Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ugh seeing those onesies just gave me baby fever! haha I actually like both ideas. I really like the 3rd onesie (the one that says you've got this daddy!) I think he'll appreciate the thought no matter which you decide. (or if you go with something else.)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Yeah that one is really cute, especially in the gray stripes. I kind of wish the "Drinking Buddies" one had a picture of a boob instead of a bottle LOL. But that might be inappropriate...
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie those are all cute! I really like the drinking buddies onesie. You could always get your husband a gift that coordinates with a onesie.

I just had a friend announce their pregnancy on facebook (they are big beer drinkers) with an engraved growler that said "baby smith aug 2017" and a little onesie that says "home brewed"(like this one https://www.etsy.com/listing/386762240/home-brewed-onesie-im-home-brewed-unisex).
  • VeryKatie
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @jennamae102 Ooooohhhh like get him some specialty beer with the onsie or something! :O imagine if there was a beer that came in a bottle that looked like a baby bottle...
    That onsie linked is really cute too. :) thank you!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @VeryKatie haha!
  • katycapp
    katycapp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I have some news to add to this thread. :-) Beta yesterday was 49.6!!! I am pregnant!
    Will have it drawn again on Wednesday to check that it is doubling, so cautiously hopeful at this point.
    My progesterone only went up from 8.0 to 9.4 so that is still much lower than they would like to see it at this point (they wanted it to be over 10 a week ago, and over 15/close to 20 yesterday)
    I started supplements and they will recheck progesterone on Wednesday as well.

I am still "not allowed" to run as my SO is concerned about my heartrate. I understand that this is probably not that big of a deal especially because I am not new to running. Unfortunately we both have some concerns because I had a miscarriage 4 years ago, right after going for a run. Even though logically we both know it probably was not at all related, its hard to separate the two (more for my SO than me). Based on my current progesterone levels, that was probably the cause of my first loss. So I might venture in to some light jogging just so I don't go stir crazy. lol.

On another note, I just realized that you wonderful ladies are able to comment on the reflections in the spreadsheet. I had no idea! I also don't know how to respond or make my own comments so if anyone is willing to teach me?

• VeryKatie
    Options
    @katycapp YAY I'm so happy to hear you are pregnant! I hope your progesterone levels go up quickly :)
    I understand the concerns about running, I'm sure you're right that it was probably the progesterone last time too, but if it makes your SO more comfortable not to run, maybe that's best.

In terms of commenting on the reflections page, you want to right click on the cell you want to add your comment to and go to "Insert Note" (Not "Insert Comment")

1c2tdk2qdkdm.jpg
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy, how exciting!!
  • katycapp
    Options
    @VeryKatie Thank you for the congrats!
    Thank you also for the lesson in using the spreadsheet!
  • jennamae102
    Options
    Congrats @katycapp!!

A little random question - but I think I read in here a while back a discussion on ovulation strips. Can any one recommend a brand/set that you've used and liked? I currently chart my temperature every day, but I want to check with some strips to make sure I've got it down....currently for prevention....in 7 months or so for trying! :)
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @katycapp!! Very exciting. Keep us posted on progress :)
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Fantastic news! Best of luck with the repeat progesterone test :-)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Congratulations @katycapp!
  • VeryKatie
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @jennamae102 I'm not sure of a best brand. I never ended up buying them but I just selected the ones the had the best reviews on Amazon for the cheapest price lol. Someone else was using ovulation strips... but ... I can't remember who (I blame baby brain). @teegan84 maybe?

Omg... Teegan... is your baby here yet??
  • katycapp
    Options
    Thank you both @Kirstie155 and @jennamae102 !

I have always used ovulation tests from the dollar tree. I also double check my results (when it gets close to positive) with a clearblue digital smiley test. That can get a little pricey though so it just depends on how much you want to spend as well as how much you trust your line reading skills. haha!

• katycapp
    Options
    Thank you all!!
    I will keep you all posted with tomorrows results. Fingers crossed for increased numbers!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else checked your due date if you get pregnant each cycle? Like if I had gotten pregnant this month, due date would be like Nov 15th (we didnt-so Ive forgotten already.) Next month is Dec 9th, next is Jan 2...ect. Only me? :p

I havent done the ovulation tests bc Im afraid they will make me even more crazy. Since we havent had an official start cycle yet, Im trying to keep the crazies at bay. Ive had babie rabies for soooo long. Im looking at rocking chairs, nursery themes, onesies. Gotta keep it together until I see those 2 lines-and then I can just blame the hormones (hahah)! anyway, no opks for me just yet, it will give me something else to obsess about.
  • jennamae102
    Options
    oh @kirstie155 that made me lol! Totally understand that you don't want to do anything that will make you too obsessive...yet :)

I haven't checked what the actual due date would be, but I have thought about the month. My bday is in August & my husband's is June and I've thought that I would not want my baby born in those months so that their bday would feel more special. That's probably kinda dumb...but my bday is 4 days apart from my mom's so it was always celebrated together.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I checked the due dates all the time hahaha.

@jennamae102 I understand the birthday months too! I kept thinking about events that I needed to avoid like friend's weddings and the whole month of July since EVERYONE in Chris' family is born in July lol. Eventually we were trying long enough that I didn't care about any of that any more though.
  • teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options