• motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Congrats! @Megliveken
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    So we're planning on telling my husband's family tomorrow our big news. It's a little early, but it'll clear up the dodge ball problem haha.

We're going to dinner at Olive Garden.. and they are probably suspicious. ... As in his mom flat out asked (via text) "If we have news". And I was like... boo. We brushed if off as "Katie missed Halloween so she hasn't seen everyone in a while". Hahah and I think his siblings suspect since I've been skipping dodge ball every Sunday. You can only prioritize birthday parties so many times.

So I am hoping to find a way to 1) throw them off the trail! And then 2) Pull the switch and announce lol.

So far all I've got is that I'll accept the wine sample and wear a tight shirt. And if they ask if we wanted to talk about anything then to ask if it's okay that we don't host Christmas this year and let them know my family is celebrating on the 24th so ask if they're ok with a different day (they usually do the 24th also).

But I am looking for ideas! Any ideas? Ideally the announcing should come from my husband's mouth.. and we have no time to buy cute gifts (plus that would be obvious too lol).
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie That's exciting that you're going to announce it to his family!
    I have no interesting ideas though so can't help you there. Let us know how it goes!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    That's exciting @VeryKatie!

I do not have a poker face and people always anticipate my good news/surprises, so unfortunately I don't have any ideas to help you out.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    eeee about 3 hours till the cat's out of the bag!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Good luck! =)
  • VeryKatie
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hahaha it was super fun telling people.
    Chris' mom claimed she guessed it. Except EVERY time I've seen her since we got married she has asked if I'm pregnant so... it doesn't count as guessing it if 99 guesses are wrong and one happens to be right hahah.

His sister cried (the girl is not the crying type) and I think his brother was blushing a lot. His brother's girlfriend was already making plans to prep their apartment to be baby safe LOL. Chris' dad was just so happy looking!

Cutest ever! Though we told them that we will be telling everyone else at Christmas and that they are sworn to secrecy and they're nervous they'll let it slip hahah.

Solved my dodge ball problem. Angela (sister) will tell everyone I hurt my back at the gym hahah.
  • Lindsay375
    Lindsay375 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So I has just found this group when I first got my Mirena out...and they said it could happen right away ::drumroll:: and it did! BFP yesterday!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @Lindsay375 Congratulations!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie glad it went well!!

@Lindsay375 Congratulations!! ☺
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @VeryKatie sounds like you got a great reaction!

Congratulations @Lindsay375!!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on sharing your big news @VeryKatie ! How exciting, I bet that was so amazing to tell them.

Sorry I've been missing, I've been very sick for a week, and am preparing for a 4 day work trip AND my dog has fleas that just won't die. It's been a rotten week for sure. Thanksgiving is right around the corner so I have that and our vacation right after that!

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @Kirstie155 That sounds like an awful week! I hope your feeling better and this week goes much better for you!

I finally got a positive pregnancy test on Friday!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Hopefully this week is better for you!

@puffbrat OMG!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! =)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Back to work today, still feeling under the weather but after 4 days off work plus the weekend, time to get back to work. I have 6 vacation days planned in December, so unless I want to cancel one of my 2 mini vacations, I have to work. Still have a cough though. Thanks for the warm thoughts everyone. Doggies fleas seem to be under control now, after 4 baths, 2 flea treatments and shes not allowed in the backyard until we treat that for the fleas, but no time or energy right now to do that.

@puffbrat congratulations again!!!! <3
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat How did your appointment go?!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit I posted a very long response in the check-in discussion.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    I think we heard the heartbeat yesterday. The doctor was pretty sure it was fetal, but she had a hard time finding the heartbeat. Turns out I might have a retroverted uterus which could make hearing the heartbeat harder since my uterus is farther back. Also found out I have scoliosis (must be mild if this was the first doctor who found it). The midwife at the later appointment (who seemed really good) couldn't find the heartbeat. She did say it's a little early too.

I think I will tell my boss today. I'm having anxiety in keeping it secret since 1) I feel like he knows and 2) I'm worried he'll make me travel during dates when I should be having appointments. Now that I know I'm supposed to have appointments every 4 weeks, it seems like a lot. I just need to de-stress a little... I will just bluntly say what my concerns are regarding that pending pay raise and travel and stuff.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @VeryKatie that must have been exciting even with the slight uncertainty of whether that was the fetal heartbeat. That's interesting about your retroverted uterus and scoliosis. Did they say if either of those will affect your pregnancy?

Good luck with telling your boss. Just be firm and clear about your expectations like you are planning to be and I'm sure it will go well.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie I thought you weren't supposed to have to travel so much? @puffbrat already asked the question I was going to ask and I hope telling your boss helps your anxiety and I hope it goes well!