Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi Teegan! 35 weeks, you are just soaring along in your pregnancy. I'm also glad to hear an update, I have been wondering about you as well. So you're having a boy! Have you chosen names, decorated the nursery, had a shower yet? So excited for you :)

Puffbrat, I would for sure try and take a deep breath and try not to stress about Thailand. Maybe it's because you are still so early in your pregnancy that Leo isnt freaking out, but Im sure he will, and since you both work together (you do, right?) I feel that you will have the sympathy of your whole staff on your side. Stressing about it wont help in the meantime. *hugs* Please update us as soon as something changes with this...
    I also second getting someone to take care of kitty litter, although if you wash your hands...Im not sure how it spreads. But I'd milk it to get out of scooping poop, haha!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support Kirstie. I'm sure my mom or someone else will be willing to help with the litter boxes. And I definitely am enjoying not having to do them :)

The company we work for has about 10,000 employees, and Leo and I are in different organizations. So I don't think I would get meaningful support through work. I did tell him that if I go into labor while he is in Thailand, when I come to work from maternity leave I will bop his manager on the head. But I agree with you that I need to take a deep breath and try not to worry. At worst, he isn't here when I go into labor but my parents are. Far from ideal, but not the end of the world.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat if it helps, I have a book from my midwife that specifically says the partner is advised not to travel for 2 weeks on either side of the due date. You husband should be back by then right? So hopefully it won't be an issue, if they only recommend the 2 weeks before.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Yes, he would be back by then. It is only a 3 day conference, plus the travel time on either side. That does help. Thanks @VeryKatie!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    So I'm officially half way through my pregnancy and figured I'd post a bump photo! I think it appeared on Monday haha. I should have smiled but oh well, too lazy to retake the photo.

ni86zd0a0iww.jpg

• Kirstie155
    Options
    EEEk! Our first bump picture <3 Katie you are so cute! :) Thanks for sharing!!!

This makes me want to work out even harder to lose this weight before I get pregnant...because I want a cute bump too!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie you are soooo cute! Such a sweet little bump :)

I hope you are feeling strong and comfortable!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Aww yay!! Thanks for sharing this inspiration!
  • VeryKatie
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Heheh thanks! My sister said "You popped! You actually look pregnant now!" when she saw it. So that's nice that I'm past that other stage haha. It's funny she often didn't look pregnant for another 5 weeks on me. But we are very different builds so I guess that makes sense. Not comparing lol.

On another note... today in my ultrasound and I'm SO EXCITED! I want to see if the baby is moving since I can't feel anything. (We only get the one ultrasound in Canada unless something is wrong or if you didn't know the date of your last period when finding out you were pregnant).

We may not find out the results today. We might need to wait to find out till Feb 15 at my next prenatal checkup but hopefully the ultrasound tech will tell us something.

We're not finding out the gender but I would like to know that all the arms and legs are in the right place haha. I'm paranoid that there will be an arm coming out of the face or something. :s

How are everyone else's pregnancies going?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie You look great! Love the bump! =) I'm sure there will not be any arms coming out of his/her face! I hope your ultrasound/appointment goes well!!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    An ultrasound, how exciting! Im sure baby Katie is formed just as s/he should be, with all arms and fingers and toes right where they are meant to be :)
    I love it when couples wait to find out the gender until birth. There are so few real surprises in life-what an amazing one! Are you hoping for one gender over the other?
  • VeryKatie
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yay I got a chatty ultra sound tech (student) for my ultrasound so she told us everything was normal. Normally I'd have to wait till my next prenatal appointment to find out since the doctors need to review it first. It took her 50 mins to do the diagnostic part of the test so Chris was sitting in the waiting room super freaked out as he saw two other couples coming and going. And we are not sure if she let the gender slip or not. I hope not haha but we didn't confirm so we still can't be sure.

All the limbs and parts are in the right place on the baby! And the baby was grabbing at it's feet - just like I see babies do on the floor and it was like "whoa... this baby... is already ACTING like a baby!" and it was really cool. We forgot to buy a picture though lol. And the baby was moving around a lot I guess. And I have an anterior placenta which is one reason I will feel movement later as it provides a cushion. But apparently an anterior placenta makes the ultrasound picture better!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie I'm glad everything went well!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    So my back is hurting a lot today. As were my abs. But I just read at 20 weeks you are supposed to stop sleeping on your back or one of the symptoms is back pain. Maybe that's why.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @teegan84 do you have any updates for us??? You're 37ish weeks now, right?
  • teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie baby has dropped and I am starting to feel very uncomfortable, have a lovely waddle now haha the obstetrician has said he is a big baby so may come early and if not they won't let me go past my due date on the 24th.....so the end is in sight!! How have you been feeling? You must have a nice little bump now and starting to feel some movements! Between 20 and 30 weeks were my favourite, not to big yet but still feel little baby wriggling around, it's like having your own little secret when they move and you are with other people
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Congratulations @teegan84 the end is near :) Im sure you cant wait to meet your little one!
  • VeryKatie
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @teegan84 oooh that's so exciting! I can't believe one of us will have a baby in 3 weeks or less :) Too bad you're feeling uncomfortable but at least the pregnant lady waddle is adorable hahah. Did you find out the gender or are you waiting to find out? Have you taken a tour of where you're going to give birth? Baby's head is down I hope? Is that a pic of your bump? Seems nice and compact! :) Beautiful.

I've been feeling pretty good, though my back and ab muscles are feeling pretty weird. I've already had to start supporting my belly with pillows even though the bump isn't that big, just because I don't love the stretching feeling lol. I haven't felt the baby move at all yet though. I have an anterior placenta (on the front) so it provides a cushion. Some women with that type of placenta say they almost never feel the baby move. My sister had the same and she didn't feel any of hers till 25 weeks. I'm at 21 weeks now. I hope I feel something soon. I really want to.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    I think I am finally feeling the baby move. It seems to like to punch/kick me near the cervix (crotch) LOL. Silly baby!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    So my due date was changed to June 17, 2017. This means it's only one day off from Father's day. I'm thinking I want to buy something in advance for Chris in case that's when the baby comes (on his first Father's day).

I was thinking either one of these onsies:

https://www.amazon.ca/Daddys-Squirt-Onesie-Bodysuit-Romper/dp/B0117WJ05K/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1487360476&amp;sr=8-21&amp;keywords=funny+onesies&amp;th=1&amp;psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/TeeStars-Drinking-Buddies-Fathers-Onesie/dp/B01GJEXRCI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1487360362&amp;sr=8-2&amp;keywords=funny+onesies&amp;th=1&amp;psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/TeeStars-Bodysuit-Fathers-Onesie-Newborn/dp/B01GJEYFK6/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1487360362&amp;sr=8-10&amp;keywords=funny+onesies&amp;th=1&amp;psc=1

Or perhaps a key chain or something engraved with
    Dad
    Est.
    (Date)

I would add the date later.

The problem with a onsie is that it's not really for Chris. But they're adorable and I could definitely have it on hand ahead of time. The key chain would be more thoughtful. But it's also a key chain lol. And I couldn't have it 100% ready for when the baby comes.

What do you think? Anyone have other ideas?