Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Wow that's great @VeryKatie!!! I'm desperately trying not to be too jealous. I'm not even sure what my company offers but I think it's something like 6 weeks without full pay. I need to find a job in Canada!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I didn't think they would come out with the change before I gave birth lol. So I'm very happy because it sucks when you JUST miss something. It's not very good pay though. About $940 pretax per month, so it's definitely a financial hit. But having my job protected is the key - they can't fire me for 18 months :) And maybe possibly actually being able to find a day care after the 18 months (though I am still unsure if we'll be able to. Demand is so high and supply is so low. My sister wasn't notified of a spot until 3 years after she had a baby for her first... though she luckily found a home day care in the meantime).
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news Katie! All countries should follow suit!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic news Katie!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well, in a turn of events that I certainly wasn't expecting or planning...I'm pregnant.

Obviously I didn't do a great job of charting my body temp/cycle for prevention this month lol. Last week my breasts were feeling pretty sore, but I just bought a new bra that I had worn for a few days in a row, so I figured that was why. Then Monday morning when I took my temp it was still pretty high even though it was day 32/33 of my cycle...and then it just kind of hit me "oh I might be pregnant." I was kindof in a daze all day, then took 2 different brands of tests when I got home from work, both said pregnant. I bought another brand yesterday, also said pregnant.

Overall, this only puts us about 6 months ahead of our general timeline, we were planning to start TTC in Sept/Oct. However, I am supposed to be a bridesmaid (and already purchased 2 dresses) for 2 weddings in October...when I would be around 32 and 36 weeks along haha. That won't be cute. I need to figure out when/what to tell the brides. And I don't know if I've mentioned this here before, but my job title is Demand Planner...I literally plan out timelines for a living, so I'm just kinda dealing with not being able to plan my life like I thought I could haha.

I made a doc appointment for the 8 week timeline, so that is currently scheduled for 4/25. So I'm hoping that everything stays healthy between now and then. I'm also hoping that I calm down some? I don't know how to describe my emotions right now...I'm happy, but still shocked and confused....like I said, I plan things for a living, and this is not what I planned so I'm still sorta in disbelief. Sorry for the super long post, but THANK YOU to all of you lovely ladies for making me feel comfortable to share here :)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    @jennamae102 Congratulations!!!! :D:D:D
    It's so great that you were eating healthy and losing weight before getting pregnant. And I know you are shocked (hahaha, life planner-you are so right its funny that you didn't plan this!) but you will get over that shock in no time! 6 months is hardly any time at all, and your bride friends will understand. I would suggest to wait to tell them until at least your 8 week doctors appointment, or even until you are ready to tell everyone in your life. Im surprised you already have your dresses, isnt that kind of early?

Congratulations, Momma!!
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oh wow congrats at @jennamae102!!! What a wonderful surprise! Totally get the planning thing, I'm an obsessive planner so can only imagine what it's like when that is your profession (maybe I need a career change haha). You will definitely adjust, just start a new plan to help calm you down! Enjoy this exciting time, and look after yourself
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    @jennamae102 Fantastic news!! Congratulations- I'm sure you're probably still in shock, but wonderful news nonetheless. Keep us updated on how you get on!
  • jennamae102
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Thank you! Yes, I am glad that I was already working hard at losing weight and made it almost halfway to my goal of 30 pounds. Hopefully that will make it easier to gain a healthy amount of weight and then take it all back off again. And I totally agree with you, I don't plan to tell the brides until after the 8 week appointment...maybe not even until closer to 12/14 weeks depending on how things are going.

@1fit_mamma Thanks! That is a great idea to just start a new plan to help me relax. I feel better today, it feels a little more real but I don't feel ready to start planning anything yet lol.

@samlovesthesnow Thank you!! I'll be sure to provide updates!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @jennamae102 congrats on what will ultimately feel like good news! I can imagine the planning stress it would cause, especially with the weddings. I agree with holding off on telling the brides. They will definitely be understanding but it's too bad you already bought the dresses! Hopefully you'll make complete peace with the surprise soon. Good to hear you'd been doing so well working toward your weight-loss goal! That will go a long way after you have the baby!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @jennamae102 Congratulations!! =)
  • VeryKatie
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @jennamae102 OMG YAY pregnant! Congratulations! I read the other thread first and then just had to come here to see what happened :) I'm very happy for you! In my experience, the spreadsheet is still useful for during pregnancy so I recommend staying here and using it lol.

Depending on the styles of the dresses, they might be able to be modified by a tailor or seamstress to accommodate your new shape. You might need some extra swatches of fabric. You could look into getting them :)
  • jennamae102
    Options
    Thanks @verykatie! I will definitely still track on MFP, I'm afraid if I just let myself not think about it I'll be one of those 70 pound gains during pregnancy haha!

I know some dresses can be easily modified, one of the brides is having us wear separates (a long tulle skirt) so that might be easier to work with than the other dress that I chose specifically because I thought it would look great after I lost another 15 pounds lol. Also, I'll be 7 and 8 months along by the dates of the weddings so I'm not sure they will still want me to be a bridesmaid or that I will even have the energy for it? Assuming all stays healthy for the next 8 weeks or so then I'll have the conversation with each bride and see what she wants.
  • VeryKatie
    edited April 2017
    Options
    A 20 week and a 30 week bump comparison (where I'm conveniently wearing the same clothes haha). Sorry if the pics are big, no idea how to resize. Sheesh, I'm even wearing the same necklace lol.

hhjbo9hh0tey.jpg

rfv48b6d3pfp.jpg
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @VeryKatie Are you in almost the exact same spot too? haha Now that's a comparison photo! You look great! =) Also I can't believe you're already at 30 weeks! Time is flying! (at least for me) Is it going fast for you? haha
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie you look so cute, I love your bump <3 And ya, great job wearing the exact same outfit, haha!
  • VeryKatie
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Hahah yeah I figured I may as well stand in the same place too! The black shirt shows up well against the white wall LOL. That's the ladies room at my work haha. It is going fast but it's also starting to slow down. Maybe because work is getting busier (as in I actually have to try to get stuff done now).

@Kirstie155 lol yup it worked out! Which is surprising since I also wore this cardigan yesterday lol. I don't normally repeat cardigans at work next day... but I wanted a shorter sleeved one. I promise I changed the shirt I was wearing though.

Does anyone know how to make pictures smaller when posting? Lol.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @VeryKatie haha it does! Yeah that'll do it! When do you go on leave? I feel like you mentioned it before but I can't remember.
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    @VeryKatie - lovely. Great bump! Just a few weeks to go now!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit my last planned day of work is June 16. I might decide to take some vacation before hand though.