOL. I called today and they have the results back so she will be able to advise me on pregnancy stuff when I get there today.

OMG 2 year olds are THE CUTEST! It's the best age, I swear.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat you're welcome☺
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @VeryKatie any update from your doctor appointment??
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    I agree, update please Katie!!!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Hi hi! Sorry for the no response! We had a late Thanksgiving dinner this weekend and I always get too stressed with those things haha. And then our builder sent the painter for our 1 year appointment.

The doctor confirmed I am pregnant :)

I find it odd she didn't refer me to an ob/gyn or give me any instructions on what to eat/not to eat/how to take care of myself. She gave me a blood requisition to do in a week or two for my prenatal screening though (checking vitamins, blood type, anti-bodies, that kind of thing). She also said she isn't going to weigh me until week 10 which I thought was weird too.

I'm considering calling to see if I can get a midwife. It's weird since I thought I'd only ever be comfortable with doctors but now I'm finding I want someone who will listen a little better. We have a severe shortage of midwives though, so it's probably too late. But I'll find out.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie That's so exciting that it's finally confirmed! Congratulations again!!
    I hope it isn't too late to find a midwife!
  • VeryKatie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I wonder if construction sites are safe to be on when pregnant. Cement dust and diesel fumes and such... I don't know if I should talk to a safety officer or something before going on my next site visit (on Thursday). What would you guys do?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie I would say there are significant risk, some that you may not even be thinking about or know about given that each site is probably a little different and you may not know what all goes on there and I would definitely talk to a safety officer about it.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Yay @VeryKatie! That's great your doctor confirmed you are pregnant!

I know a couple women who went to OB/GYNs and worked with a doula. They wanted the doctor, but also got that feeling of being heard and supported by the doula. The doula can also be a great advocate for you throughout the process and especially during labor so your SO doesn't have to take that on.

I would suggest talking with a safety officer considering all of the variable risks at construction sites.