Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• katycapp
    katycapp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @teegan84 what a beautiful family picture!
    Congratulations!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Teegan! What a wonderful start to a new journey. Beautiful family :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @Teegan84 Congratulations! Glad to hear you are both doing well! =)
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congrats @Teegan84! I adore the name Harrison! I hope you and babe are both doing well and recovering!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @teegan84 congratulations on the new addition! Love the picture, full of emotion. Take care of yourself while you take care of the little one!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    @teegan84 omg he's so wonderful! Congratulations on your new baby Harrison!! I'm so happy for your guys! I'm glad you're at home recovering :) Good choice to track to make sure you're eating enough. Eeee so happy for you!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @teegan84 Congratulations!! That is a lovely picture of a beautiful family!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Had my anatomy scan yesterday. We're having a boy!!! While I was hoping for a girl, I actually thought it would be a boy. Every dream I have had about the baby, it was a boy. Everything else seemed fine but I will get the actual results at my OB appointment next Friday. I do have to get another ultrasound in a month because they couldn't get a good enough image of his face since he had his hand in the way the whole time.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat A boy!! How exciting! (I would be saying the same thing for a girl. haha) Have you guys picked out a name yet?
  • VeryKatie
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @puffbrat awww so cute a baby boy!!! Now you can start thinking of names super seriously. You could even start calling the baby by name :D So wonderful! You can't steal my name though HAHA. Actually it would not be a big deal lol. Do you have a short list?

We are thinking Dimitri Wade for a boy and Elizabeth Chloe for a girl. The middle name of the girl is still settling though, so that might change.

Today is 100 days till my due date.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Eeeeek! A boy, congratulations Puffbrat <3 I also want to know names and such :) Nice names Katie, I love Elizabeth...it's on my list for a girl as well. I love traditional names like that. I dont have a boys list really... I think there are only 2 names on it...hahaha. I want a girl so badly!
  • VeryKatie
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @Kirstie155 yeah we had trouble with boys names. We finally narrowed it (well... actually there were no names on it for the longest time) to Dimitri or Peter. But my bro's dog is Pete so that name will have to wait until second boy if the first is a boy/child (you know... for the name to become "available" again).
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congrats @puffbrat !! So exciting :)

I'd also love to hear names you are considering! We already have a short list for boy & girl names...and have for years even though we aren't TTC until later this year haha.

For boys I really like Everett, Finn, Theo, and Felix and I kinda like Grover (I'm all over the place haha)! Middle name will probably be James.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @jennamae102 I LOVE the name James. I thought Dimitri James would sound really nice. But it turns out that some people feel like Dimitri is the Russian version of James lol - the progression goes: Nickname for Dimitri is Dimi. Which is like the American Jimmy. Which is the nickname for James. So if that's true, I don't want to essentially name my child James James Harris lol.

I also have a cousin named Everett. It's a nice name. And it was really cute hearing him spell it when he was a little kid :) Theo is also really nice. Theodore. Theo, Ted. :) Nicknames are good.

Except the nickname Dimi. That's a stupid nickname LOL (though I still like the full name enough to use it hahah).
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Our boy name is actually being dictated by family tradition (I have mostly moved past my resentment and hatred of this to resignation) which makes it easy. He will be named Leo Joseph S. V My husband is Leo Joseph S. IV His father (III) and grandfather (II) are both still alive also. It's going to get confusing up in our house :p

I will say that looking at girl's names was really fun and letting go of the name Madeleine was my only disappointment about having a boy.

@VeryKatie I love your name ideas!

@jennamae102 Those are great name ideas. I love the names Finn and Everett.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat I hadn't forgotten all about the tradition on your husband's side. I've always liked the name Leo.

Great name ideas everyone! =)
  • VeryKatie
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @puffbrat would your husband agree to a compromise of using the same first name so the baby is still Leo V but consider a unique middle name that you would call him by? That's what a friend of mine did. William VI but William Adam instead of whatever the other middle names were. Daily, they call him Adam. I just can't imagine forcing my partner to name their child a name they don't care for. Though if you gotta, I guess you gotta! At least it is a nice name! Not something that isn't relatively modern. Or just super ethnic or old... like... Ludwig haha (if my grandfather's name was passed down).
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @VeryKatie I have tried offering every compromise I could think of: totally different name, same first name different middle name, different first name same middle name, different first name Leo as middle name, same initials, etc. He just won't budge. While I still occasionally get annoyed about it, I have mostly resigned myself to the situation and used it to bargain for complete autonomy in the design of the nursery. Plus, like you said, it isn't a bad or seriously outdated name. When we were thinking about girl names, Leo kept trying to suggest using one of my grandmother's name as a "fair" compromise. I told him that while I loved my grandmothers, I will not be naming our child Wilma or Ethel.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    OMG I'M SO HAPPY!!! THE CANADIAN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JUST EXTENDED MATERNITY/PARENTAL LEAVE TO 18 MONTHS! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Though we still have to decide what is right for our family, it is so nice to have the option. I wonder if the provinces need to do anything to make it official. I am desperately hoping that my husband will take off 6 months after I go back after the year. Or something. It would be so amazing.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Katie, I am so so happy for you! Canada sounds like an amazing place to live. They obviously care so much about families...as they should!

I am planning on being a sahm after birth because I want to stay home for more than 12 weeks! I wish there was an option like 12 or 18 months leave. It wouldn't feel like I had to choose so soon. 12 weeks is not enough time at all. Go Canada!!! :D